Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Had anamoly scan today all good.
    We are team pink which is great after 2 boys
    Got a reading from fortune teller before saying id have 2 boys and a girl so it's weird but great.

Back quite sore still feeling sick and wrecked but happy out

Try the bouncy ball for back pain? It's changed my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

YAY, I've reached the magic 24 weeks. I now have a 'viable' baby :) mad isn't it!

Back pain is a fcuker, best way is to lessen it is to make sure you keep your core strong, this will support your back without your back muscles, that are being pulled out of their normal position, bring stressed too much.
    Pregnancy yoga or Pilates if you don't normally exercise, good pregnancy stretching and not giving up exercise just because! I second the ball use as it will strengthen the core, staying strong really helps the birthing process. Swimming will take the pressure off your back for a while too.
    Small things too like support pillows in bed (between the knees especially) finding the right height pillows for comfort (too low or too high can irritate the lower back) it's worth a trip to a physio to get the best advice, you can do it through the hospital or it's usually about E50 privately. Money well spent though.

24+3, had a consultant appointment today and he said they're happy to let me go into labour myself.
    I usually go 2 weeks over and on the last pregnancy they induced after 1 week, birth went wrong in so many ways and she was flatlined for 3 mins.
    It's down to my age really, but its a 1 in 800 chance of uterine death they're happy to do some extra checks and let me go myself.
    The relief is amazing.

How's everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

hey lady’s,
    we are 25+1 weeks now.
    Little baby girl again.
    So my will have 2 daughters now. MY daughter is very excited about having baby sister as that was the original wish.. :D:D:D
    I haven’t gain any weight at all in this pregnancy. I have lost 8kg. Was bit worried about it. But had a check in hospital last week. they said baby looks very active, good heart beat, and looks exactly the way she should at 24 weeks.
    Ahh that was relief....
    I guess I’ll need to try the bouncing ball as well as back pain is killing me.
    Some days i can’t get out of bed.
    I have GPs app in next week, And then hospital in 2nd of march.(I guess the appointments will get closer now)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Have my next scan on Wedns finally - been 14 weeks since the last one!! so nervous now worrying that everything is going ok

• Advertisement

LouD2016 wrote:
    Have my next scan on Wedns finally - been 14 weeks since the last one!! so nervous now worrying that everything is going ok

I get scanned every visit, just a quick one by the consultant. It's very reassuring to see his little heartbeat.

cbyrd wrote: »
    I get scanned every visit, just a quick one by the consultant. It's very reassuring to see his little heartbeat.

I listen to heartbeat most days with stethoscope. It's very funny...it moves all over the place which confirms all that wriggling is definitely somersaults. He had better not end up breech!
    Have 28 week scan on Monday and then it's 3rd trimester. Weight up 9kg total...dreading any more piling on!

After a 14 week wait the scan was so disappointing - couldnt see at thing on the screen and had to drag info out of the consultant.
    Thinking of booking an Anomaly scan for piece of mind as hospital doesnt offer it. Will be 28 weeks on Sunday and still feel i know nothing about how baby is doing!!!

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Thinking of booking an Anomaly scan for piece of mind as hospital doesnt offer it. Will be 28 weeks on Sunday and still feel i know nothing about how baby is doing!!!

Sometimes I get really angry at the quality of care delivered here. Mind boggling that geography dictates who gets the necessary scans and who doesn't. You poor thing..I would absolutely get an anomaly scan done privately if you have to- but you really shouldn't have to

Yea i know its crazy - every hospital should deliver the same care. We were both so disappointed this morning afterwards. Obviously im sure they would have let us know if anything was wrong but the place was just like a cattle mart - in, quick scan with no info and out again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Sleepymissymoo

Almost 27 weeks here and starting to feel big and uncomfortable!! Have growth scan and appt with consultant next week, only met consultant once at 16 wks so from next wk onwards appointments are more regular and will start to feel more exciting! It's mad how much things differ from hospital to hospital.
    Found out the sex the last time, but hubbie didn't want to this time so a surprise for us! Will drive me mad tho when it comes to packing hospital bag!!
    Hope everyone is getting on well

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Hi all, hope mum's and bumps are all blooming.

I'm 26 weeks on Sunday -hips and back aching ..getting more awkward though bump is neat.

Going for private 3d scan in the morning with my 2 little boys and cannot wait for them to see their new little sister. ( getting gender confirmed tomorrow )

All excited now. Have nothing got yet for baby so need to get started on this. A.bit too wrecked to go beyond making a list of what's needed.

Hi all, hope mum's and bumps are all blooming.

I'm 26 weeks on Sunday -hips and back aching ..getting more awkward though bump is neat.

Went through a few weeks of back pain around the same time, 29 weeks on Monday and the current problem is bloating/indigestion/heartburn/regurgitation. Have to sleep sitting up. Consultant said omeprazole was fine so I'm on it 3 days and bit more comfortable; no burning which is amazing.
    Off on hols next week and bit worried about sitting still on a plane for 4.5 hours but looking forward to a bit of sun and gentle strolls.
    Buggy is ordered and room is being painted for baby.
    It's all getting quite real... especially when consultant said if baby was born now, while he would go to special care for a few weeks, he'd probably be grand in terms of escaping major complications. I think that's mad!
    Hope you're all feeling ok. February is nearly gone!

26+1. Not a bother :) never suffered much with the boys until the last few weeks. I'm taking a rest week from the gym this week, my 5 year old is being circumcised on Monday so It'll be a busy week or 2.

29 weeks and feeling great for the first time since i got pregnant :D
    Got another 3d/4d scan at weekend. Was so clear - could see him yawning and sucking his thumb. Really amazing!

Question for the already mammies - are the antenatal classes worth going to? It is my 1st baby so i could do with info but im dreading the thoughts of the class.
    I hear the Mothercare events give you jst as much information....

LouD2016 wrote: »
    29 weeks and feeling great for the first time since i got pregnant :D
    Got another 3d/4d scan at weekend. Was so clear - could see him yawning and sucking his thumb. Really amazing!

Question for the already mammies - are the antenatal classes worth going to? It is my 1st baby so i could do with info but im dreading the thoughts of the class.
    I hear the Mothercare events give you jst as much information....

I went with my first one. To be honest i didn’t really find it useful as most of the info i already know. But in the same time it is great and assuring for
    First time mummy’s.

I went with my first one. To be honest i didn’t really find it useful as most of the info i already know. But in the same time it is great and assuring for
    First time mummy’s.

Thanks :) yea most pple say its mainly info you know or contradicting information. Where I am its done from 10am to 4pm and really interactive. My worst nightmare haha

First time mummy’s.

I'm not bothering as I did 6 weeks on labour ward as a medical student and still actively trying to un-see some of what i witnessed... will do breast-feeding course in Rotunda though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jasmine_16

How are all you ladies feeling?? We won't see our due dates creep up on us now that February is nearly out :)

I'll be 30 weeks this coming Tuesday, but will only have 9 weeks more until our little one arrives. I'm due for ESC. Its been a while since I've checked in here, and I've been diagnosed with GD since. It's tough going.

I'm putting serious thought into hospital bag prepping at the moment, buying bits each week. All main baby buys are bought, including big stock of nappies and wipes.

How are everyone's preparations coming along? :)

Jasmine_16 wrote:
    How are everyone's preparations coming along?

I'm 27+2 and have absolutely no preparation done.. it usually something I leave to the 2 weeks I go overdue :D
    I have tons of stuff in the house, except a car seat/buggy, I gave that away after the last one thinking I was done.. but kept the cots! Lol
    I have a co-sleeper, cot, bouncy chair, high chair, neutral baby clothes and wipes so just nappies to get. I plan on breastfeeding but I have a set of bottles just in case (still in use :) )This is my 6th so he probably won't be as spoiled as the first ones were ;) I'll kinda wing it

• Advertisement

same here , havent bought anything yet.
    28+3 weeks today.
    Planning to go for some clothe shopping next week and we have cot already from my daughter so only new mattress needed .

Anyone had the nurse & doctor comment on your weight gain? Ive gained almost a stone and half which i didnt think was too bad...im currently 9 stone 6 pounds...(5''3)...
    After numerous comments about that when it was time for my scan the doctor then switched to how petite i am and that my bump is very small for 31 weeks and that the baby must be too small.
    Got me in a complete panic before measuring baby. Hes only showing a week smaller than he should which is fine.
    I just dont know whether i am too small or too fat now?! :D

Ah don't mind them, sometimes they just have to be saying something!
    I haven't been weighed since my booking appointment but I know I have lost weight myself rather than gained (all my clothes are looser except around my tummy :D ) but my GP said last week my bump was measuring 30 weeks (at 27+5) and this week the consultant said it's grand for the dates.. you can measure 2cms bigger (fundus size) on 3rd + pregnancies and its normal. Everyone is different, but unless baby is small in a scan I wouldn't worry. And your weight sounds fine for your height. There's more than baby weight to consider. You've extra blood, bigger breasts, amniotic fluid, placenta. As long as your not eating any more than an extra 200 cals per day, you're fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Freudiangirl32

Hey all..cant believe I am in my 3rd trimester...had physio session on Monday and have pelvic girdle pain along with hypermobility. It's getting hard just walking.. even on flat is killing me. Everything like sitting and lying down even in bed is hurting.

Feeling so sore and tired ...bump has just popped and I feel huge and awkward. Can't believe it's another 12 weeks though.... I will be huge

Had annoying itch but blood tests are clear. So am back in 2 weeks to hospital for scan and another check up.

Cannot remember feeling this tired on my son's.

Started my baby shopping so finally getting to it....

Had annoying itch but blood tests are clear. So am back in 2 weeks to hospital for scan and another check up.

I get really itchy legs especially at night time, my OH got the job of scratching as my nails are too sharp and I ended up tearing my skin.. so now I have a little spray bottle with water and tea tree oil and some Epsom salt that I spray on it when it's driving me bonkers, I had liver function tests done on my previous 3 pregnancies but it seems it's just a thing with me.. the spray works though.

Also, the Epsom bath is brilliant for soreness, I have hypermobility in my knees hips pelvis and ankles anyway so when I'm pregnant I need to be extra vigilant. It's the only thing that gets me out to the gym, if I miss a few days I feel my pelvis getting sore.
    You'll pick up a big bucket of Epsom salt for about E10 in most pharmacies, I'd use about a pint glass of it in the bath and a couple of drops of essential oil (I love lavender or ylang ylang)
    On my last 2 pregnancies I was having a bath nearly every night once I got to 30 weeks, it was my little indulgence and relaxed me so much.
    Make sure you use pillows at night, between your knees, under your bump or behind your back if you're on your side, the support makes all the difference in the morning. I'm starting to make involuntary noises and grunts when I'm turning over in bed or picking something up off the floor .. the kids think it's hilarious are are slagging me so much about it :D

I can't pick anything up! If it drops, it stays there! :-)

Lol, I asked in the gym today if I could have a SNA to help lift the weights for me....

They said no ..
    :D

hi Lady’s,
    It’s been a while since i checked in.
    We are doing fine.
    Little one is growing well.
    Usually she is 4 daus back of my due date on the scans but now she looks exactly as big as she should be in this stage.
    Had lots off pelvis pain last week. To the point that i barely could walk.
    Midwife have referred me to physio.. So I’m waiting for app on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jasmine_16

hi Lady’s,
    It’s been a while since i checked in.
    We are doing fine.
    Little one is growing well.
    Usually she is 4 daus back of my due date on the scans but now she looks exactly as big as she should be in this stage.
    Had lots off pelvis pain last week. To the point that i barely could walk.
    Midwife have referred me to physio.. So I’m waiting for app on that.

Sounds like SPD? I had that terribly with my other babies. With this one I've only had it mostly in my first and second trimester weirdly enough. It seems to have faded out a bit (I'm 32wks now).

My other children are a bit older now, I was never referred to a physiotherapist for it. I was given a maternity belt and crutches and sent on my way.

The bath might be your new best friend, I had plenty of them as it gave me some relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Statesbound

Hi ladies. I am 30 weeks pregnant. Due in may. I see a lot of you have had/has pelvic pain, I started getting it last night and it is still there now. I was at an aqua natal class last night and thought it might be from that. Just wondering when/if I should worry? The pain is like stings across the lower tummy and then bad period pain on both sides of pelvis. Is this the type of pain you girls describe as pelvic pain? I had a cesarean with my first so I am guess the stretching scar tissue might be causing some pain too!

Advertisement