Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order

Options
  • 31-08-2016 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, 
    Rent for my last appartment was paid through standing order, i moved this August, I canceled standing order in July online through 365online service, and after whole procedure future payments section was empty. But in August payment was made, standing order was not canceled, i contacted customer supoprt, and they told me to contact landlord and also only then did standing order been canceled. I have not received payment from landlord. Is there anything i can do to get that money back, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Tihi321 wrote: »
    Hi, 
    Rent for my last appartment was paid through standing order, i moved this August, I canceled standing order in July online through 365online service, and after whole procedure future payments section was empty. But in August payment was made, standing order was not canceled, i contacted customer supoprt, and they told me to contact landlord and also only then did standing order been canceled. I have not received payment from landlord. Is there anything i can do to get that money back, thanks
    Good afternoon Tihi321,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

As the payment has left your account we would have no way to recall this payment. It would be necessary to contact the landlord and request a refund. 

If you have any other queries we’ll be happy to help here.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tihi321

Hi, I understand, I already contacted the landlord with no effect.
    I have one more question, I moved abroad and sent a letter for closing account to my branch (La Touche House, Custom House Dock). It was sent on Monday 25th of august by express mail. How many days do I have to wait for a response as my account is still active, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Tihi321 wrote: »
    Hi, I understand, I already contacted the landlord with no effect.
    I have one more question, I moved abroad and sent a letter for closing account to my branch (La Touche House, Custom House Dock). It was sent on Monday 25th of august by express mail. How many days do I have to wait for a response as my account is still active, thanks
    Hi,

Once the letter to request to have the account closed is sent, the closing process starts immediately.

If you have a balance left in your account (over €5) it is necessary to advise the branch what you wish to to be done with this balance. If you require the balance to be issued to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made payable to.

If you require the balance to be transferred to a replacement account, we will require details of the beneficiary account i.e. sort code, account number, account name. IBAN & BIC code will also be required if the new account is a held at a foreign bank).

Please note, if you are currently signed up for eStatements, please ensure to switch back to paper statements before having the account closed. This will ensure you are able to receive your closing statement. Once an account has closed it is automatically removed from online access.

Contact details for your branch can be found here: www.bankofireland.com/branches

Thank you,

Tara C

Advertisement