Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV for subbing when you've previously worked there

Options
  • 31-08-2016 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hey, just wondering what most people do when applying for casual subbing in a school you formerly worked in? I don't fancy turning up at lunchtime with a CV and bumping into all the kids, but would it be acceptable to post or email in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

Ring them and talk to them? Make them aware you are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

I would call in maybe just after classes have ended for the day and try and speak to principal or deputy. Fewer kids around and they might have a spare minute to chat to you. So many people come and go in schools; in my experience face to face contact is the best way to "check in" with them and remind them of your availability.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you know who the post holder is that assigns the classes, contact them and let them know you're still about and can be there in x minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

spurious wrote: »
    If you know who the post holder is that assigns the classes, contact them and let them know you're still about and can be there in x minutes.

Post holder for S&S? I doubt that is very common.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mardy Bum wrote: »

We used to share assigning the casual subbing hours among the post holders in our place. It wouldn't be the only post duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

spurious wrote: »
    Mardy Bum wrote: »

We used to share assigning the casual subbing hours among the post holders in our place. It wouldn't be the only post duty.

DP must have had an easy time of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Thanks for all the advice lads. I'm surprised by spurious's comments as well. Most of my subbing cold call letters are addressed to the DP, when I can find their name. It's always been my experience that DP was in charge of S&S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I've subbed in three schools were the subbing was arranged by either the principal or another post holder. Not that unusual.

Advertisement