Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet edging

Options
  • 31-08-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I recently had my van converted to a crew cab but I find the road noise excessive. I plan to put down some foam backed mass loaded vinyl ( 8mm ) and cover with carpet. My problem is that I cant find any edging with which to secure the new flooring. I don't want to use generic edging that you would find in a carpet shop or Woodies etc. I'd much prefer some plastic edging strips but I can't find the stuff anywhere on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Could you use double sided tape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

dok_golf wrote: »
    Hi all, I recently had my van converted to a crew cab but I find the road noise excessive. I plan to put down some foam backed mass loaded vinyl ( 8mm ) and cover with carpet. My problem is that I cant find any edging with which to secure the new flooring. I don't want to use generic edging that you would find in a carpet shop or Woodies etc. I'd much prefer some plastic edging strips but I can't find the stuff anywhere on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can buy PVC angle in woodies, you'll also find a vast range of PVC trims in various colours for fascia and soffit at PVC suppliers. Plastic get scuffed up pretty quickly why are you opposed to aluminium?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

I'm not opposed to aluminium. I didn't know/think of it to be honest. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement