Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

GP visit went well, big decisions now to make about which hospital to attend. I had major issues and trauma with the last birth which is going down the legal route. My head is melted.
    Nausea seems to be abating for now thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Had my 2nd scan last week (at 13 weeks) - my next scan isnt until the 8th Feb now. A 14 week gap! Seems very long between scans? Any of my friends that had babies the longest they had between was 9 weeks. I guess it depends on the doctor etc??

hi LouD2016,
    I feels a big gap for me aswell.
    I had my 1st scan at 11 weeks, 2nd Scan is at 14 weeks . And they book the big scan for 20 weeks wt will be on 6th of January.
    But I guess they do different in every hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Had dating scan today. Due date is 28th August
    Saw baby active on screen and a strong heartbeat. Had first appointment with high risk clinice. Quite reassuring. Have an.idea of how things will go. Lovely to see baby waving hello.
    Back in 8 weeks and will.have anomaly scan as well.

Feels so good at the min

I have my first hospital appointment next Monday, but I have been referred to a birth trauma psychologist first, that's tomorrow evening. I don't know which I'm dreading more :o

On the visits, once you get to the 30 weeks Mark they increase .. Lol, you'll be so fed up of hospitals by the time baby is due. Once there's no issues with your health, there's really no need for extra appointments. Even in the high risk group. Just keep an eye out on how you're feeling.. you'll know if anything feels different, don't ever feel like a nuisance if something feels off, contact your GP or the maternity unit ;)

How's everyone doing? I'm weeping my poor eyes out at all the Christmas ads :D
    I didn't make it to my hospital appointment, going to try again next Wednesday, the girl in the appointments dept was actually getting a bit frustrated with me.
    The nausea has gone most days but tiredness is killing me. I started taking floradix yesterday, so I'll see if it makes a difference. The regular iron supplements make me really sick.
    I put up my trees last weekend and the kids are on the countdown, every single day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi ladies.I am due on 4th of may but the doctors will do elective c section and take baby out earlier.Have appointment Tuesday in CUMH.can't wait to see my little one even I had 4 scans already

Had dating scan today. Due date is 28th may
    Saw baby active on screen and a strong heartbeat. Had first appointment with high risk clinice. Quite reassuring. Have an.idea of how things will go. Lovely to see baby waving hello.
    Back in 8 weeks and will.have anomaly scan as well.

Feels so good at the min

Fixed baby brain kicking in...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Just booked a 3d gender scan for next weekend - so excited!! will only be 20 weeks but its just to make sure everything is still ok in there more than anything!

I've had my first hospital appointment and scan. They have dated me May 26th, which is a week later than my own dates, but this will suit if I have to be induced, so 16 weeks today.
    I've an appointment Monday week with the consultant to make a pregnancy and birth plan, so no more tests until after this.
    All looks good so far. Next scan is at 22 weeks.
    How's everyone else doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

I'm doing great, 18+3, felt first movement last weekend and more attuned to it now. A few little thumps a day - definitely more obvious when trying to nod off! Had a go with the stethoscope but can't make out the heartbeat yet, just background noise. Really noticing bump this week; until now I could have gotten away with it!
    Have next scan Monday week which is bang on 20 weeks so that will be nice before Christmas. We know it's a boy but am keen to see anatomy etc.
    Have had a few nosebleeds and heartburn but nothing too bad - definitely a nicer trimester than the first!
    Starting pregnancy pilates after Christmas and also booked a holiday end of Feb when about 30 weeks - Consultant said no problem and it will be our last holiday just the two of us/without babysitting required so really looking forward to that.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else noticed some friends not contacting you as much since you got pregnant? A few of my close friends have really disappeared in the last month or two. I know i cant go out anymore but even a cinema night would be nice. Maybe im just being hormonal?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Has anyone else noticed some friends not contacting you as much since you got pregnant? A few of my close friends have really disappeared in the last month or two. I know i cant go out anymore but even a cinema night would be nice. Maybe im just being hormonal?!

I'm 34 weeks and really have experienced this. I even made a topic about i a few weeks ago.

Time to start making new friends, friends with babies.

I feel like the opposite; that I am withdrawing and hibernating a bit and feel a bit guilty but quite happy not having hangovers etc! Feel like I am missing out though. Not many people are up for the walks and cuppas at this time of year!

I'm 34 weeks and really have experienced this. I even made a topic about i a few weeks ago.

Time to start making new friends, friends with babies.

Two of them actually have kids which makes more surprised. They know what its like. Even a text now and then would be nice! But i guess none of that will matter when baby is here!!

Had a Christmas party on Saturday night, it was funny watching everyone getting drunk, the crap that was talked about! Lol. I was glad on Sunday morning. My (nearly) stepson is getting his communion this year and Mass had to be attended by his very hungover daddy :D I dropped them off and went Christmas shopping.
    We haven't told anyone yet. Not counting the trainers at my gym. I'm kinda wondering how long I'll get away with it.
    With morning (all day) nausea, I've lost some weight. So my clothes aren't tight yet. I do notice though I feel a small bit squished if I pick something off the floor from sitting down. I've a very definite little bump , but after 5 kids it's not any bigger that my baby pouch :D
    The tiredness is killing though. If I want anything done I've to do it early in the day, otherwise it ain't getting done.
    I can't wait for the kids to get their school holidays. :)

cbyrd wrote: »
    Had a Christmas party on Saturday night, it was funny watching everyone getting drunk, the crap that was talked about!

I had this too and I was the designated driver... LOVED hearing (and remembering!) all the goss!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jasmine_16

hi ladies.I am due on 4th of may but the doctors will do elective c section and take baby out earlier.Have appointment Tuesday in CUMH.can't wait to see my little one even I had 4 scans already

How did your appointment go? I'm due for elective around your due date :)

Went for a 3d scan on Saturday - was amazing to see baby moving around!!! Got to find out the gender and see that everything was ok. Makes all the more real and exciting!! Any one else planning on getting one done?

I've had 2 scans on 3 weeks, next one is at 22 weeks .. I'm 17+4 today.
    At 24 weeks I'm meeting with the consultant again to discuss a birth plan. Whether I want to go with an elective section or what date I want to be induced. :(
    I've a history of going 2 weeks late, with my last pregnancy the induction (which was not really my choice) went horribly wrong and we almost lost her. I've been left with leg and back injuries and to be honest I don't think I could face induction again. But I've have been told that other induction methods could be used...
    So a big decision to make.

I'll also get to talk with the previous consultant to find out why the birth happened as it did.
    So far so good anyway, all test results are normal and baby looks good. Roll on January when I can find out if it's a boy or a girl... :D

Went for a 3d scan on Saturday - was amazing to see baby moving around!!! Got to find out the gender and see that everything was ok. Makes all the more real and exciting!! Any one else planning on getting one done?

Had my 20 week anomaly scan yesterday and she did a 3D view - freaked me out to be honest- he looked like a melted candle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Hi All,

My GF is pregnant, due May 20th :)

Was just wondering how everyone else is / was feeling at 18 weeks?

She noticed a bit of bleeding and other liquid this morning and is going to Doctor. I´m in a different country with work at the moment and a bit worried.

I´ve read this is not abnormal at this stage.

jimmurt wrote: »
    Hi All,

My GF is pregnant, due May 20th :)

Was just wondering how everyone else is / was feeling at 18 weeks?

She noticed a bit of bleeding and other liquid this morning and is going to Doctor. I´m in a different country with work at the moment and a bit worried.

I´ve read this is not abnormal at this stage.

Oh dear. You poor thing being away from home- you must be worried. Hopefully all is ok. No point Googling and trying to guess- she is right to go to Dr. Fingers crossed it's all OK for you both and baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    Oh dear. You poor thing being away from home- you must be worried. Hopefully all is ok. No point Googling and trying to guess- she is right to go to Dr. Fingers crossed it's all OK for you both and baby.

She went to Doctor, all is ok. S<he is just a bit stressed that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

hi Mums,
    How are we all doing?
    havent seen any post in such a long time .
    We are growing 23+1 day today.
    All growing well.
    The only issus wt i have seen is that im not gaining any weight at all.
    I did lose few kg in the first 3 months but since then havent gain any back... :D
    I have hospital app next week will mention to doc then ..
    will see wt they will say.
    In the last Scan at 20 weeks they said that baby is in good size and is healthy.

All well here, 25 weeks, bump just sort of appeared suddenly over Christmas, have put on 7kg and tracking it on my Ovia app to make sure I don't overdo it! Getting lower back pain when I sit for any length but am walking a lot and that is instant relief so I must be misaligned somewhere. Having scans every 4 weeks and baby is average on all parameters which is reassuring. Can hear heartbeat clear as a bell now with stethoscope and plenty of movement so I really have been lucky so far. Going on a baby moon (what a naff word!) end of Feb and once we are back I will be 31 weeks so need to get cracking on buggies and sorting the cot out and all that jazz.
    Current complaints are constant heartburn and suspect pelvic floor strength as evidenced whenever I laugh or sneeze so am working on that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Mrsmags go for deep tissue massage or to osteopath, they'd both be able to help your back pain.

I had my anomaly scan today, everything looks good and they're happy with the dates and size.
    It's a boy. :D. We're delighted
    I'm in the middle of moving house and I had to go to the gym today to try and work out the kinks! Back/hip pain is a besterd, but the only way I can keep on top of it is to work out. Thankfully I haven't gained any weight, so my clothes still fit ( I'm on the plump anyway) I did get 2 maternity vest in lidl but they're too big yet.
    22+3 today.
    Just told my mam and were telling the kids tomorrow!
    Happy day.

cbyrd wrote: »
    I had my anomaly scan today, everything looks good and they're happy with the dates and size.
    It's a boy. :D. We're delighted
    I'm in the middle of moving house and I had to go to the gym today to try and work out the kinks! Back/hip pain is a besterd, but the only way I can keep on top of it is to work out. Thankfully I haven't gained any weight, so my clothes still fit ( I'm on the plump anyway) I did get 2 maternity vest in lidl but they're too big yet.
    22+3 today.
    Just told my mam and were telling the kids tomorrow!
    Happy day.

Congrats!
    Scan days are the best days :-)

mrsmags16 wrote:
    Congrats! Scan days are the best days :-)

They are, given my age I'm nervous this time.
    We told the other kids yesterday, I got a fierce slagging :D

• Advertisement

Had anamoly scan today all good.
    We are team pink which is great after 2 boys
    Got a reading from fortune teller before saying id have 2 boys and a girl so it's weird but great.

Back quite sore still feeling sick and wrecked but happy out

Advertisement