Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 crimmyj

Hi Statesbound, I am also 30 weeks pregnant and about one month ago started suffering terribly from pelvic and lower back pain. It was bad that I could barely walk. I rang the physio department in my hospital (the Coombe). They asked me to have a referral faxed through from my Doctor - I just rang the doctor and this was done free of charge. The physio dept rang me back within the hour and gave me an appt for the back pain clinic in the hospital - a 2 hour class - one week later. The class was brilliant and it was reassuring to meet other cripples! I was limping at that stage and got a referral to a one on one physio in the Coombe. I spent 30 mins with her a week later and she diagnosed me as having a strained piriformis muscle which was compressing my sciatic nerve. She worked on it and I have been perfect ever since - I feel like I could run miles!

Long story short - call the hospital and see if you can get a physio appointment. If its not possible / soon enough, see a private physio - ideally someone with maternity physio experience. You don't need to suffer as you are! At the same time try not to worry too much as pelvic pain is very normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Comfy maternity Jammies.. that's all I have to say on a Saturday night.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Hey all , 33 weeks on sunday.
    Bit of family stress as mother in law having major issues with her eyes and in hospital for next 1.5 week minimum...

Having awful exhaustion, headaches and pressure down low already. Baby was measuring at 3lb 8oz at 30 weeks and is head down with back out.

Getting backache in upper back and getting urgent need to pee nearly nght - with glamorous side effects of me soaking 3 pjs a night regardless of me peeing. Have started going through3-4 green maternity pads a night....must be a 3rd baby thing. I really dont think humans can pee this often.

Worn out from sick kids, lack of sleep and just being pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Hey all , 33 weeks on sunday.
    Bit of family stress as mother in law having major issues with her eyes and in hospital for next 1.5 week minimum...

Having awful exhaustion, headaches and pressure down low already. Baby was measuring at 3lb 8oz at 30 weeks and is head down with back out.

Getting backache in upper back and getting urgent need to pee nearly nght - with glamorous side effects of me soaking 3 pjs a night regardless of me peeing. Have started going through3-4 green maternity pads a night....must be a 3rd baby thing. I really dont think humans can pee this often.

Worn out from sick kids, lack of sleep and just being pregnant.

You poor thing... I was only wondering how on earth people who already have kids do this!!
    I am 35 weeks, peeing solidly every hour during the night, sleeping at 90degrees upright (IF I sleep) and my back is constantly sore. Have to finish up work 3 weeks earlier than intended next week and am so relieved about that because between insomnia, constant peeing and back pain it wasn't exactly working out well!
    I can't wait for the baby to come and everything but I have zero desire to do this again!
    If he is late I will cry!

The only thing keeping me sane is the gym. Managing 3 times a week but it makes a massive difference to my back and hip pain ( previous car accident and last birth injuries mean I have to go, rather than wanting to go) do your kegels, tena lady pants? :D
    My little guy was breech at the last few scans, I think he might have turned but it wouldn't surprise me if he stays that way. My last 2 babies were face up, nose to the sky which makes Labour a bit harder.
    My youngest daughter was waking up to 4 times a night with an eczema break down, then she got a tummy bug that lasted a week. No rest with school runs and a 2 year old. LOL, at least I'm getting in practice for sleepless nights :D
    On a lighter note, I picked up my mamas and papas buggy/pram/car seat that I got on done deal. It's perfect! I also got a kiddie Phoenix car seat for E99 instead of E269. I have all the ingredients for my hospital bag.
    On the face of it I'm ready, but starting to panic a bit.. number 6 ... Wtf was I thinking :o:D:o lol

• Advertisement

cbyrd wrote: »
    The only thing keeping me sane is the gym. Managing 3 times a week but it makes a massive difference to my back and hip pain ( previous car accident and last birth injuries mean I have to go, rather than wanting to go) do your kegels, tena lady pants? :D
    My little guy was breech at the last few scans, I think he might have turned but it wouldn't surprise me if he stays that way. My last 2 babies were face up, nose to the sky which makes Labour a bit harder.
    My youngest daughter was waking up to 4 times a night with an eczema break down, then she got a tummy bug that lasted a week. No rest with school runs and a 2 year old. LOL, at least I'm getting in practice for sleepless nights :D
    On a lighter note, I picked up my mamas and papas buggy/pram/car seat that I got on done deal. It's perfect! I also got a kiddie Phoenix car seat for E99 instead of E269. I have all the ingredients for my hospital bag.
    On the face of it I'm ready, but starting to panic a bit.. number 6 ... Wtf was I thinking :o:D:o lol
    Six????

Lol beginning to feel same about #3 tbh. I had my bags packed but mil needed my case for her hospital stay so it all got unpacked.
    Still have a buggy and sterliser to get...but that should be it...

I just want it over with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

we are a fun bunch hahaha
    almost 37 weeks - finishing up work today....work dont know that yet oops - getting signed off by doctor this afternoon. SPD really kicking in and baby is like an MMA fighter in there :D

LouD2016 wrote:
    we are a fun bunch hahaha almost 37 weeks - finishing up work today....work dont know that yet oops - getting signed off by doctor this afternoon. SPD really kicking in and baby is like an MMA fighter in there

Lol, enjoy your holiday :D
    I'm just waiting for the gym class to start, I'm 33+4 but if I don't go, my hips and pelvis get really sore.. so here I am, swapping one kind of pain for another :D
    Epsom baths are really good for aches and pains.
    I'm having really really weird dreams lately

LouD2016 wrote: »
    we are a fun bunch hahaha
    almost 37 weeks - finishing up work today....work dont know that yet oops - getting signed off by doctor this afternoon. SPD really kicking in and baby is like an MMA fighter in there :D

Finished today too... such relief... had to sit in a meeting before I left and was squirming around between back pain and baby thumping me.
    Also had scan this a.m. and he is heading for 8lbs, head down and ready to go (in a few weeks I hope).
    Can't believe am off work for 9 months now.
    Oh and daytime TV is AWFUL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Statesbound

Have been getting a few pregnancy massages for back pain but I went somewhere new yesterday and they refused to massage me! Anyone else experienced this? She said at 34 weeks there are parts of the back that can trigger labour and she couldn't do it. Had pregnancy massages weekly towards the end with my first baby and never heard of this. Settled for a facial and neck massage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Jasmine_16

Have been getting a few pregnancy massages for back pain but I went somewhere new yesterday and they refused to massage me! Anyone else experienced this? She said at 34 weeks there are parts of the back that can trigger labour and she couldn't do it. Had pregnancy massages weekly towards the end with my first baby and never heard of this. Settled for a facial and neck massage!

I haven't encountered the problem, but I can kinda understand why. Not once have I gone for a pregnancy massage and this is my third, I'd say it's divine!

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    Oh and daytime TV is AWFUL.

Don't worry, you won't get to see as much of it as you think... Not when things need washing and sterilising or a chance for some precious sleep!

I've been scheduled for section on May 3rd, so just 18 days left to meet our little lady. OH is very excited and is seriously Daddy-nesting at the moment. I'm being told off all the time for doing things 'I shouldn't be doing' and rarely allowed out in the car on my own. A few strong Braxton Hicks and Daddy has pretty much banned me! :(

I hope all you ladies are keeping well and have bags packed. You never know if someone could check out early! :D

Happy Easter everyone, I made it to Donegal for Easter, we told his mam on Friday :O lol. She's an awful worrier and would have our heads wrecked if we told her sooner.
    She's already worrying.
    I'm 34+2 today. Not sleeping great for the last few nights. I don't know if it's habit from waking up with the 2 year old, but normally if I've been up with her during the night I'll sleep in in the morning (weekend only) now I'm awake before 7 and there's no going back to sleep. Even my poor daytime nap is suffering, it's like I'm too tired to sleep. I've never ever had sleep problems.

I got a packet of new born nappies on Thursday, omg they''re tiny :) compared to the size 6 ....
    I won an Easter egg at the gym on Friday, I was chuffed .. I'm 7kg lighter than my booking appointment weight so I think I'll indulge guilt free today.

How's everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

ah i feel like I’m so slow :D
    im 35+2 today.
    I have bought everything for baby but haven’t packed yet.
    Was planning to do last week, but my 5year old went down with chicken pox.
    So had fun with that .
    Tomorrow is my last day at work then 2 weeks of holidays and from the 8th of May officially on maternity leave.
    Has any of you have heard back from Social welfare regarding the maternity leave?
    I send them the forms like month ago.
    Got text saying they received the claim, but haven’t heard anything since. (there shouldn’t be any problem anyway as I have worked full time for past 3,5 years.)
    Will do all the baby clothe washing and get the hospital bag ready this week.
    And then we just need to wait for the big day to arrive.

Well, that'll teach me for not packing my bag! I had very little movement last night and none this morning, even after the gym, he usually goes bonkers after it,
    I went to the gp and he found his heartbeat,( nicest sound in the world) but sent me to the hospital for assessing because he wasn't moving.
    I was monitored and they held the scan for 25 minutes with no movement, the consultant decided he needed to come out.
    My little boy was born by section at 14:10. 4lbs 8ozs. He has downs, but he's perfect. He's gorgeous.
    So pack your bags !!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lucky2017

I heard back from maternity benefit section in social welfare (by letter, no text) but only to say that they needed my employer to fill out part of the form before deciding on my claim - I'm 99% self-employed but have a (very) part time contract of employment also...they are impossible to get on the phone! Hopefully the claim will go through on time - I hear that they prioritise based on due date?
    ah i feel like I’m so slow :D
    im 35+2 today.
    I have bought everything for baby but haven’t packed yet.
    Was planning to do last week, but my 5year old went down with chicken pox.
    So had fun with that .
    Tomorrow is my last day at work then 2 weeks of holidays and from the 8th of May officially on maternity leave.
    Has any of you have heard back from Social welfare regarding the maternity leave?
    I send them the forms like month ago.
    Got text saying they received the claim, but haven’t heard anything since. (there shouldn’t be any problem anyway as I have worked full time for past 3,5 years.)
    Will do all the baby clothe washing and get the hospital bag ready this week.
    And then we just need to wait for the big day to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Well, that'll teach me for not packing my bag! I had very little movement last night and none this morning, even after the gym, he usually goes bonkers after it,
    I went to the gp and he found his heartbeat,( nicest sound in the world) but sent me to the hospital for assessing because he wasn't moving.
    I was monitored and they held the scan for 25 minutes with no movement, the consultant decided he needed to come out.
    My little boy was born by section at 14:10. 4lbs 8ozs. He has downs, but he's perfect. He's gorgeous.
    So pack your bags !!

Oh my! What a shock having him so early. So glad everything is ok and thank god you got checked. Congratulations on your wee boy.

So pack your bags !!

Congrats!

Am 34 +2 today ..had a growth scan..
    Estimated baby weight is 5lbs 7oz ..
    Scary as my other 2 were under 7lbs full term.
    Baby could be nearly 9 lbs if full term

Have clinic next week.....am ready for baby to be here already. Sore eveywhere & just fed up.

Buggy ordered - last thing to get..got present of baby stuff from a friend today ..they are blue vests but will be handy for our little princess.

I am so tired from coping with life...and our kids are wrecking me, on top of family illness both on my side and oh.

Living on panadol max for my back, could sleep for Ireland & need to nest is major despite being wrecked.

I am worn out from pregnancy.

So pack your bags !!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. At antenatal class last weekend we were reminded of the importance of monitoring movements - this just reinforces that! Enjoy this special time

Am 34 +2 today ..had a growth scan..
    Estimated baby weight is 5lbs 7oz ..
    Scary as my other 2 were under 7lbs full term.
    Baby could be nearly 9 lbs if full term

Have clinic next week.....am ready for baby to be here already. Sore eveywhere & just fed up.

Buggy ordered - last thing to get..got present of baby stuff from a friend today ..they are blue vests but will be handy for our little princess.

I am so tired from coping with life...and our kids are wrecking me, on top of family illness both on my side and oh.

Living on panadol max for my back, could sleep for Ireland & need to nest is major despite being wrecked.

I am worn out from pregnancy.

That's a fine size! I'm 36 weeks today and had check up this morning - I asked doc would she estimate baby's weight but she said no as baby's tummy measurement was normal and there was therefore no need to estimate weight..

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. I have also struggled big time with back pain but I've been able to get plenty of rest as no other kids to mind! Hope you can take some time out to yourself - I find yoga poses and hot water bottles help, as well as plenty of bed rest if you can get it at all!

• Advertisement

lucky2017 wrote: »
    That's a fine size! I'm 36 weeks today and had check up this morning - I asked doc would she estimate baby's weight but she said no as baby's tummy measurement was normal and there was therefore no need to estimate weight..

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. I have also struggled big time with back pain but I've been able to get plenty of rest as no other kids to mind! Hope you can take some time out to yourself - I find yoga poses and hot water bottles help, as well as plenty of bed rest if you can get it at all!

No chance for rest. Mother in law in hospital so kinda single parenting past 2 weeks.
    My asd son has constant appointments so no break.

Have major headaches on top of backache -panadol is taking edge off but leaving a throbbing. Bp is not high but can vary between normal and low.... just wrecked.
    Bump feels huge- despite being described as neat so just want it to be 37 weeks
    Have an annoying stitch like pain in right ribs past while

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

So pack your bags !!

congrats on the baby.
    Hope you bouth doing well.

Congrats on safe arrival of baby Cbyrd!
    Notsomindful - please look after yourself, it sounds like you have so much on your plate, emotional and physical, you poor thing.

My mat benefit approval came back within a week via post and should be paid from 1 May so have no idea if they are behind or now but am more worried about work paying me as usual next week. Also have Illness Benefit claims sent now too, no idea how long that will take to process.
    Back pain is awful but end is in sight, 37+2 now. Hurrah.

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    Congrats on safe arrival of baby Cbyrd!
    Notsomindful - please look after yourself, it sounds like you have so much on your plate, emotional and physical, you poor thing.

My mat benefit approval came back within a week via post and should be paid from 1 May so have no idea if they are behind or now but am more worried about work paying me as usual next week. Also have Illness Benefit claims sent now too, no idea how long that will take to process.
    Back pain is awful but end is in sight, 37+2 now. Hurrah.

Thanks...am 34 +4 tomorrow ..so ready for this baby... its not so helpful either when people say "oh you are huge now"

Great that you got mat benefit sorted... those forms are a dose.

Having an early night ..have a nurse calling in morning to house so we need to be somewhat respectable by 10.

Have a feeling this little miss is doing what her brother did to me...sloooow labour.

Have 2-3 hrs of painful tightenings every night along with random dampness. No physical signs of waters gone etc....Pain doesn't subside with movement, change of position etc..... So i know its not BH.

Added to this , have regular tightenings and pains that make me breathless twice an hour....

Have to come back to be rehecked if pains are more frequent.

35 weeks tomorrow....😑 been advised by midwife to slow down.... I wish that was possible.

So.ready to be done with being pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MonsieK

Hello Ladies,
    Congrats on reaching this far and to those who had their babies already. I'm 38 weeks today. My first was born at 35 weeks so didn't think I'd reach this far but I'm delighted I have. I've been following the thread without contributing so hope you dont mind me posting.
    I've got an email from social welfare saying that there's a backlog with processing the maternity benefit payments and at the moment they are processing those that were due to start on 3rd of April so ours will be delayed but they will back pay.
    Best of luck to everyone!

False labor driving me mad-

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jasmine_16

Belated congratulations cbyrd! Hope all is going well for you :)

I've catching up to do here.. welcome Monsiek :)
    False labor driving me mad-

I'm in the same boat. I'm due for section on the 3rd, it will be a miracle to keep her in till then if you ask me. Strong contractions over the last few days, she feels so low I'm afraid to look down... I'm feeling anxious my water is going to go all the time. Nobody has been checking me down below because I'm scheduled section. GP appointment tomorrow, I'll get her to look over me ðŸ˜

How is everyone else? We are all so close now!

Jasmine_16 wrote: »
    Belated congratulations cbyrd! Hope all is going well for you :)

I've catching up to do here.. welcome Monsiek :)

I'm in the same boat. I'm due for section on the 3rd, it will be a miracle to keep her in till then if you ask me. Strong contractions over the last few days, she feels so low I'm afraid to look down... I'm feeling anxious my water is going to go all the time. Nobody has been checking me down below because I'm scheduled section. GP appointment tomorrow, I'll get her to look over me ðŸ˜

How is everyone else? We are all so close now!

Wish I was even scheduled for induction.... Not until 39 weeks to see if I am favourable. Am high risk and finding it hard to even get induction date. Due date is 28th of may....so long way away

• Advertisement

Got 235 into my account today - Maternity Leave starts on Monday 1st so presuming it's my maternity benefit. No sign of illness benefit for past few weeks though! Weird as news had reported long delays in maternity benefit.

Advertisement