Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price drop

Options
  • 31-08-2016 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have been looking at a house on daft which we are interested in, the house is going to auction and was advertised at AMV at a certain price on Sunday and having checked today the price has dropped by €4000 any idea why would be?

Also is there any issues with buying at auction, we are first time buyers so a bit clueless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

loriexxx wrote: »
    I have been looking at a house on daft which we are interested in, the house is going to auction and was advertised at AMV at a certain price on Sunday and having checked today the price has dropped by €4000 any idea why would be?

Limited interest.

Also is there any issues with buying at auction, we are first time buyers so a bit clueless

Loads. I would advise against it for FTBs and I suspect you won't be able to anyway. You usually need to be able to put the deposit down on the day and provide full funds within a very short period of time - 14 days is not unheard of. You have committed to buy when the hammer falls - no "subject to survey" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

God love ya! You're braver than I.

Make sure there is no tenancy, you potentially could buy a house with a life estate attached and be waiting 20 years to move in. You need to investigate title and make sure that no one has any claims over the property. That's a pain in the arse even when you by by private treaty. It's very easy to buy and then find that your drive is actually owned by next door or the extension needs to be knocked down as the party wall is 6" on the wrong side of a boundary.

If you're going to buy at auction make sure you've taken advice from a good EA and solicitor and you're aware of all the potential pitfalls.

Advertisement