Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bikes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Love it.

i would love to ride it for one race.

i would hate to either pay for it, or have to look after it.

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Who else thought "battery" when they saw that storage compartment??

no-one, the battery in most of our bikes is much smaller than that door....

Freddy van lierde was supposedly photographed riding a new Cervelo beam bike in Kona this week. replacement for the p5.

supposedly as the cervelo beam bike has been rumoured a while now and has often been hoaxed with photoshopped images

lot of discussion that the image of FVL is a photoshop job, but if it isn't, it's a very different beam bike than the others available.

i'd like if Cervelo brought out a beam bike. it would mean i wouldn't be wanting one any more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mossym wrote: »
    Freddy van lierde was supposedly photographed riding a new Cervelo beam bike in Kona this week. replacement for the p5.

supposedly as the cervelo beam bike has been rumoured a while now and has often been hoaxed with photoshopped images

lot of discussion that the image of FVL is a photoshop job, but if it isn't, it's a very different beam bike than the others available.

i'd like if Cervelo brought out a beam bike. it would mean i wouldn't be wanting one any more. :)

Any links? Beam bikes are fugly

Cervelo%20Beam.jpeg

• Advertisement

to me it looks like a definite photoshop, i'm pretty sure that back wheel looks smaller than the front.

also, in case you didn't spot it...disc brakes

@ec1000 i think that's a fair statement. honestly i think they are reaching a difficult point in terms of further aerodynamic changes to traditional designs may offer improvements, but not of the level that will appeal to the masses. hence why we've seen the focus on nutrition/fluid integration, and also the changes in shape of the last few bikes posted here.

read on another forum that the next tangent of development would be on making the top end bikes cheaper, and i'd tend to agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

ha, very good peter. if they did a yellow version of the diamond back now we would be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

For those that haven't seen it yet.

€12k bring touted as price.
    Likely includes disc wheels and di2 you'd hope for that!

Presumably disc wheels will become accepted at all IM events soon.
    25zgqzd_zpsuzfg8ks2.jpg

Typically like Cervelos. But that is awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Typically like Cervelos. But that is awful

I quite like it. But I like the look of Dimonds too. If I'm ever in a position to spend that kind of money on a bike I want it to look *ridiculous*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Soon enough tri bikes will have the aero profile of a sheet of plywood in a cross wind the way they're going.

Putting a rear disc on that cervelo or the diamondback must lead to squeaky bum time in a cross wind.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Soon enough tri bikes will have the aero profile of a sheet of plywood in a cross wind the way they're going.

Putting a rear disc on that cervelo or the diamondback must lead to squeaky bum time in a cross wind.

I've never experienced an issue in a cross wind due to a rear wheel. Front wheel, yes. Rear - never.

RJM85 wrote: »
    I've never experienced an issue in a cross wind due to a rear wheel. Front wheel, yes. Rear - never.

I'm more interested in how that extended fairing on the down tube would feel.

It's not to bad on that cervelo but on the diamondback it's wrapped around the front wheel also

Put a disc on you've got yourself a decent sail :)

Andean_profile.jpg?itok=gtyh5w4e

I'm more interested in how that extended fairing on the down tube would feel.

It's not to bad on that cervelo but on the diamondback it's wrapped around the front wheel also

The diamondback looks a bit "wind tunnel" tbh. Like the POC Tempor

The diamondback looks a bit "wind tunnel" tbh. Like the POC Tempor

No production models?

It'll be interesting to see the new bling at Kona.

I wonder will anyone run disc brakes or are they expressly prohibited at Kona I now Spain/France IM events have banned them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Some pics of the new BMC here and the new Cube here.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

pgibbo wrote: »
    Some pics of the new BMC here and the new Cube here.

P.

Wow, new bikes with seat tubes. Revolutionary.

Fazz wrote: »
    For those that haven't seen it yet.

€12k bring touted as price.
    Likely includes disc wheels and di2 you'd hope for that!

Presumably disc wheels will become accepted at all IM events soon.
    25zgqzd_zpsuzfg8ks2.jpg

UCI legal, right?

Not a fan of beam bikes... at all

I quite like it. But I like the look of Dimonds too. If I'm ever in a position to spend that kind of money on a bike I want it to look *ridiculous*

not a big fan of the dimonds either, but then i love the look of the ventus, but that's not really a beam bike in the sense the other two are

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    UCI legal, right?

Not a fan of beam bikes... at all

what does it matter if it is uci legal? any tri bike i buy, or i'd guess most in here, will never see a UCI sanctioned event. even the club tt's i've seen mentioned on here that people are doing will allow these (as most are tri club run anyway), it's only if you go national events i've seen UCI compliance been listed

that's the usual cry from the triathlon bashers over in the cycling forum who feel the need to laugh at every tri bike out there, despite teh fact most of them will never even see a TT or tri bike in the flesh on their 2 hour spins to the coffee shop

irony is that it's teh UCI who has been reducing their rules, they recently changed their ruling on the ratios allowed on frames, could be in a few years we see same bikes in both events.

all that said i still wouldn;t buy one of them :)

what does it matter if it is uci legal? any tri bike i buy, or i'd guess most in here, will never see a UCI sanctioned event. even the club tt's i've seen mentioned on here that people are doing will allow these (as most are tri club run anyway), it's only if you go national events i've seen UCI compliance been listed

that's the usual cry from the triathlon bashers over in the cycling forum who feel the need to laugh at every tri bike out there, despite teh fact most of them will never even see a TT or tri bike in the flesh on their 2 hour spins to the coffee shop

irony is that it's teh UCI who has been reducing their rules, they recently changed their ruling on the ratios allowed on frames, could be in a few years we see same bikes in both events.

all that said i still wouldn;t buy one of them :)

UCI legal remark was just a joke as it is sooo far from UCI legal ;)

sorry, pre coffee..:)

ha...i rest my case.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101241915&postcount=1501
    Eamonnator wrote: »
    Well, at least the U.C.I. got something right.

The fuel box on the downtube/bottle mounts is interesting... wonder if it will fit other frames

I think you hit a nerve :D

I think you hit a nerve :D

pet peeve, nerve, anything you want to call it..no arguement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

This thread is gold
    *Sets Out Of Office to WFH for the day

we've hit peak new bike craziness i think. someone took a picture of frodo's shadow while out for a ride, photoshopped it to make it look like canyon were doing a beam bike.

i couldn't understand why people said they didn't like the kona hype. but i get it now. sooner we get to race start saturday the better. the build up is just insane painful cr&p

• Advertisement

first retailer i've seen with the p5x
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Cervelo/P5X-eTap-Triathlon-Bike-2017/ENFH

9999 gbp. course that includes the wheels you ahve to buy with it. but wow

Advertisement