Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to a night saver meter

Options
  • 31-08-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi, Looking to change my electricity supplier. I have a small kiln that I fire once or twice a week, it would fire for approx 7 hours - mostly at less than half power, it only fires fully for about an hour of that schedule. I could also do laundry and run the dishwasher after midnight. Would it be worth while changing to a night saver meter ? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi makeandcreate,

Thanks for your message.

Details regarding all offerings with Electric Ireland can be found online here. Details regarding the Electric Ireland ValueSaver NightSaver offering for new customers with a Day/Night meter can be found here.

The day rate for this offering would be 0.1526 per unit, excluding VAT. The day rate would run from 9am to midnight throughout the summer, and 8am to 11pm during the winter. The clock changes from summer to winter when the clock goes back an hour in October.

The night rate for the ValueSaver NightSaver offering is 0.0754 per unit, excluding VAT. This rate is set from 11pm to 8am (wintertime), and midnight to 9am (summertime).

For further information on these savings, we would recommend contacting our Sales team directly. They can be called on 1850 305 090, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

We must advise that, should you have a Dual Tariff (or Day/Night) meter installed in your property, and then decide to remove it, there is a charge of €194.09 for the exchange of this meter to a standard meter.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement