Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

PROB 30% Thunderstorm rain in the forecast for Dublin Aiport from 7-9pm this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Went on the Dublin Bay cruise at 12:30 today.
    My word it was rough, first time I ever felt sea sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭alentejo

Very disappointing morning here in D6W. Very damp and wet yet looking at the rain radar it's dry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

should be some rain tonight, warming up towards the mid 20s, cooler from Thursday but still very mild for time of year. Eastern areas could see close to 20C for the next 10 days with many parts staying completely dry. The north and west will be more unsettled at times from next Thursday. Overall September is starting to look very decent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

24C for Clare /Limerick tomorrow perhaps

yRAMvuq.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonzo wrote: »
    should be some rain tonight, warming up towards the mid 20s, cooler from Thursday but still very mild for time of year. Eastern areas could see close to 20C for the next 10 days with many parts staying completely dry. The north and west will be more unsettled at times from next Thursday. Overall September is starting to look very decent.

Good stuff

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Yea reading about having a Meridional Jet Stream for the Next 5-6 days which is helping the warmer tropical airmass travel up over Ireland. Warm and Humid, and in these parts on the SW coast expecting it to be breezy if not windy at times with mist and drizzle and patches of cloud, will feel muggy at times , good opportunities for Lenticular clouds I would think. Bit of a shell shock to the system if your body clock is expecting more Autumnal weather :)

vd6U3kq.png

km79 wrote: »
    Good stuff

And this morning I wake up to yr.no forecasting 30-40mm overnight weds/Thursday for my area
    Been like this all year
    The few days after the next one are always promised good until they are almost here and then it changes for the worse
    Friday and Sunday look wet too

Friday looks VERY wet now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

It's a very sticky day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

km79 wrote: »
    Friday looks VERY wet now
    The entire weekend is looking pretty grim tbh

396196.png

Very warm in Tralee, well over 20C , feeling hot in direct sunshine , very humid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Let's not Dwell on the possible bad weather later in the week and enjoy the now
    Yesterday here was nice up untill about 8pm when the heavens opened
    18+ mm up until dawn

The steam off all that water combined with the heat of the sun here today is humidity wise amazonic,very sticky
    Another nice day otherwise and currently 21.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

LEIN wrote: »
    It's a very sticky day!

That's the heat and humidity from ex-hurricane Gaston. It was absorbed into a low pressure over the north Atlantic. I haven't felt humidity like this in a while, feels real tropical.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

...good opportunities for Lenticular clouds I would think...

I think there is one over me in Dublin 16! Blue skies all round, but a stubborn cloud overhead, not going anywhere (and blocking the sun). Despite that, it's a humid feeling 22.0c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

23.4C.
    One can't complain.

RobertKK wrote: »
    23.4C.
    One can't complain.

Not quite so warm further west but 19C in nothing to be sniffed at, and its been sunny for the most part this morning.

Cloudy damp and feckin very close in east Galway
    The lawn will love this :D

24.7 c now in Arklow,amazonic humidity on a gorgeous sunny day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A mixture of blue skies and cloud in Castlebar at 20.1C and 84% humidity, it sure beats the 43mm of rain we received in the last 4 days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

23.7c here now in Dublin 16.

Warmest September day here this decade (since I started my records in 2010). 23.6c recorded during September 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Phoenix Park station reported 25 c at 1400. Could be the warmest day of the autumn season.

25.5c on my dashboard in Arklow at lunchtime

25.2 on the Davis here at home

G'wan ya good summer(in the east) :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Phoenix Park station reported 25 c at 1400. Could be the warmest day of the autumn season.
    29.1 the record for September it seems -

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/weather-extremes.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

26.6ºc at 1:45pm in Bray according to Trogdors Bray station which correlates with Google when I googled Bray Temp at about 1pm. I initially thought Google must be wrong until I checked Trogdors readings

Lovely afternoon now in east Galway
    The sun is out

Jpmarn wrote: »

Oak Park, Phoenix Park & Casement all reporting 25C at 1500hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

max 24.7c ...... and 24.5c at the moment. :)

...and 24.5c at the moment. :)

Ditto in Dublin 16 (but this is my high/max so far).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,473 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hit 26C here earlier before the sea breeze got going, still feels very hot.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement