Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Min of 4.0° on the button last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Can I ask if anyone knows where I might find a forecast reaching into next week for Paris of the kind of standard we are used to from M.T. Cranium?

I have a decision to make that is dependant on the amount of rain that falls in that area during next week and being used to having a reliable forecast from MTC Meteo France is looking very vague.
    Up until today their pictures were showing no rain at all and now they are showing some but I've no idea how much or little.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Galway, Cork and Kerry
    Over 25 mm likely in a 12 hour period, locally up to 40 mm in mountainous areas.

Issued:Thursday 22 September 2016 16:00
    Valid:Saturday 24 September 2016 00:01 to Saturday 24 September 2016 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I do wonder, without fail, how Clare is continuously left out of these? It's in the middle of Galway, Cork and Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Not a bad day today, no rain and mostly sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was nice here till about 7.15, raining heavy since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just turned the heating on for the 1st time :(

Just turned the heating on for the 1st time :(

Do you know your outside temp?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very chilly here again, same as past 3 to 4 nights, gonna get down to 5C tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ikearney

Thats great news, cant wait for some good weather!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Chilly evening at 11.1C here near Tralee , heating on here too tonight . The couple of cool nights( 6.1C and 6.3C ) has cooled down the house a bit and just getting up to 15.8C today, set to be a bit milder tomorrow. Said on the weather forecast tonight that the Dublin area could get up to 18C tomorrow. Should get up to around 16-17C here in Kerry. And then the rain.

Met eireann's rainfall warning is updated and now includes Co.mayo

7pm reports, Belmullet gusting 53 knots

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Windy in Mayo with Bellmullet reporting Wind speed of 36kts / gust of 53kts ( 98 km/h )

pICXC43.png?1

EDIT: Snap :)

After getting relatively mild again here near Tralee this evening, having dropped to 14.8C late afternoon it has climbed again to 16.6C.

Got a high ( so far ) of 17.1C

Windy getting up to 53 kph SSW

Gusting 57 knots now in Belmullet in rain. nasty evening in the north west .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Atrocious evening in west Mayo,torrents of rain smashing of the window and winds akin to a yellow warning.

3hr-rain.gif?2336very heavy rain off the west coast will move in to western coastal counties in the next few hours

got much milder as today went on, almost warm by the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

It has been raining non stop here since about 10am yesterday. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

So I gave in, and turned on heating and lit the fire. Winter's here...
    Rain feels imminent here in Galway, has done since about 5 so it will probably be an anticlimax in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

18.1ºc at 1:30am in Bray. No heating turned on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was not as wet as feared thankfully
    Did any place get the forecasted 20-40mm I wonder
    Maybe the north West?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

km79 wrote: »
    Was not as wet as feared thankfully
    Did any place get the forecasted 20-40mm I wonder
    Maybe the north West?

I d say we got 25-30 here in Longford, still raining heavily, every place looks saturated and a lot of leaves down this morning. Its 15 degrees here.

Eamondomc wrote: »
    I d say we got 25-30 here in Longford, still raining heavily, every place looks saturated and a lot of leaves down this morning. Its 15 degrees here.

as soon as I finished typing it peed rain until now :D

Went from being dry to lasing in the space of about 30 seconds.

Clearer weather and lighter winds moving in from the West here in castlebar. Very autumnal looking this morning

Clearer weather and lighter winds moving in from the West here in castlebar. Very autumnal looking this morning

Complete opposite here on the east coast.
    Dark and wet, wind has died down.

Cloudy but weak sun getting through from time to time here outside Tralee. Measured 19.2mm in the manual gauge this morning.

Wind has lightened off considerably.

• Advertisement

Today was a pleasant suprise once the rained cleared around 11am

Advertisement