Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and fees grant

Options
  • 31-08-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I've applied for BTEA ( it hasn't been approved yet, but I'd shouldn't be a problem) do I need to apply for the fees grant separately or does the BTEA cover that? All I can seem to apply for on the susi website is the maintenance grant which I obviously can't get with BTEA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

BTEA is a social welfare payment and has nothing to do with your fees.

Apply to SUSI. There's only one application, but it covers all SUSI payments that you may be entitled to. If you're getting BTEA, you're correct in that they won't give you a maintenance grant. But they might pay the student contribution charge (or whatever it's called in your institution).

In terms of actual tuition fees, it's the HEA that covers these, and again, only if you qualify. Contact your school or college.

Advertisement