Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2017

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Breastfed babies should usually be fed on demand so if they sleep they sleep, but if you're using formula top ups I think you would need to wake baby to try and maintain supply, as the top ups will likely decrease supply so you need to counteract that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MonsieK

jimmurt wrote: »
    Hi All,

Baby Nathan arrived Wednesday noon via a planned c-section. All going well, a little on the light side :)

We're trying to feed mostly breast with bottle as back-up. We're both finding trying to keep him interested and latched quite difficult and the resistance to use the bottle more is always there.

He's sleeping well. Tonight is the first night at home, he spent the last 3 in the hospital nursery. I'm quite nervous. Might pull an all-nighter :D

Btw do people here wake baby for 3am, 4am feeds if he doesn't wake himself. My wife thinks that we should let him lie as he will wake when hungry. The nurses at hospital were waking him at 3am.

Congrats! Great to hear all went well.

My little fella was like that the first night at home. He just wanted to sleep so i let him. I tried feeding him after 4 hours but he had no interest so left him and then had a massive feed an hour or two later. The next night he was awake every 3 hours now he wakes every 2 hours looking for feed. I think they are tired the first few nights so all they want to do is sleep but unfortunately that doesn't last 😉 at least it didn't with our two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Baby Eoghan arrived saturday at 14.47. Had been in labour since thursday night so we had a tough time but hes here and hes perfect. Has been in special care baby unit since he arrived due to swallowing muconium and was distressed from long labour. Hoping to get him to myself tonight. So hard not being able to hold him and feed him myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

So nearly at finish line.... please keep me sane ....

38 weeks +1 ....
    Major nesting going on...

Have awful backache and lower back pain since last week. Getting harder to walk and just feel so sore. Paracetomol no longer working or heat. Baths and showers not helping..
    Was never like this on boys....
    A fair bit of pressure tbh but so unsure if its labour starting as boys were so quick. Just feel different and off ...

Having tightenings on and off all over bump and constant lower back pain...its crippling...terrified it will be another quick labour...

Rang maternity last night due to pressure in back not easing...but.didnt go get checked as i did manage to handle it at home.. still having cramps in bump tigtenings and major backache now.. dont really want to go in unless im definetly in labour.

Due back to cumh on 22nd of may and IF favourable will get induction date...

Sorry if tmi, but even down below, feels swollen and different...looks different too.

Have antenatal check up tomorrow with nurse in gp ..

Congrats to everyone on all the new arrivals !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

So nearly at finish line.... please keep me sane ....

38 weeks +1 ....
    Major nesting going on...

Have awful backache and lower back pain since last week. Getting harder to walk and just feel so sore. Paracetomol no longer working or heat. Baths and showers not helping..
    Was never like this on boys....
    A fair bit of pressure tbh but so unsure if its labour starting as boys were so quick. Just feel different and off ...

Having tightenings on and off all over bump and constant lower back pain...its crippling...terrified it will be another quick labour...

Rang maternity last night due to pressure in back not easing...but.didnt go get checked as i did manage to handle it at home.. still having cramps in bump tigtenings and major backache now.. dont really want to go in unless im definetly in labour.

Due back to cumh on 22nd of may and IF favourable will get induction date...

Sorry if tmi, but even down below, feels swollen and different...looks different too.

Have antenatal check up tomorrow with nurse in gp ..

Ahh tell me about it. Im 39+1 today. cant wait until our second girl will deside to make an entrance. My first labor was 36 h so im hoping this time it will be quick. im so tired. cant walk more than 5 mins. if i go to nap i wake up more tired than before the nap :D
    have back pain and tightening but still she is kinda comfy inside and is not planing to come out.
    ave hospital check on Thursday hopefully they will tell me that she coming soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 5ive

Congrats to all arrivals-6 days over and counting here........

Anyone get their maternity benefit back-paid in a lump? Just wondering if they taxed the lump sum?
    Lady in mat benefit section said they wouldn't but she wasn't sure.

government dept; wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a fast one like that!

Hey all, waters went today at 39 weeks.
    Woke up from a nap to find them gone.. rang cumh at 6pm and arrived at hospital at 7ish. Had cramps but manageable..

Was 2 cm with manageable pain no plug left and.waters gone.. got sent to labour ward due to history of fast labours thank god I got a midwife who.herself had a history of quick births.
    ...checked about 8 :30pm, 5cm and major pressure...then got urge to push about 9pm .... baby sofia born at 9:12 pm weighing 6lbs 9 oz ..my little princess..

My 3rd totally precipitate birth. Avoided gas and air as it makes me want to be ill.

Only got difene and paracetomol.after baby.

Delighted its over with..she is a fabulous baby and so.cute.
    She fed well on breast so hoping it continues.

For those still waiting for their maternity benefit - I've just got mine in a lump sum today. It was due on the 21st of April so it's good to finally have some money coming in. As far as i can see it was taxed.

Hey all, waters went today at 39 weeks.
    Woke up from a nap to find them gone.. rang cumh at 6pm and arrived at hospital at 7ish. Had cramps but manageable..

Was 2 cm with manageable pain no plug left and.waters gone.. got sent to labour ward due to history of fast labours thank god I got a midwife who.herself had a history of quick births.
    ...checked about 8 :30pm, 5cm and major pressure...then got urge to push about 9pm .... baby sofia born at 9:12 pm weighing 6lbs 9 oz ..my little princess..

My 3rd totally precipitate birth. Avoided gas and air as it makes me want to be ill.

Only got difene and paracetomol.after baby.

Delighted its over with..she is a fabulous baby and so.cute.
    She fed well on breast so hoping it continues.

Congratulations! You've done great - hope you're proud of yourself.
    Enjoy your little baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Congratulations Notsomindful, it's wonderful to be this side of pregnancy!

Now, if I could get my little man home it'd be even more wonderful! :D

MonsieK wrote: »
    For those still waiting for their maternity benefit - I've just got mine in a lump sum today. It was due on the 21st of April so it's good to finally have some money coming in. As far as i can see it was taxed.
    Yea. I got mine aswell was due to start maternity on the 8th of may. Got the back pay this week.

5ive wrote: »
    Congrats to all arrivals-6 days over and counting here........

Anyone get their maternity benefit back-paid in a lump? Just wondering if they taxed the lump sum?
    Lady in mat benefit section said they wouldn't but she wasn't sure.

government dept; wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a fast one like that!
    Welcome to my club... I'm 3 days over now. Can't wait for the princess to deside come and meet us. First daughter was born at this stage but this one has desided to stay in longer. Went to hospital check last week. She has time to arrive herself but if she still not here by 31st of may then they will induce me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Today is my due date ... He's 5 weeks and 3 days old.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sleepymissymoo

Congrats on all the arrivals! And glad to hear your little boy is doing well cbyrd. I haven't checked this thread in a while.

My little girl arrived 3 weeks yesterday! Was booked in for c section on Monday 8th at 38+5 as she had been measuring small all along so consultant said they generally deliver early at 37-38 weeks and my first baby was c section as she was breech so they couldn't induce me or anything this time around. Waters ended up going on the Sat morn so went into hospital and was there all day with nothing happening. Contractions started that night and after a whole night of contractions and not a wink of sleep I was examined in the morning and told I wasn't progressing at all, so it was off to theatre for a c section! Once the drugs kicked in I felt great and whole procedure was so quick and easy, and I felt fine afterwards. I was first in theatre and recovery room on the Sunday morning so felt nice and relaxed. Recovery has been great too, was home after 3 nights.

Baby was whisked off to high dependency unit tho and didn't get to hold/feed her for 24 hrs but she is absolutely fine and no problems breastfeeding. She was 6lbs but already up to 6.5lbs at her 2 week check up!

Baby Alisha arrived on 28th of may at 7:13am 8pounds 4 ounces . Settling in the new world and feeling great. Was due in 21st of may but we came ā week late.

Advertisement