Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing weather related problems? The temp getting to me.

Excessive sweating count?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

September 5th, 10pm reports from met eireann..... 22 degrees at Dunsany! 21 degrees at Casement, Gurteen, Mullingar,Phoenix park and Shannon. now thats pretty damm good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I am sitting outside. So mild

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temperature is rising again here, has gone from 22.1C back up to 22.9C over the last half hour. Won't be getting to sleep tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It's going to one of those nights isn't it?

Hopefully these are the last of the hot nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lucreto wrote: »
    It's going to one of those nights isn't it?

Hopefully these are the last of the hot nights.

Such a waste of heat !
    At work all day and it was lovely and sunny from noon on
    Finish work and it clouds over and now it's disgusting warm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A slightly cooler but still sickening 19.3c here in West Clare, my hygrometer states HH (Too High), which I don't even see during fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

18.6c currently in Castlebar with 96% humidity.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Temp gone up here near Tralee now at 20.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Still 20c here in navan/trim... But there's a fierce gust after coming from somewhere! :confused: all windows open upstairs but the noise of the curtains is head wrecking now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Returned from lanzarote today to dublin and was expecting the usual chill in the air as we walked down steps off the plane.

Was pleasantly surprised as was near enough the same heat here as when we boarded in lanzarote.

11pm met eireann reports.... 21 degrees at Ballyhaise, Dublin airport, Dunsany, and Phoneix park. these are very high 11pm temperatures for early September. even at a remote station like Finner camp in Donegal its 20 degrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

vickers209 wrote: »
    Returned from lanzarote today to dublin and was expecting the usual chill in the air as we walked down steps off the plane.

Was pleasantly surprised as was near enough the same heat here as when we boarded in lanzarote.

You've brought the weather home with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

A cool 18.7c in Sligo after a max of 21.2c

Not really surprising as nights in Ireland seem to be warming at a more accelerated speed than days

Bbc said september max min is 18.3c belfast so tonight will have a stab at that...somewhere. could be 19c min even

Also with all the instability around the Atlantic one of those in excess of 50mm days that are getting more n more common is probably just around the corner

The first half of September looks around or above normal whatever the second half holds.

Maybe Winter is waiting in the wings to punish us with minus 20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The past few summers seem to always include a nice stretch in September, May and September seem to be working out better than June and July recently here.

Midnight September 6th..... 21 degrees at Ballyhaise, Dublin Airport,Phoenix Park and Dunsany . could be a while before we see that repeated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Midnight September 6th..... 21 degrees at Ballyhaise, Dublin Airport,Phoenix Park and Dunsany . could be a while before we see that repeated

A bit insane.

Warmer tonight than most DAYS in Summer 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

I don't notice the humidity or warmth here on the coast in Mayo,there a stiff breeze blowing,and its pissing rain,its the same temperature as it was during the day,around 17.serious warmth on the continent,40 in Lisbon today,across Spain and France and into southern England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Dublin Airport and Ballyhaise Cavan reporting 20C at 02:00, with a lot of stations not far behind at 19C.

Some record breaking September minimums maybe?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

pauldry wrote: »
    Warmer tonight than most DAYS in Summer 2015

Overnight low here in Dublin 16 of 19.6c, which, is higher than the max here for (all of) September 2015 (18.8c was max for September 2015)!

• Advertisement

Sleep wasn't bad last night considering the heat.
    Looking like another very warm morning.

Spectacular walk this morning with a firey sky to my east with the sunrise and decaying Lenticular clouds over the mountains.

Unexpectedly made 5mm of rain overnight scuppering any plans to cut the lawn with a bit of comfort AGAIN . Honestly the last few months have been the most annoying I can ever remember .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looking windy for most places in the early hours of Thurs and very windy with strong gusts in Atlantic coastal counties and especially so in the NW during the day.

OGhDi6W.png

Around Friday and Sunday coming showing spells of very windy weather also at this stage . Fast developing models, a lot of energy in the Atlantic atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

ME predicting a high of 23c today,
    I'm already 23.1c at 9am after an overnight min of 19.8c.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

its those southerly winds isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Very muggy last night,low of 18.0c. Currently 19.7c ,it did start off bright but has clouded over.
    Nights like last night ridiculously warm for Sept. Of all our seasons autumn is the one that's changing the most IMO. Another above average autumn temp wise very likely, yyyaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnn.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ME predicting a high of 23c today,
    I'm already 23.1c at 9am after an overnight min of 19.8c.

Same here now in Dublin 16....23.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

..... possibly an all time Sept record for there?
    24.6c on 17/9/03 is the one to beat.
    Yes, yesterday's 25.1c was the warmest September day on record at Dublin Airport.
    I'm almost certain that records began there in 1941.

edit: The 26.0c at the Phoenix Park yesterday was the highest September temp recorded there for 110 years!
    if Evelyn did the forecast last night she and not me would be telling you all this!

• Advertisement

Nearly 10mm of rain now
    Lovely

Advertisement