Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Hi all - new to this- due 7th May (all going well!) ...first baby so very excited and nervous.
    Started a new job yesterday and am very anxious about breaking my news to them!! how soon should i tell them??

I am three months into a new job so am in the same boat(and due within a few days of you)! I work in a very small place (there are 4 of us) and I am the only one who does my job so feel super guilty. I want that feeling to go away before I tell my boss! I won't be telling her til the end of October anyway so am also open to tips on how to do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

I am three months into a new job so am in the same boat(and due within a few days of you)! I work in a very small place (there are 4 of us) and I am the only one who does my job so feel super guilty. I want that feeling to go away before I tell my boss! I won't be telling her til the end of October anyway so am also open to tips on how to do it.

At least im not alone!!! I know they cant do anything about it but i guess its natural to feel guilty and nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lucky2017

I'm sure all the employers will be more than understanding - it's might not be the first time they will have had this conversation with staff. There's absolutely nothing they can do so if they are at all reasonable they'll be happy and accepting :-)

In a way I wish I had an employer to tell and maternity leave to take - I'm a self employed sole trader and worried about losing business when (if*) baby arrives! I'll have to do some work part time at least 2-3 months after birth so that clients don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth. It's a long time away anyway so I'm trying not to worry.

*I'm still not fully convinced I'm pregnant despite the Doctor's confirmation 10 days ago! It's my first and just feels so unreal - the only strong symptom has been sore boobs. They are still a bit tender but the real soreness has reduced - that has me worried!

Thinking of a private scan in Dublin in a few weeks. Any recommendations? I don't think it'll sink in until I can see a heartbeat. I am petrified of missed mc. Also I'm still not booked in with a hospital! Where are you all going?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

Lucky2017 I'm in the same boat, self employed and will be back at work after about 3 months.

I'm booked into the Coombe and will have my first scan 19 Oct can't wait. I already feel pregnant for ages.

I have short cycles and ovulate early so although my last period is having me die 3 Rd May I reckon I'm due earlier than that. Time will tell. I'll be having a section anyway at 39 weeks so will be having baby in April. Maybe I am on the wrong group

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

So got pregnancy confirmed today. Due date is 20th May.As I have history of pnd and other issues, I take meds so am referred to EPU so waiting for appointment. I had a lung clot after ds#2 so have been started on Aspirin until I am seen at Epu. Its really happening.

I have two sons: one ds nearly 5 with autism and and son aged nearly 3.
    My house will be mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Sorry for my ignorance - what is 'ds'?

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    Sorry for my ignorance - what is 'ds'?

Dear son

Ginger biscuits are amazing for any morning sickness - they have been my life saver the last couple of weeks!!

Quick question - When i went to get the pregnancy confirmed with Doctor I couldnt get an appointment with my usual clinic. I had to go to a different doctor who is known for being very old school and quite rude. I would really prefer not to have to deal with her throughout my pregnancy.

She has set everything up with me and sent of my bloods etc..do i now have to stick with her or can i can get everything swapped over to a different clinic?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Meubles

The nausea has started on last day or two was tossing and turning all night trying to feel better! No more spotting since that one day so feeling much better about that.

Anyone else feel hungry but not in the mood to eat it's the weirdest combo. Yes probably eating small and often helps must get some ginger biscuits! Registered with a midwife today so waiting to hear when we've our first consultation!

I'm hoping to get a permanent contract end of October roughly around the time we'll tell feeling guilty too about not disclosing first but they can't refuse me a contract cuz of that! Told the family Sunday as I'm home for a few days it was a lovely moment I'll always remember!!

Am coming off 2 of my psychiatric meds so heres hoping I can stay off them til 36 weeks. Will start back on them before baby arrives.

The logistics.

I have nausea almost like motion sickness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Just for morning sickness, I found sweets called "gin gins" excellent for that almost motion sick feeling. Got the double strength ones for good measure. I know Holland and Barrett have them, not sure where else they're available.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Redteacup86

Anyone suffering with nausea, I'm finding the travel sickness armbands fantastic for keeping a lid on the nausea during the day. Got mine for 1.50 in dealz
    Xx

I thought morning sickness didn't hit until ten weeks or so. It is very much something I would like to avoid. I am smothering with a cold, my sneezes are violent, my throat hurts and my coughs are a bit suspicious. I rarely get viral things without it turning into a chest infection so am uneasy about this one! I was on antibiotics last week for a UTI 😢

Anyone suffering with nausea, I'm finding the travel sickness armbands fantastic for keeping a lid on the nausea during the day. Got mine for 1.50 in dealz
    Xx

Must get these. I get hit with feeling ill from about week 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Redteacup86

They are great, instant relief! My nausea kicked in 6w2d and has been like clockwork starting at lunchtime every day the last 5 days! The bands work as soon as I put them on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Lucky2017 I'm self employed sole trader too, was due to go back when baby was 3 months old. It actually wasn't too bad, it's tougher now that he's a toddler, but I mind him while I work which is where my difficulties lie, most people don't do both simultaneously! We're planning any further pregnancies around my work schedule, need better timing so I could take longer off.

Loveinapril morning sickness can kick in pretty much any time, I had it from 6-14ish weeks, then on and off from 20-28 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Well.. I got a positive this morning, I'm not actually sure when I'm due.. ffs .. I had my cousins wedding at the end of July, my aunt was terminally ill and died 3 weeks later. I cannot remember if I had a period before the wedding or the funeral.. it was such a hectic 6 weeks. I only realised yesterday when I was eating peanut butter and onion chutney crackers wondering what was smelly in the fridge (not a bad smell.. just pungent) my OH bought me a test last night..
    This is my 6th ... :O :D

Anyone thinking of getting the flu jab or has anyone gotten it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ I got it around this time last year. I was due in March, commuting on very crowded public transport (Northern line at peak time) and flu is worse in pregnant women so wanted to give myself at least some immunity!

Thanks rainbow kirby .... were you sick after it??

• Advertisement

It wasn't my time this time.i stared miscarrying yesterday at 7 weeks 4 days. I had it confirmed this morning and reckon I am coming towards the end of it now.

^^^ So so sorry to hear that Loveinapril :(

It wasn't my time this time.i stared miscarrying yesterday at 7 weeks 4 days. I had it confirmed this morning and reckon I am coming towards the end of it now.

I'm really sorry to hear that loveinapril. I know so many people who have been in your situation and I can imagine how tough it must be. It really is very unlucky and could happen any of us. Thankfully most who miscarry go on to become pregnant again and to have healthy pregnancies. I hope you can take some solace in that.

lucky2017 wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear that loveinapril. I know so many people who have been in your situation and I can imagine how tough it must be. It really is very unlucky and could happen any of us. Thankfully most who miscarry go on to become pregnant again and to have healthy pregnancies. I hope you can take some solace in that.

I really do. It was our first pregnancy, 2 months of trying and my body is taking care of the miscarriage in timely form. I feel like I grieved for the loss after my first heavy bleed, two weeks ago today. Once the bleeding started again yesterday I knew that was it. We are just gonna take the weekend to watch boxsets in front of the fire while drinking tea. We will try again after I have a period, as directed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thanks rainbow kirby .... were you sick after it??

Nope, was fine. I was 17 weeks when I got it and just had a stiff arm for a couple of days afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Hi. I'm due on 21st of may. Very exited our second child. It had been 5 years since the first one came around and the feelings is completely different. Already got the letter for hospital check in November. Can't wait for that first scan. Feeling OK... just so so tired. I think I could sleep 24/7

Anyone thinking of getting the flu jab or has anyone gotten it before?

Going to get it ...am.getting my bloods done this week so will ask nurse about it. I am.prone to chest infections and.colds so anything to stop it getting worse.

Hi. I'm due on 21st of may. Very exited our second child. It had been 5 years since the first one came around and the feelings is completely different. Already got the letter for hospital check in November. Can't wait for that first scan. Feeling OK... just so so tired. I think I could sleep 24/7

Congrats Darina1991! I am wrecked too, I'm not too bad in the mornings but come lunchtime I am ready for bed! Do you mind if I ask what hospital gave you the Nov appt? I registered online with Holles St but haven't heard anything back yet. Am considering going with the Coombe anyway. I think I should make up my mind but want to wait to tell my Mum first - it's going to be a few weeks before I do that though!

I think I'm jut 6.5 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

lucky2017 wrote: »
    Congrats Darina1991! I am wrecked too, I'm not too bad in the mornings but come lunchtime I am ready for bed! Do you mind if I ask what hospital gave you the Nov appt? I registered online with Holles St but haven't heard anything back yet. Am considering going with the Coombe anyway. I think I should make up my mind but want to wait to tell my Mum first - it's going to be a few weeks before I do that though!

I think I'm jut 6.5 weeks now

hi Lucky2017
    the tiredness killing me. :D:D:D
    My doc referred me to rotunda public care.
    Don’t mind at all there. I had my first baby there and can’t tell anything bad about the place. They were great for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Meubles

Tiredness is killing me too!! My app says the heart has probably started to beat! So exciting!

Set up our first midwife appointment which is Oct 13th for intake and blood tests, the Dutch system is all outside of GP / hospital. So I've no idea what to expect! I read it's free to have the baby at home and 350e in the hospital, we're debating home birth but I'm nervous because it's our first. Booked our first scan too for 26th of October and we can do a gender scan in November for 45e which we will definitely do. Starting to feel more real day by day! I'm tending to get nausea late at night it's so weird. Have a work drinks and dinner this week think I'll just take a glass and hold it for the evening :P

Advertisement