Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powermonkey extreme

Options
  • 31-08-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I'm heading to Kili next week and have purchased a powermonkey extreme in the hopes of charging my phone and camera whilst there. My phone charges perfectly off it, but I am not sure about the cameras as they dont seem to be charging when plugged in to it. That may be because one was an old panasonic lumix that was dead for some time so may have needed to left plugged in longer. The other was a fully charged canon 1100d so maybe a fully charged one will not show the icon for charging?

I only got it yesterday and fly out at the weekend hence my lack of playing around with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm not 100% sure on this but charging cameras via USB that have removable batteries doesn't usually work in my experience, whether you use a powerbank or a normal mains powered USB charger. Usually you have to take the battery out and use the mains charger supplied.

Only other option I can think of for the Canon is a battery grip that can also take AA batteries and take a load of good quality, Lithium if the camera will take them, AA batteries with you.

Maybe ask over on the Photography forum for some more specific advice for the Canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Thanks for that. I'll just try to preserve the battery over the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Did yours come with an adaptor for charging different electronics? Is it the one with just the usb to charge or does it have the other adaptor at the end you charge from as well?

Ive three (somehow) of them at home one of which is old and two of which are new.

Advertisement