Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with last minute to do list! One Month to go

• 31-08-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

As the title mentions.. We are a month away from D Day!! and my list of things to do is still there... obviously all the big bookings etc are done , It's the little here is my list

*get BM gifts
    *Email groomsmen (closer the time)
    *Write down who I want to thank on the day to mention in speech.
    *get headband for flower girl
    *disposable cameras for tables (where would I buy these for a good price?)
    *Get outfit for next day
    *Finalize church music
    *pick first dance
    *finalize mass booklet
    *Make ribbons for cars

What else am i missing??? There are so many little jobs .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I would add

email suppliers to confirm dates and times.
    Make a photo checklist for your photographer - photos you definitely want them to capture, family photos etc.
    Table plan
    chase any people who didn't RSVP
    Are you doing bathroom baskets?
    Do you need any signs for directions?
    Any last minute small purchases - socks for groom etc
    Try on your outfit in full to make sure you have everything you need and are happy with alterations
    Same for groom
    Go through any requests with hotel

You might have done all of these but i'm just remembering all the things we did in the last few weeks.

I'd also really question the need for disposable cameras. Most people have smart phones which take better quality photos than teh disposable one and it is expensive to get the disposables developed. We used the wedpics app to have guests share their photos with us and that was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

ahayes84 wrote: »

I'd also really question the need for disposable cameras. Most people have smart phones which take better quality photos than teh disposable one and it is expensive to get the disposables developed. We used the wedpics app to have guests share their photos with us and that was great.

Definitely rethink this. disposable cameras are awful quality and tbh people are so used to digital now that they still think they can take loads of photos and it doesn't cost anything. Out of a roll of 24 you'll probably get 3 decent (ish) photos. Not worth it for the price when folks will take some great photos with their phones or any cameras they bring on the day.

If you're the sharing type you could always come up with a wedding hashtag for social media- we'll definitely have one for ours, we're both addicted to Instagram so it's a no-brainer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Or you could go down the polaroid route! I'm gona have one at my wedding they are so cute and you can have the snaps there and then stuck into a book :) the quality is better than disposables aswell! you'll get one for less than 100euro and then you can get the photo papers on ebay or amazon for cheaper than shops.. it'd probably end up cheaper than all the disposables between buying them and printing them! I was tempted to get disposables aswell but my brother in law got a polaroid and used it for their wedding and they said we could use it for ours :) set up a wee table with it and people will snap away!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thank you all for the helpful comments. I will rethink the disposable cameras - I like the idea of the wedding app.. Does everyone have to download it to use it? Where would you mention it to people?

Also, Forgot about Grooms present ! What are people giving their OH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Or you could go down the polaroid route! I'm gona have one at my wedding they are so cute and you can have the snaps there and then stuck into a book :) the quality is better than disposables aswell! you'll get one for less than 100euro and then you can get the photo papers on ebay or amazon for cheaper than shops.. it'd probably end up cheaper than all the disposables between buying them and printing them! I was tempted to get disposables aswell but my brother in law got a polaroid and used it for their wedding and they said we could use it for ours :) set up a wee table with it and people will snap away!

Yeah I think this is a really good idea - I was at a wedding this summer who did this and also my friend had the same at her 30th birthday party. In both cases everyone was enjoying looking at the photos straight away, and also they were really flattering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

We used wed pics app. It's free to download. We ended up with 800 extra pictures from it. The app has little cards that you can print and put on the table or a4 size posters that you can print out. We put these on the back of the toliet doors. It also allows you to add people before the wedding by Facebook/text message or what's app

Another friend had a selfie stick on every table with a message asking people to what's app the couple the pictures afterwards.

These might be better solutions to the disposable camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Yeah everyone has to download the app... its nearly like an instagram of just your wedding snaps its cute!

In my dreamland I would like to get him a new quad for the farm lol... but maybe a watch? Mines a year out yet so haven't thought about it yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Tbh I hadn't even thought of a present for herself.

Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was at a wedding recently where one of the bridal party was taking Polaroid photos, it was so nice, I really liked the quality and we got the photo right there as a favour :)

In the end my husband and me didn't get each other a gift, thought our money is best saved for our honeymoon. But had we planned it I probably could have gotten him his cufflinks, and him my jewellery or something useful like that, since we spent that money anyway! We did get each other cards.

The amount of little things you have left depends on how fussy you are really :p I spent the last month making favours, place name holders, table decorations, picking what songs the band weren't allow play and the likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thank you for all the tips!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I bought my OH a pewter beer tankard and got it engraved with his name and our wedding date. He actually bought me a beautiful tifany's cut glass beer mug. And we hadn't let each other know what we were getting each other so it was rather amusing when we opened our presents.

Advertisement