Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Offer

Options
  • 01-09-2016 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

For some reason I couldn't post an Anon thread, due to some IP location malarky so had to do a re-reg as I'm in need of some advice.

I've had a Job Offer today which has a 21% pay increase on my current salary. Location is a tad bit of a pain to get to and will require public transport or a bike instead of a car. I'm definitely leaning towards accepting it and signing the contract when it arrives.

My pickle is, I work in a close small team at present and feel as if I'm going to let them down majorly if I leave. My plan is to tell them personally then hand in my notice officially to management, is there pros and cons to this? I suppose I'm just stressing over something which essentially isn't there business but I feel it's my duty as we've grown to be good mates over few years.

Just looking for a direction of how to go about things. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

I'd be inclined to give notice officially first, and ask your manager to let you tell the rest of the team yourself. Telling the others first runs the risk of someone leaking the news to management, and having them hear it from someone else first wouldn't make you look good.

Congratulations, by the way. :)

Fully agreed. Do the official first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Definitely official first. If nothing else the company may counter offer

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

Very inappropriate to tell your coworkers before management.

Advertisement