Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comelit VIP intercom

Options
  • 31-08-2016 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of installing and using Comelits VIP intercom system.

Thanks a mill,
    JD

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They are relatively straightforward
    What do you need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

KoolKid wrote: »
    They are relatively straightforward
    What do you need to know?

Cheers Koolkid , yeah I thought that from reading the install guides. I picked up a new and cheap 6602W recently and I'm looking to get an external unit to work with it. I have powered the 6602W with my POE switch and it seems to be working fine. I'm wondering as most of the VIP kit is POE can I just use my own switch or do i need to buy the Comelit 4 port device. Also who is the best supplier in Dublin to get some parts from.

Cheers
    JD

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it a POE switch?
    Is there a power rating on the outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

I need to double check the power requirements from Comelit on the hardware. The network switch I have is POE and by looking at some of the install docs/videos , the internal units looked to be powered over Ethernet as they get a network IP and can be configured that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

jd6677 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of installing and using Comelits VIP intercom system.

Thanks a mill,
    JD

I have plenty of experience with simplebus/vandalcom series, which are two wire systems and have also used one of their 316 touch unit, and even though its sold as a digital intercom, its not a true IP based one-its hooked up to a 4888C mixer, and requires a 33VDC PSU; even though the monitor is PoE, the door panels (to my knowledge) are not.

If you want/need to use a true IP system give a look at the 2N helios range, excellent gear with lots of decent features inc. a decent phone app, and lots of options like http commands, H264 streaming if you want to have a play about.

tldr: flog the 6602 and get a decent IP entrt panel :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement