Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Redteacup86

Hope everyone is feeling well! We have our private scan sat morning- getting excited and super nervous now. I almost feel like I expect them to say I made a mistake and there's nothing in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Feeling cranky and tired trying to sort stuff for our eldest sons appointment in Dublin on friday.
    Packing and being referee for two under 5 's dosed up on chocolate cake. Its the 3 year old s birthday tomorrow. On top of this, had my bloods and flu jab this morning as well as work so in no humour.

Just tired. My oh didnt come.home.til 8/after everything is done. I need support but no getting it. Feeling anxious as well, coming off meds so withdrawals making me a monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

I got anti nausea meds so my life has changed... spent weekend vomiting everything I ate and now I'm like a new woman! Just very tired and in bed by 9pm each night but that's no harm. Scan on Monday - really hope all is ok and there's a heartbeat etc. Boobs incredibly sore and I got a spot yesterday which usually heralds period so was a bit worried. All this worrying can't be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lucky2017

Decided on a whim to get a private early scan and got a last minute booking in Ultrasound Dimensions Blackrock last night. I was so worried that there were be nothing there and that the pregnancy was all in my head.

Well lo and behold a lovely little heartbeat was flashing away at us! 140 bpm and measuring 7w 2d EDD 16 May 2017. My doc had me at 8 days earlier but I knew that couldn't be right. It was a really special moment and well worth the €105. We even got a photo to take home - the baby looks more like a tortoise than anything else but I think it's the most beautiful sight ever!

Of course we are still not out of the woods so holding tight for the twelve week mark. We have our booking appt in the Coombe on 20 Oct - I'll hopefully be 10w 2d then (it's early because my last period was 2 Aug and I have long cycles).

Feeling good - just a bit nauseous if I allow myself get hungry and more tired than usual. I generally eat loads of fruit and veg but I'm totally gone off that now! Instead I just want really bland food - does anyone else find this?

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    I got anti nausea meds so my life has changed... spent weekend vomiting everything I ate and now I'm like a new woman! Just very tired and in bed by 9pm each night but that's no harm. Scan on Monday - really hope all is ok and there's a heartbeat etc. Boobs incredibly sore and I got a spot yesterday which usually heralds period so was a bit worried. All this worrying can't be good!

I also have the sore boobs, though not half as bad as in the first 4-6 weeks. They tend to be more painful at night. I wouldn't worry about the spot, I'd say it's normal. You'll have so much more peace on mind once you have your scan

• Advertisement

Feeling cranky and tired trying to sort stuff for our eldest sons appointment in Dublin on friday.
    Packing and being referee for two under 5 's dosed up on chocolate cake. Its the 3 year old s birthday tomorrow. On top of this, had my bloods and flu jab this morning as well as work so in no humour.

Just tired. My oh didnt come.home.til 8/after everything is done. I need support but no getting it. Feeling anxious as well, coming off meds so withdrawals making me a monster.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good notsomindful - it must be really tough trying to cope with pregnancy symthoma in addition to two small kids and another one on the way. If you had a chat with your partner and told him how difficult it is maybe he would understand more and give you a break to have a rest?

lucky2017 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good notsomindful - it must be really tough trying to cope with pregnancy symthoma in addition to two small kids and another one on the way. If you had a chat with your partner and told him how difficult it is maybe he would understand more and give you a break to have a rest?

Thanks Lucky. Just had very stressful week. In dublin at min until tomorrow. Eldest son got diagnosed with adhd, autism etc..this week so turned rest of time in Dublin into a break for all of us. Life is going to get harder.

Need to get over next few weeks. Have scan on friday so that will be nice. Need a better routine in House.

Had first scan yesterday, dated at 9 weeks, couldn't believe could see little arm and leg buds moving around and heartbeat was 170 which was good. Consultant said everything looks good! So relieved. It all seems real now. Oh and I have a retroverted womb apparently. Have decided not to google that one. Ha!

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    Had first scan yesterday, dated at 9 weeks, couldn't believe could see little arm and leg buds moving around and heartbeat was 170 which was good. Consultant said everything looks good! So relieved. It all seems real now. Oh and I have a retroverted womb apparently. Have decided not to google that one. Ha!

Delighted you saw baba.

scans are so reassuring.
    Have my first scan on Friday i will be nearly 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Meubles

Sadly this was not to be our time and started to miscarry Monday at 6 weeks. Feeling pretty cheated and raw about it but taking comfort in the fact that it did happen and hopefully will again soon. Wishing you all the best with your pregnancies ladies. x

• Advertisement

Really sorry to hear that Meubles. I'm sure it was an awful blow. Wishing you all the best in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Meubles wrote:
    Sadly this was not to be our time and started to miscarry Monday at 6 weeks. Feeling pretty cheated and raw about it but taking comfort in the fact that it did happen and hopefully will again soon. Wishing you all the best with your pregnancies ladies. x

Sorry to hear your news.
    This happened me 3 years ago and within 3 months I was pregnant again.. take heart .

I have no symptoms except waves of tired that happen at 11am, 3pm and 7pm like clock work.

I haven't been to the GP yet , I suppose I should but I'm stalling. I'm trying to piece together August to see if I can remember when my period was. I feel so stupid cos it's something I'm very good at remembering..I could be anywhere from 6-10 weeks.
    Fun times :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

First scan tomorrow morning!!! Will be 10 weeks 2 days. Excited but a bit nervous also!!!

LouD2016 wrote: »
    First scan tomorrow morning!!! Will be 10 weeks 2 days. Excited but a bit nervous also!!!

Best of luck!
    It's the loveliest feeling of relief when you see it squirming around. Hopefully all is going according to plan.
    10 weeks myself tomorrow. Dying for the 12 week scan!

Best of luck LouD! My first hospital scan (Thurs 20th) will be 10w2d also - based on my last period I should be 12 weeks by then but my cycles are long so date of conception was later... I had a private early scan at 7w2d and saw a heartbeat. It was amazing. I find it difficult not to worry that something may have gone wrong in the meantime though, I'm just anxious to get to 12 weeks.

Sore boobs are pretty much gone although I'm still wrecked come 6pm and a little nauseous in the evenings. Mornings are way better for me!

Had a scan in epu last week according to date of last period, i was 8 weeks but only 6+2 according to scan. Have a reassurance scan next week when I will be 8 weeks. Think my cycles could be 6 weeks rather than 4.

Saw my dot flickering away though last week so reassuring. Still feel fairly sick and yeuck so its reassuring. Boobs sore still but not as much. Need to get proper bras and comfy clothes tomorrow. Feleing like a whale already

Scan went well - makes it very real when you see it on a screen!! sickness hasnt eased at all - if anything its gotten worse, especially the evenings.
    Feel the same Notsomindful!!! none of my clothes fit now and finding it hard to know what to wear - especially when still having to hide bump!!

Scan went well - makes it very real when you see it on a screen!! sickness hasnt eased at all - if anything its gotten worse, especially the evenings.
    Feel the same Notsomindful!!! none of my clothes fit now and finding it hard to know what to wear - especially when still having to hide bump!!

I didnt show until after 20 wreks in my other pregnancies....now at 7 week i feel huge. Have my dating scan on 2nd of nov...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sleepymissymoo

Going to join in here! Due around 24th may, so 8 weeks now. Seems like such a long few weeks already, reaching 12 wks seems a long way off yet!! Def feeling worse than last time already, nausea kicked in right away. Have an almost 2 yr old who still wakes quite a bit at night so that definitely doesn't help with the tiredness!!
    Hope everyone getting on well so far! Glad to hear first scans are going well, have scan booked for 2 weeks time, can't wait!

Hope everyone is well. Had final scan at epu yesterday and my due date is my birthday. I have my dating scan is on 2nd nov. Great to see heartbeat and my little dot.

Still wrecked and nearly puked over smell of Hotdog's in Claire's accessories today. Some customers were eating them.

But really happy right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Hope everyone is well. Had final scan at epu yesterday and my due date is my birthday. I have my dating scan is on 2nd nov. Great to see heartbeat and my little dot.

Still wrecked and nearly puked over smell of Hotdog's in Claire's accessories today. Some customers were eating them.

But really happy right now

so happy for you Notsomindful...
    I have my first scan next week on 3rd of November.
    Can’t wait until ill see my little one ...
    My morning sickness is finally gone, but the back pain started to kick in.
    I guess there is nothing what i can do regarding it anyways..... :D
    tiredness is still there i could sleep 24/7 if i wouldn’t need to go to work.:D:D:D:D

i have another scan next week (3 weeks after 1st scan). They didnt really say why so soon together. What happens at the 2nd scan does anyone know?!

i have another scan next week (3 weeks after 1st scan). They didnt really say why so soon together. What happens at the 2nd scan does anyone know?!

I had two scans within 2 weeks of each other and my dating scan is a week and half after my last one... So wouldn't read too much into it...

Ah thats ok - was just wondering - i was so overwhelmed at my first appointment i didnt ask half the questions i wanted to!!!

Had my dating scan today. Am 10 wks and 4 days so back in 2 weeks for one more check.

Saw baby shaped blob so happy out.
    Have my first appointment with midwife on friday and high risk clinic in two weeks.

Feeling quite happy.

Have to say i will have had 4 scans by 12 weeks stage... And cannot fault cumh.

Oh and bought a maternity top and.tights today for comfort...its becoming real.people.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

hi,
    Had our first scan on the 3rd of November i should of been 11+4 weeks looks like exactly 11 weeks.
    Hard the hart beat and baby looks healthy.
    Have another app in hospital on 24th of November(feels like more appointment than in last pregnancy)
    Then have coagulation clinic app on the 17th of November. Have chance of clothing on pregnancy so they want to keep an eye on me.
    Its feels like i need to go every week to the hospital :D

Hi all
    It's been quiet here! Hope everyone is doing well.
    I am officially in 2nd trimester today at 14 weeks! I definitely feel much better in myself, no sickness and not AS tired. Little bump definitely forming and I'm pushing size 12 clothes now, up 3kg in weight total (according to app baby only weighs 30g so that's a bit worrying!). Finding it hard to exercise as it's dark before and after work so need to keep an eye on eating rubbish I guess!
    Had a Panorama test done and thankfully all low risk, and we know we are having a baby boy which gives us a bit of excitement - already everyone is coming in thick and fast with name suggestions though so we have decided to keep it a secret until baby born. Have 3 or 4 favourites at the minute.
    Looking forward to next scan at end of month and settling into second trimester.
    Good cheap maternity stuff on ASOS - lots on sale - got some v comfy jeans in New Look also with overbump band - to be honest should have invested in them long time ago!!
    Hope everyone else doing ok.
    It's difficult between scans wondering if all is going normally - looking forward to feeling baby move!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

:D I've made my first gp appointment for Friday... I'll be in or around the 13 weeks Mark, I think. I just kinda picked a date and I'm sure when I have a scan they'll update me.
    Still very nauseous and tired hits for about half the day, it's not so bad on the days I go to the gym but at the weekend it's like I sleep when I sit.. the older kids still have no idea (17, 14) I'll probably tell them for Christmas.:)

Hey am 12 weeks now. I am on heparin for risk.of clotting so still on this and aspirin. Tiredness still.there but two smallies not helping.
    Really excited about this new arrival. Have my dating scan and.clinic app with high risk clinic on 21st of nov.
    Told the kids last weekend, they want a baby sister with pink hair ( thanks storks movie)
    So all good. Very cranky though.

• Advertisement

Had my 2nd scan last week (at 13 weeks) - my next scan isnt until the 8th Feb now. A 14 week gap! Seems very long between scans? Any of my friends that had babies the longest they had between was 9 weeks. I guess it depends on the doctor etc??

Advertisement