Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to change level?

Options
  • 31-08-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi guys

I was wondering is it possible to change subject level on the day of the LC exam?
    like for example, me doing ordinary history then on the day switching back to higher level?
    (please don't advise me on switching back, I'm just giving an example to clear things up)

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

I don't believe you can switch up only down i.e. Higher to Ordinary not Ordinary to Higher.

Also for history there are significantly different syllabuses if I remember correctly, same with math and some other subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DeiseMan4

You can drop but I don't know about on the day, I'd say maybe a week before. This is because you would need to notify the school and the SEC. See how you get on in your pres around easter first would be my advice

• Administrators Posts: 13,972 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Yes you can change on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

yes you can change up or down on the day, but obviously you need to be aware of the differences between the HL and OL (and in some cases FL) courses. Particularly if there is a project involved. Some subjects have different projects for HL and OL.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 pnitro4

Right I see, Thanks alot guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement