Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my policy document?!?

Options
  • 31-08-2016 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

On the 12.08.16 I purchases boi car insurance. I was told that I would not receive a disc or policy document until certain documents were provided by me. These documents were posted the same day the request was made. I was then told that I would receive my disc and policy document within 5 days of receipt of the documents. This process started 3 weeks ago. I have no idea if I am insured to drive my car and I have spent in total 60 minutes on hold with boi insurance.
    Section 66 of the road traffic act 1961 states;
    Where a vehicle insurer issues an approved policy of insurance, he shall give to the person to whom it is issued the prescribed number of certificates in the prescribed format certifying that it has been issued and stating the prescribed particulars thereof.

This means that I should be issued with a policy document

Statutory instrument 355 of the road traffic act 1984 part 3 states;
    Where a certificate of insurance is issued to a person, the vehicle insurer shall issue person one disc for each vehicle to which the certificate related.

This means that along with policy document I should be issued with a disc.

Statutory instrument 355 of the road traffic act 1984 part 5 states;
    Where a vehicle is used in a public place the insurance disc for the vehicle shall be carried on the vehicle at all times after the expiry of 10 days from the date of authentication of the certificate of insurance.

This means that even if I am insured to drive my car, it is still an offence for me to drive my car without displaying a valid insurance disc.

All of the above also means that if I am stopped by the gardí, my car could be siezed and I could be prosecuted.
    This means that I would not be able to work as I can't get to work without a car. If I can't work, I can't pay a solicitor to defend me in a court.

As I finish composing this message, I have been on hold with boi insurance for 90 minutes. I shouldn't have to say this but this is an unacceptable amount of time for a customer to have to wait for a phone to be answered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Hungry Fish, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here and we're sorry to hear that you have not received your Disc yet. 

Can you drop us a Private message with your name and contact number and we'll be happy to look into this further for you. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

Good Afternoon Hungry Fish, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here and we're sorry to hear that you have not received your Disc yet. 

Can you drop us a Private message with your name and contact number and we'll be happy to look into this further for you. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Hi Elaine,
    I've been on hold since 14.00 today. This is absolutely ridiculous!! Right now I am an incredibly angry and dissatisfied customer. This is a joke!! If you want my details pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi HungryFish,

I've sent you a private message just now. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mcfa

Hi HungryFish,

any luck so far?
    I've purchased my policy on the 10th and still no disc :(
    So frustrated, not to mention the money I've been spending on trying to reach them... 

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

mcfa wrote: »
    Hi HungryFish,

any luck so far?
    So frustrated, not to mention the money I've been spending on trying to reach them... 

I policy document came in the post on Friday but I think that is only because the girl I spoke with offered to reprint my document and post it herself. To be fair she was really nice and helpful. I still haven't received the original. They told me that their post is outsourced so it takes longer. Personally I think that's rubbish but anyways. If I were you I'd make a complaint. If you're stopped by the guards your car could be siezed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi HungryFish,

any luck so far?
    Hi mcfa, thanks for getting in touch and I'm very sorry to hear about this.
    Can you let me know if you've received your disc this morning or if you've spoken to the insurance team yet? 
    Thanks
    Nicola

HungryFish wrote: »
    Hi HungryFish,

any luck so far?

I policy document came in the post on Friday but I think that is only because the girl I spoke with offered to reprint my document and post it herself. To be fair she was really nice and helpful.  I still haven't received the original. They told me that their post is outsourced so it takes longer. Personally I think that's rubbish but anyways. If I were you I'd make a complaint. If you're stopped by the guards your car could be siezed
    Glad to hear you got sorted HungryFish and sorry again for the delay.
    Please get in touch again if you need anything else, thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mcfa

Hi HungryFish,

any luck so far?
    Can you let me know if you've received your disc this morning or if you've spoken to the insurance team yet? 
    Thanks
    Nicola
    No to both. I'm really upset just to think I'll have to spend a further 20€ in order to (try to) talk to a call advisor. This is honestly very poor customer service and I won't be recommending it to anyone :( very disappointing 

Hi HungryFish,

any luck so far?
    Thanks
    Nicola
    No to both. I'm really upset just to think I'll have to spend a further 20€ in order to (try to) talk to a call advisor. This is honestly very poor customer service and I won't be recommending it to anyone :( very disappointing 
    Thanks mcfa, I’m sorry about this. Please can you send me a PM with your full name and phone number and I'll arrange a call to you about this? 
    Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement