Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vevay Road Works Bray

• 31-08-2016 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭

Why are they tearing up the Vevay Road outside Centra and resurfacing it over and over again every year? Every couple of months they tear it all up completely both lanes, dig a massive hole in the same spot then spend a couple of days resurfacing the road again, Ive never seen this happen anywhere else, they're heading for double digits at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Gives a certain TD the opportunity to get his photo taken beside it to feature in the North Wicklow Times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

The Burma Road, It has being in bits for years i thought they where actually going to resurface it but they did from the Tennis courts to the south cross roundabout instead could they be possibly finally resurfacing the whole lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Always at the same time of year too, when the kids go back to school.

I had hopes this year when there was a sign at seacrest saying they were starting at the start of august and thought to myself "hopefully they'll be done before the schools for once". More fool me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Even if they did it once for power, once for water, once for sewage, once for fibre etc etc they'd still have gone beyond that by now, is it some kind of scam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Maybe multiply each utility by 2? Eircom dug up the paths and everyones gardens in Charnwood to run ducting in the mid 90's. They finally came back and ran new cables in that ducting about 7 or 8 years later in the early 2000's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement