Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puncture-proof Tyres

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

what function do the pins perform?

They go through the tyre and hold it in place on the rim. There are holes every few cms for a pin. Each end of the pin sits under the "overhang" on the rim.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've found someone selling a pair of Mavic cxp33 622x15c which would suit my needs. They originally and with a 9 speed set of cogs. Would a 7 speed set likely fit and is it difficult to switch them over?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Alek wrote: »
    I have a dental caliper to measure rim wall thickness. All of my wheels had rims walls between 1.5 and 1.7mm when new, afair...
    Apologies for going off topic but what would a worn rim measure at Alek?

(I have 'retired' several sets of wheels that were otherwise working perfectly but have what I think are well worn rims. Problem is I don't really know if I'm being over-cautious.)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭PressTheButton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Apologies for going off topic but what would a worn rim measure at Alek?
    It's something I've picked up from an article by Chris Juden in CTC's Cycle magazine, but I can't find an an online reference, & couldn't in in 2010. [...]

Chris concluded that failure occurred typically with a rim thickness of 0.7mm & advised that it would be unwise to ride with a thickness less than 1.0 mm.

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=72871.0

Also, worth checking 2 posts with pictures at the bottom of page 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement