Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Heavy rain pretty much all day here in West Kerry .. Plenty of flooding around .... And it hasnt even started yet according to the forecast :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rain lightened a bit in the late afternoon, steady moderate and at times heavy rain here now near Tralee, 18mm so far.

Very dull evening.

gM6ejcz.png?1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I have started a 'rain event' thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057655049

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thank goodness for the Scandi high. What was predicted to be a washed out Tuesday a few days ago will be dry (yes I'll be outside all tomorrow) and continuing through most of the week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Nice morning here, 12 degrees, light cloud but dry and reading mt craniums weather forecast it looks like its staying dry for a couple of weeks.
    Strange pinkish but beautiful clouds earlier out on the farm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I hope the next week goes as forecast
    Nice and dry autumnal weather

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Its finally stopped raining

Exactly 24 hours of rain with just a ten minute stop last night!

Amazing that there's only local field flooding, but the land was relatively dry before, its fairly waterlogged now.

gorgeous autumnal evening
    long may it continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Dark dismal evening no rain.

Dark dismal evening no rain.

Gonna be a longggggg winter Clonmel, better buy some UV lights:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The darker the wetter the colder the better it seems for some.

The darker the wetter the colder the better it seems for some.

Every month bar June July and August, that pretty much sums it up.

Imagine a bit of snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just had a peek at the 15 day GSF on wetterzentral - high pressure all the way though weakening as the Scandi HP dawdles west.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

A pleasant 17 degrees in west Mayo,the atmosphere feels very dry,hazy hills,powdery clouds and a soft Luke warm wind blowing from the south east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Beautiful evening here
    I presume that was the ISS I saw hurtling across the sky west to east about 5 mins ago?
    Very bright and twinkling

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Beautiful evening here
    I presume that was the ISS I saw hurtling across the sky west to east about 5 mins ago?
    Very bright and twinkling

Yeah pretty sure it was, was out looking at it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Every month bar June July and August, that pretty much sums it up.

Imagine a bit of snow!

That's just barmy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Co.Mayo coastline this evening at sunset

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Co.Mayo coastline this evening at sunset

Looks like a post card. Great catch!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looking at the current state of the North Hemisphere and projections from some sub-seasonal models, I would suggest we are going to have a decidedly chilly late autumn.

Lots of high pressure at high latitudes over the next several weeks and it would seem likely we will get a decent early chilly blast late October/ early November.

• Advertisement

Looking at the current state of the North Hemisphere and projections from some sub-seasonal models, I would suggest we are going to have a decidedly chilly late autumn.

Lots of high pressure at high latitudes over the next several weeks and it would seem likely we will get a decent early chilly blast late October/ early November.
    Sounds dry sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

We can only hope but we won't be that lucky. The pattern will change and end up being like Accuweather is predicting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, Accuweather seem very bullish about their winter forecast. Seems to tie in with part of what MT was saying over on netweather: stormy conditions late October/early November, reasonably settled for mid-late November with cold last part of November to mid-December, followed by stormy/mild through January. Either way very interesting to see how things pan out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

That's a load of baloney, no one has a clue what kind of winter it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Not quite, I'm sure there is some science behind Accuweather's LRF even if they don't allude to it in their forecast (not saying that the monthly breakdown is in anyway accurate). Most major models have long range probability maps which can be used to get some broad indication of what lies ahead.

That's a load of baloney, no one has a clue what kind of winter it will be.

Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Has anyone read their forecast for last winter, my memory is sketchy but i seem to remember it was a bit different to what actually happened, but like i said, my mind is sketchy so i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Latest ensembles showing a very settled period for the next 2 weeks.

398604.png

Wouldn't be surprised to see some drought conditions be a problem for some. For example vartry reservoir is quite low atm IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just after spending 10 days in Fuengirola, amazing weather 28C most days and gin blue skies. Returning to Ireland tomorrow evening, will be harsh but 2 weeks of dry conditions is perfect, really don't want to see any rain, despite the very low temperatures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Gonzo wrote: »
    just after spending 10 days in Fuengirola, amazing weather 28C most days and gin blue skies. Returning to Ireland tomorrow evening, will be harsh but 2 weeks of dry conditions is perfect, really don't want to see any rain, despite the very low temperatures.

Buy a good jumper and you'll be sound.
    Its great autumn weather here, no complaints, ground has dried out, can leave the cattle out for another while, the range of colours about is brilliant, lovely morning and evening skies, I can sit out on the patio, albeit with a wooly on, something I couldn't manage for most of the summer.
    Welcome home btw.

Advertisement