Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone warehouse

Options
  • 31-08-2016 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I bought a zagg screen over for my daughters I phone lasts Christmas in Carphone warehouse in October world Blanchardstown. Upon purchase her phone details were taken and we were told whenever a new screensaver was needed just call in to any Carphone warehouse outlet and it would be replaced. Today I went to the same outlet only to be told the old screensaver has also to be returned for them to be compensated. I WAS NOT informed this upon purchase and found the store attendants attitude dismissive on this issue. Can any Carphone warehouse rep look into this for me please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You could make a complaint to carphone warehouse that you were miss sold, but the time and effort it would take would be better spent contacting Zagg directly.

If you fill out the your details on the site, what device, when you purchased etc they will post out the new one to you, with an envelope for you to return your damaged one to Co.Clare within 30 days. You just pay €3.99 for p&p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Let me get this right.

You expect a retail store to give you a replacement product without giving them back the faulty one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

avud wrote: »
    I bought a zagg screen over for my daughters I phone lasts Christmas in Carphone warehouse in October world Blanchardstown. Upon purchase her phone details were taken and we were told whenever a new screensaver was needed just call in to any Carphone warehouse outlet and it would be replaced. Today I went to the same outlet only to be told the old screensaver has also to be returned for them to be compensated. I WAS NOT informed this upon purchase and found the store attendants attitude dismissive on this issue. Can any Carphone warehouse rep look into this for me please.

That's pretty normal. You bring back the damaged item, they REPLACE IT with an undamaged one. That's what replace means-in place of.
    It's not something that has to be spelled out and if you try to start fighting about it you're going to lose very fast.
    It's a basic rule.

Also I'm not sure where you think the carphone warehouse reps are. Maybe you need to email them?

Advertisement