Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Eamondomc wrote: »
    Buy a good jumper and you'll be sound.
    Its great autumn weather here, no complaints, ground has dried out, can leave the cattle out for another while, the range of colours about is brilliant, lovely morning and evening skies, I can sit out on the patio, albeit with a wooly on, something I couldn't manage for most of the summer.
    Welcome home btw.
    Only Shame is the evenings getting shorter to get much done after work
    But it's bliss to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hard to get work done too with all the Snow that's coming :):):):):D

I'll be quiet now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

This weather would be fine if it wasn't so fecking windy. Looks set to calm down a bit over the weekend, which is great, but I hate cycling with tears streaming out of me eyes because of the cold wind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

MJohnston wrote: »
    This weather would be fine if it wasn't so fecking windy. Looks set to calm down a bit over the weekend, which is great, but I hate cycling with tears streaming out of me eyes because of the cold wind!

Try glasses.

A beauty of a sunset tonight.

Lovely sunny morning here, its great to be out.
    I have 2 fields of overgrown pasture, 8 acres, I think I m going to cut and bale it today and tomoro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice to be able to come back home to dry weather and not as cold as I was expecting.

Welcome home, hope the hols were good.

Despite the deceiving rainfall radar, there's absolutely no precipitation here in West Clare, it's been completely dry here since Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dull and wet in Castlebar after a pleasant albeit windy last two days.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Despite the deceiving rainfall radar, there's absolutely no precipitation here in West Clare, it's been completely dry here since Tuesday.

Spoke too soon, a thick drizzle just arrived and departed, making everything damp.
    Looks good for later though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Heavy drizzle has set in in south Connemara too. Had just taken all the tools out for outdoor work as I was expecting a dry day.! Ah well, vacuuming it is so.

Edit: gone from drizzle to proper rain now.

Rain quite heavy here, went for a cycle about an hour ago and now stuck in a shop, because I cannot cycle back.

No idea when it'll stop either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

woke up this morning, surprised to see the wet ground,charts now indicating that the bone dry conditions particularly in the west for the next week to 10 days is starting to go down the tubes...

The rain band looks like it has not moved in the last 3 hours, it has literally just been stalled in a small line from Kerry up to Sligo.

Xenji wrote: »
    The rain band looks like it has not moved in the last 3 hours, it has literally just been stalled in a small line from Kerry up to Sligo.

No longer at my location gladly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Gorgeous blue skies here this afternoon and feeling warm working out in it

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Gorgeous blue skies here this afternoon and feeling warm working out in it

Same in east Galway
    Better than any day we got from early July on

Beautiful warm evening and so calm there isn't even a leaf moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Cloudy here in wexford all day today and threatened to rain a few times.

There was rain here from about 2.30pm yesterday and all afternoon and evening.
    The electricity gave a flicker at 8 and flickered a few times after and then finally went at 10.30 for an hour.
    Found out this morning that a neighbour had 2 cattle struck with lightning about a half mile away. It must of happened at 8 and I guess it came down an esb pole.
    The esb seemingly were out fixing the fault last night.
    I never heard the thunder but I do remember heavy rain at that time.

Anyway I was looking at the record of strikes yesterday on blitzortung.org and there was no account of the strike. I know not every strike shows up but you wouldn't want to be an insurance assessor relying on it for the gospel.:p

Haven't seen graupel in months, usually at this time of year it starts to re-emerge.

• Advertisement

Very thick fog currently in Castlebar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Ditto in Galway city; heavy fog and utterly calm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Just 50 meters visibility at knock airport currently.

Light cloud cover here in Longford, hazy, but no sign of any fog or mist in my view and being on high ground I can see in to Cavan, leitrim, and Roscommon from here and up the fields Fermanagh as well.
    We've had no rain in over a week here and with good drying at times outside conditions are excellent for the time of year.
    A good autumn so far.

About a half hour later we had a light shower, but its cleared up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Very foggy in Galway city, no real sigh of lifting.

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Cloudy here in wexford all day today and threatened to rain a few times.

There was rain here from about 2.30pm yesterday and all afternoon and evening.
    The electricity gave a flicker at 8 and flickered a few times after and then finally went at 10.30 for an hour.
    Found out this morning that a neighbour had 2 cattle struck with lightning about a half mile away. It must of happened at 8 and I guess it came down an esb pole.
    The esb seemingly were out fixing the fault last night.
    I never heard the thunder but I do remember heavy rain at that time.

Anyway I was looking at the record of strikes yesterday on blitzortung.org and there was no account of the strike. I know not every strike shows up but you wouldn't want to be an insurance assessor relying on it for the gospel.:p

Not surprised re the heavy shower as looking inland here all day yesterday you could see wavy dark clouds over the Wicklow mtns and south towards Mt Leinster in your direction
    Coastal north Wexford and certainly my area had no showers btw and was quite sunny in the afternoon,I was sweating!
    The usual convergence zone saw activity

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunner of a day here near Tralee getting up to 18.2C in calm conditions .

Dull till about 3 pm then brightened up in east Galway
    Really enjoying this dry spell
    Perfect to get final gardening jobs done before retiring for the winter

Noticeable difference between the RTE Met Eireann forecast for the end of the week and BBC countryfile

Gerry Murphy has the low pressure fronts and rain slap bang on top of Ireland
    The BBC has them over the south of England with All of Ireland escaping
    There was no talk of uncertainty by either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Noticeable difference between the RTE Met Eireann forecast for the end of the week and BBC countryfile

Gerry Murphy has the low pressure fronts and rain slap bang on top of Ireland
    The BBC has them over the south of England with All of Ireland escaping
    There was no talk of uncertainty by either

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Advertisement