Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Meath, Dublin and Louth look to be the worst possible positioned for any showers tonight with the longest land track. Showers break up into nothing over Westmeath and Ofally.

Parts of Mayo, Donegal and much of Northern Ireland could wake up to winter wonderlands tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Gonzo wrote: »
    Meath, Dublin and Louth look to be the worst possible positioned for any showers tonight with the longest land track. Showers break up into nothing over Westmeath and Ofally.

Parts of Mayo, Donegal and much of Northern Ireland could wake up to winter wonderlands tomorrow.

What I you reckon the likely hood of these holding out further east as temps drop is?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp dropping steadily here in Waterford to a current 3.7c. Max today was 9.8c with only a few very light showers. The Comeraghs soaking up most of the showers from the North West.

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/template/pages/maps/global.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Seems to be snowing inland in east Mayo,lots of pink graphics on the netweather radar,still mostly sleety rain here in west Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Getting nice and white at knock airport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

17th November is a promising date for the first snow of the season. Bodes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Seems to be snowing inland in east Mayo,lots of pink graphics on the netweather radar,still mostly sleety rain here in west Mayo.

Lots of green and red on the radar now! Only 1c at Cork Airport now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

What I you reckon the likely hood of these holding out further east as temps drop is?

a few lucky eastern areas may see some isolated dandruff

We would need a proper band of organised showers like last night for something decent to make it to the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

At the moment the showers are beefy enough to make it into western and middle parts of Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

pad199207 wrote: »
    At the moment the showers are beefy enough to make it into western and middle parts of Leinster

Will they make it as far as us though Pad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Same old same old.. nothing likes reaching Dublin:)

Haven't seen snow here in West Clare in two years! And they talk about a Cork Shield and nothing reaches Dublin!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Haven't seen snow here in West Clare in two years! And they talk about a Cork Shield and nothing reaches Dublin!

In fairness , Dublin doesn't get anything youd be lucky to see a flake

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    In fairness , Dublin doesn't get anything youd be lucky to see a flake

Did it not snow today?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Did it not snow today?

Graupel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Graupel
    I don't think were any reports of Graupel in Dublin today. Rain, sleet and snow is all I heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Some decent snow falling here in Carlow atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Family in Castlecomer reporting a good dusting

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

0.7C and snowing, car and grass has a light covering - high ground north east of Kilkenny city.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Am getting some nice proper snow showers now after a lull with some rain. temps dropping well now, its -0.4 with a dew point of -0.5.

Got my power back within two hours after a lightning strike earlier, fair play to those ESB Networks guys, they do great work and usually in sh1tty weather.

• Advertisement

Let me know where snow is falling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

If you read the previous posts, you'll see that people are letting us know where it is snowing

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It's snowing now!

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It's snowing now!

Where

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Where

Exactly...

If its not snowing where you are, then it does not matter!

Sorry .. I'm asking a genuine question

Sorry .. I'm asking a genuine question

Where are you?

Where are you?

Dublin

Dublin

Ohh...it's not snowing in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Ohh...it's not snowing in Dublin.

Ye I know that , anything on the way?

Advertisement