Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2017

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    Got 235 into my account today - Maternity Leave starts on Monday 1st so presuming it's my maternity benefit. No sign of illness benefit for past few weeks though! Weird as news had reported long delays in maternity benefit.

Due to get mine today so will be interesting to see if anything went in. I get maternity through work and they said that until social welfare do their bit i'll be double taxed on it? Hopefully gets sorted soon. Bad enough waiting for baby to come without worrying about mortgage being paid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

LouD2016 wrote: »
    I get maternity through work and they said that until social welfare do their bit i'll be double taxed on it?

Whaaaaat?
    I'm HSE... they apparently pay me as usual less the SW benefit...I was hoping it would be as simple as that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Got 235 into my account today - Maternity Leave starts on Monday 1st so presuming it's my maternity benefit. No sign of illness benefit for past few weeks though! Weird as news had reported long delays in maternity benefit.

Woohoo.
    I had heard about big delays too. My last day of work today and have heard nothing. Did you get a confirmation letter?

Yeah got the letter approving the payment very quickly ... probably 2 months ago now. I'm just hoping I come out with the same basic pay each month now. At least work top it up I guess!

Whaaaaat?
    I'm HSE... they apparently pay me as usual less the SW benefit...I was hoping it would be as simple as that :confused:

Yea i thought that was weird too...im in the civil service. Checked my wages and they are as normal so i dunno! HR havent a clue most of the time haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Yea i thought that was weird too...im in the civil service. Checked my wages and they are as normal so i dunno! HR havent a clue most of the time haha

Sorry girls to butt in, I just dipped in from the June thread while I pretend to be busy at work, but really am skiving!
    The last mat leave I had, I had no issues with tax, so fingers crossed it'll be the same this time. I'm hse too, the first couple of weeks I got maternity benefit I got my normal wages, it's because of the two weeks in hand I worked when I started. Then the last couple of weeks of mat leave, it balanced out because I got less, if ye get me!
    Also, you should find your wages will be up slightly for the 6 mo, because your maternity benefit isn't counted for USC/prsi

jlm29 wrote: »
    Sorry girls to butt in, I just dipped in from the June thread while I pretend to be busy at work, but really am skiving!
    The last mat leave I had, I had no issues with tax, so fingers crossed it'll be the same this time. I'm hse too, the first couple of weeks I got maternity benefit I got my normal wages, it's because of the two weeks in hand I worked when I started. Then the last couple of weeks of mat leave, it balanced out because I got less, if ye get me!
    Also, you should find your wages will be up slightly for the 6 mo, because your maternity benefit isn't counted for USC/prsi

Oh thanks, good to know, so at the end of October I need to budget really for an extra two weeks then as well as the unpaid leave.
    I'm sure 6 months of changing nappies and sleepless nights will do wonders for our budget anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Oh thanks, good to know, so at the end of October I need to budget really for an extra two weeks then as well as the unpaid leave.
    I'm sure 6 months of changing nappies and sleepless nights will do wonders for our budget anyway!

There should be two weeks now where you get the mat benefit on top of your wages, and then two weeks at the end where you get the wages minus the mat benefit. I suppose the right thing to do is put away the extra, but I'm never very good at that!!! If it's your first, then yes, you will notice you won't spend as much money as before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 5ive

Can i ask when your claim was submitted and when you got acknowledgement text?
    My mat leave starts the 1st too but work faffed around for 4 weeks after I gave it to them so it was 10 April when I got acknowledgement text from the department.

5ive wrote: »
    Can i ask when your claim was submitted and when you got acknowledgement text?
    My mat leave starts the 1st too but work faffed around for 4 weeks after I gave it to them so it was 10 April when I got acknowledgement text from the department.

Hey, so I submitted the claim about 13 weeks ago, never got a text, got a letter confirming I was approved maybe a week later and that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 5ive

Hey, so I submitted the claim about 13 weeks ago, never got a text, got a letter confirming I was approved maybe a week later and that was it.

Cheers-yikes better phone them Tuesday!

Hope everyone is well. Due this Sunday (yikes!). Been getting cramps on and off since the weekend but no 'show' as yet. I have a scan tomor....will the doctors say anything about induction yet or offer a sweep?
    Also what are your thoughts on sweeps? Im getting conflicting stories from friends!
    I think id be open to getting it done...really dont want to go overdue!

So I am 39 weeks, had pelvic exam at visit today, he said cervix closed so back in this day next week (40 weeks) for sweep +/- 'plan'. I am keen not to go weeks over due date but not necessarily keen for induction/section either. Exam was pretty uncomfortable but not sore. Wouldn't return for one in hurry though! I have been having increasingly painful Braxton Hicks, no show however.
    I have done a bit of reading on the whole thing and it all boils down to - baby will come when it wants! Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Popping in to give you an update on Elliot, he's been in crumlin since Thursday night, for scans and tests. All the results are good. So heading back to Mayo General tonight, thank God, I miss my other kids so much! (Til 10 minutes after I'm home!)
    He has a small hole in his heart which may or may not require surgery down the line but mostly now it's to get him bigger and stronger to get him home. His main problems are all prematurity related, so straightforward enough to overcome. The hole shouldn't have any great affect on his overall health.

He's such a cute baby. Tiny but well formed :) he was 1.995kgs born and is now 2.04. 2 weeks old today.
    Thinking of you all as your due dates approach and hope everything goes well for you.
    I'm so surprised at how quickly I'm getting over the section. Going to the gp on Friday to hopefully get cleared to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MonsieK

Looks like the first May baby has arrived :)
    Baby Dean was born on Monday morning. I was due this Saturday so I'm delighted. Woke up Sunday night and the waters just went. I had no show or other signs days before. Maybe he went a bit quieter the day or two before and i was very tired.
    Hope all goes well for ye and ye won't go over your due dates. My first was born at 35 weeks so this pregnancy felt like it went for ever.

I'm glad to hear your baby is doing so well cbyrd.

Congrats MonsieK! That sounds encouraging because I am getting zero signs and am very impatient!
    Congrats cbyrd - glad baby is doing well and the cardiac problems sound very treatable. Hopefully happy and healthy toddler years ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Congrats Monsiek on your new arrival..

That is great news cbyrd.m

I am 37 weeks and after few weeks of false labour....it has stopped being a major pain ... so sick of pregnancy right now- walking and functioning is torture.
    Trying to manage kids impossible. Have major nesting urge yet am shattered.

Am still on innohep inhections so worried about another quick labour.....had 1.5 hrs on my first son and only an hour ony second.. went from 5cm to 10 cm really quickly on last son.

Worried about

A) increased risk.of bleeding due to.taking inohep

B) having baby at home as am 10-15 mins from hospital in non rush hour so.if anything happens during day- added to this we dont drive so.if anything progresses quickly wont be able to get to hospital- also terrified of being on my own with my boys and having baby with no time for anyone to get to me. Partner works about 1hr away.

C)not having option of epidural if i go into spontaneous labor due to taking innohep.

Have been told by consultant IF i am favourable at 39 weeks they will.schedule an induction... didnt make it to 39 on number 2.

Have requested a more controlled labour but feel not being heard - they would rather me.go.naturally despite my history.

Just want it over with.
    Talked to my oh- his bottom line is once baby is delivered safe ..i agree but its hard to not have concerns acknowledged.

Congrats MonsieK!!! Im on day 1 of being overdue...back to hospital on Wedns for second attempt of sweep. Getting some acupuncture at the min too....trying everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

38+1 weeks today.
    Waiting for the beauty to arrive.
    Daddy was speaking to belly today and said not to come before Saturday.
    He want to go to game on Friday.. :D
    I have started my maternity leave today but still haven't got the letter stating i will have it. Only text message when they received the form.
    I called them couple of weeks ago. First time the man said that it had been awarded day before and i should get letter latest by Monday. Monday came and went no letter. called them the following Friday asking why i haven't got the letter. the women on the phone was so rude. could not believe it. she just said well i dont know where the man was looking before but we only deal with April claims at the moment. She kinda gave me impression that how dare i all them. I work in all center aswell if i would dare to speak to callers in this manner i probably would be fired very quick.
    Anyways.... finally all is set for the baby. have lots of BH. sometimes she gets really quiet and im thinking yeyyy she is coming at least that how it was with my first girl. She wasn't moving much went to hospital they checked all ok. Do that time asked went i have my next app and i said in 3 days he said i dont think you will last that long. As there was contractions on womb already.
    The next morning i went in labor.
    hopefully it wont be long anymore as im not sure ow long i an take the back pains...

You won't feel it now until you're holding your little ones.
    The two days before my waters broke he went very quiet. He was still moving but it felt different. And i felt super tired. Maybe you'll feel similar. It's awful not to know - hang in there!

As for maternity pay - i still haven't got mine. As menioned in one of my previous posts they are about a month behind. I tried calling them once and was waiting for 20 minutes before i hung. Eventually they replied by email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi ladies. Just onto maternity depth there as I was due to start payment last week. Lovely lady said that they are currently processing April 12th so like a 3 week delay. She checked that my application was in and apologised for delay. She said I would get a lump sum once it was through.

Booked in for an induction next tuesday...hopefully i will go myself before then. Was a bit annoyed after my appointment today. Was telling the nurse id been getting some pains and she jst told me not to be talking as she was going to take my blood pressure. Then told me there was blood in urine sample but wouldnt explain this to me. The doctor didnt even check me or offer a sweep (they werent able to do it last week)...jst said induction next week. She could have checked me 1st to see if anything had changed.
    Sorry for the rant...jst frustrated now

Booked in for an induction next tuesday...hopefully i will go myself before then. Was a bit annoyed after my appointment today. Was telling the nurse id been getting some pains and she jst told me not to be talking as she was going to take my blood pressure. Then told me there was blood in urine sample but wouldnt explain this to me. The doctor didnt even check me or offer a sweep (they werent able to do it last week)...jst said induction next week. She could have checked me 1st to see if anything had changed.
    Sorry for the rant...jst frustrated now

That doesn't sound nice. At least they should have explained the presence of blood.
    Don't worry you might go yourself before then. And even if you need to be induced it'll be fine. My waters broke but i had to be induced (by the drip) as the baby pooped and contractions were very slow to come. It took 3 hours from the moment they put me on the drip to giving birth. And no epidural :) so the positive thing is - once you're there it will go quick and you'll get to hold your baby soon!

MonsieK wrote: »
    That doesn't sound nice. At least they should have explained the presence of blood.
    Don't worry you might go yourself before then. And even if you need to be induced it'll be fine. My waters broke but i had to be induced (by the drip) as the baby pooped and contractions were very slow to come. It took 3 hours from the moment they put me on the drip to giving birth. And no epidural :) so the positive thing is - once you're there it will go quick and you'll get to hold lyour baby soon!

Thanks :) i only know one person that was induced and her labour went on for hours! Jst grumpy and bored now...everyone's "well meaning" texts are starting to grate haha

I went from 3cm at 8am to baby being born at 9.03 :) It can happen quickly too.
    But i know how you feel. I wanted to punch every person that asked 'anything stirring yet?' ;) You are nearly there. You have a week or two left at the very latest. I'm looking forward to reading the good news! :)

Had a 'show' early this morning and bit of the plug came out too....got such a fright but delighted things are finally starting to happen. For those of you that already have kids how long after did contractions start? Getting mild back pain like period pains...the hubby is gone to work so just hoping things hang on until tonight :D

So my waters broke Saturday morning (39+5)...no show or contractions. In hospital Saturday and Sunday but labour never started! Cervix didnt respond to gels. Given epidural and put on oxytocin drip but fetal HR went funny so they dod emergency section. (Was actually very calm and everyone reassuring ). Baby was fine and had immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding etc. In for 5 days recovery and day 1 tough, day 2 a bit dehabilitated etc but really not so bad now and pain relief and physio etc really good. Breastfeeding fine and all in all while not the expected experience I was more than lucky. Baby boy 7lb 13.5oz happy out with life and everyone is in love with him.
    If anyone is going private in Rotunda can I say the staff and treatment is top notch. The midwives who looked after me all weekend waiting for labour and the delivery suite staff were fantastic too.

@LouD2016 - great to hear things are progressing. Th at happened on my first one byt the waters went too. I went into labour 12 hours later. It won't be lonv now. Best of luck.

Congrats mrsmags! Great news. And good to hear you've got such positive experience. Hope you recover quickly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

LouD2016 wrote:
    Had a 'show' early this morning and bit of the plug came out too....got such a fright but delighted things are finally starting to happen. For those of you that already have kids how long after did contractions start? Getting mild back pain like period pains...the hubby is gone to work so just hoping things hang on until tonight

It can vary from 24 hours to a week! Lol, not much help but the pains you're having in your back sound promising! Hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you! :)

Congratulations mrsmags! delighted everything went well, my section was emergency as well which always conjours panic in the mind, but , like yours was very relaxed and calm.
    Feet up now and enjoy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Hi All,

Baby Nathan arrived Wednesday noon via a planned c-section. All going well, a little on the light side :)

We're trying to feed mostly breast with bottle as back-up. We're both finding trying to keep him interested and latched quite difficult and the resistance to use the bottle more is always there.

He's sleeping well. Tonight is the first night at home, he spent the last 3 in the hospital nursery. I'm quite nervous. Might pull an all-nighter :D

Btw do people here wake baby for 3am, 4am feeds if he doesn't wake himself. My wife thinks that we should let him lie as he will wake when hungry. The nurses at hospital were waking him at 3am.

Advertisement