Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Ye I know that , anything on the way?

Nope, nothing sadly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like some of those showers may be beefy enough to make it through to Dublin, but, more likely to fall as icy rain/sleet if they make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Just had really heavy snow shower. Sticking to grass but not to roads yet. Roads will be fun at 5.30 in the morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

frosty outside, but light rain/sleet shower here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Starting to settle properly now, it was too wet before, cat not impressed :p

IMG_20161117_223203_zpsqtbip7is.jpg

IMG_20161117_223216_zpsk2u5z6zv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Heavy snow near knock airport the last 10mi.starting to settle as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is snowing heavily here (Kilkenny's hills should be all white when the sun rises), everywhere is now covered in snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The moon appears between the dark shower clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any snow expected to reach the East Coast over night?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No, but I wouldn't rule it out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very little if any. I doubt there will be any surprises like this morning. The south and south-east seems to be doing much better. Most of the east is bone dry at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Those showers up in the NW are much beefier than I thought. I'd say some of us will wake up to a winter wonderland in the morning. I wouldn't even rule out Leinster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

pad199207 wrote: »
    Those showers up in the NW are much beefier than I thought. I'd say some of us will wake up to a winter wonderland in the morning. I wouldn't even rule out Leinster

Quite a sleety shower down here at the moment,local hills will be white after it
    I'd certainly expect inland west Munster,lots of Connaught,mid and north Leinster and much of Ulster to see flakes during the night to varying degrees
    Settling in parts
    There should be lots of posts and pics here in the morning

Current DPs.

pointrosee_uk_wjr7.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

A sleety/snow mix now falling in Waterford City Temp 2.9c DP 1.0c

www.waterfordweather.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I was in Liscannor earlier and it was snowing,lahinch was all white too.
    It melted quite fast though.

Just had a long lasting snow shower and its left me with about 3 inches lying here. The showers overnight were not nearly as "Beefy" as they looked on the radar.

Will take some photos when it gets bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Rainy, sleety, graupally, muck here...on the plus side I don't have to de-ice the car. Looks like I am just on the edge, Athlone showing nice returns for Snow on the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Left the house at 5am with a mixture of slushy snow on the road but has i headed towards Cavan town roads pretty clear, On my way to Monaghan now raods very slushy and wet snow in parts. There is a right bit on the fields it looks lovely when the sky clears with the reflection of the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Is this the end to the snow for a while ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Not a significant event, but our first dusting of the season. It'd skin a buck out here this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

And a very odd sky looking west here this morning.

A few pics as it was getting bright, taken with my new tablet and they are not great :pac:

IMG_20161118_074455_zpsh9yl2kdm.jpg

IMG_20161118_075320_zpsmettvraf.jpg

IMG_20161118_080116_zpsreqosipf.jpg

IMG_20161118_074919_zpsxhgqkosc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Almost blizzard like conditions in parts of Laois this morning, not really settling so an easy enough drive to work.
    @MountainyMan wow, that's proper snowfall :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Darwin wrote: »

+1 Great pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Can we arrange a ban for mountainyman,
    The envy is killing me ...
    Great pic BTW..

Ha, I wouldn't be too envious, I'm not sure ye soft Dublin folk could hack the crap weather we get up here the rest of the year just for a few days of snow.:D

got nothing here as expected, not even a frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Icy roads and a good frost here this morning in Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    Icy roads and a good frost here this morning in Kildare

I nearly went on my nose in Sallins anyway !

Advertisement