Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV Ethernet Connection Required??

Options
  • 31-08-2016 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

So I signed up to the all in package nearly 3months ago now. Long story short internet could not he routed to housing estate so was just getting charged for the mobile side of things.

In the meantime we ran out of boxsets so decided to get Sky. 12 month contract, grand. So after a few weeks, (after being told it could take months) looks like we are being connected. Now I have Sky downstairs and about to get Eir TV too. Will the main Eir TV box work upstairs just with WI-Fi (no Ethernet connection upstairs)? Probably means I won't be able to make use of the HD channels this way?

Or has anybody any possible suggestions. No point cancelling Sky and believe it or not getting a very good deal through Eir.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

tbayers wrote: »
    So I signed up to the all in package nearly 3months ago now. Long story short internet could not he routed to housing estate so was just getting charged for the mobile side of things.

In the meantime we ran out of boxsets so decided to get Sky. 12 month contract, grand. So after a few weeks, (after being told it could take months) looks like we are being connected. Now I have Sky downstairs and about to get Eir TV too. Will the main Eir TV box work upstairs just with WI-Fi (no Ethernet connection upstairs)? Probably means I won't be able to make use of the HD channels this way?

Or has anybody any possible suggestions. No point cancelling Sky and believe it or not getting a very good deal through Eir.

Thanks in advance
    Hi tbayers,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid eir Vision Tv is only compatible with the efibre service.
    Have you contacted sales to order this product?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Hi tbayers,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

I am signed up just over three months now but no I haven't arranged an install date yet. I think it will only save me around 5euro a month so might be worth my while just getting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

tbayers wrote: »
    Hi tbayers,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

I am signed up just over three months now but no I haven't arranged an install date yet. I think it will only save me around 5euro a month so might be worth my while just getting it?
    You would be unable to avail of eir Vision unless you are an efibre customer  tbayers.

-Pamela 

Advertisement