Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gurteen, Tipp and Oak Park,Carlow are both reporting snow showers at the midnight readings on met.ie

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

ongarboy wrote: »
    Gurteen, Tipp and Oak Park,Carlow are both reporting snow showers at the midnight readings on met.ie

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

They're automatic stations getting confused by fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

light rain here and its -1.1c :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Temps rising in South Dublin . Cars were frozen solid a few hours ago and ice has all melted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Rain in Bray. No IOM Shadow for Bray when it comes to poxy Rain!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Milder air aloft.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

-0.8c Here now in West Clare, reached max of +0.2c and a min of -1.2c (a few minutes ago) since midnight. Was -1.8c at its lowest point around 23:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Very sharp frost in north meath this morning, fog has lifted as its got a bit breezier, but the wind is making it feel a lot colder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

-1 here in longford, frosty, slight fog, feels biting cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think we had a little dusting in Cork City last night :eek: Some of the footpaths were very white!! Maybe just an extremely hard frost, but nevertheless, it was exciting :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

No frost here just a grey cold miserable November morning.

From looking at MT's forecast this morning, not much in the way of snow on the way (not widespread anyway), and he even talks about mild weather again into December :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

No frost here just a grey cold miserable November morning.

Try south Wicklow,a howling wind that would cut you in 3,off the sea and a leaden sky ready to dump a load of rain that hopefully won't reach as far west as clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

leahyl wrote: »
    From looking at MT's forecast this morning, not much in the way of snow on the way (not widespread anyway), and he even talks about mild weather again into December :(
    Slowly becoming less frosty at night but continued cold by day as winds pick up from the southeast, wintry showers at times, followed by intervals of heavier wintry showers after the weekend, then a more active pattern resuming with some intervals of milder Atlantic air masses but occasional colder days as well into the first week of December....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

0.9C at 8.00 here near Tralee , refroze during the night down to -0.4C
    Fog cleared on coasts but more inland, feeling bitter cold in the breeze. Gloves from tomorrow on!

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Slowly becoming less frosty at night but continued cold by day as winds pick up from the southeast, wintry showers at times, followed by intervals of heavier wintry showers after the weekend, then a more active pattern resuming with some intervals of milder Atlantic air masses but occasional colder days as well into the first week of December....

Not enough for me :( lol - it's all or nothing for me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy rain showers last night around 2am.

everything frozen over now tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Very heavy hail at 2am this morning in Kinsealy woke me up then the roads in flitters coming in to work this morning

Heavy hail squal here now from the start of the rain band
    Baltic is an understatement It's going to get quite serious above 300 metres today in Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭arctictree

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Heavy hail squal here now from the start of the rain band
    Baltic is an understatement It's going to get quite serious above 300 metres today in Wicklow

Hard to see it happening. I left the house at 9am and it was 4.5c (@ 250M). Do you think the temp will drop with the precip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

We've had an inversion the past few days, hence the lower temperatures at low level and quite high (relatively) temps higher up, with artictree giving a fine example. As it stands, I would be in agreement about the extent of the snow in the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. I reckon a bit more altitude will be required to get lying snow, more than the 200/300m figure being given at the moment, at least during daylight hours anyway.

I reckon the higher parts will get blizzard type conditions alright.....the likes of Sally Gap (@ 500m) are likely to be completely impassable in a few hours time - conditions are already treacherous for non off-road vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

A grey and damp morning here.

Yeah I'm out working all morning so no real ideas on temp locally under this but falling wet snow at a 1000ft asl will happen
    All precip here so far is hard hail in squals then dry
    I'd say sally gap for sure and the high road from glenmalure to Aughavanagh
    That type of area for settling

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Up on high land near the Shannon, about 5C and the wind would cut you. Nice and sunny thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Will high ground in inland S.E get snow tonight?? Met Eireann seems to think so? I thought it was just the coastal counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Heavier rain here.

6.1C

Will high ground in inland S.E get snow tonight?? Met Eireann seems to think so? I thought it was just the coastal counties?

As the low drifts towards the North Sea winds will be more land track northerly which tonight may do the job on hills above 250 metres well inland alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Aww,first hints of 'the muck' returning next week and into december in m.t forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cloudy overhead here now, yet about 10-15 miles away to the west, the sky is crystal clear, still fairly cold in the wind though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

ArKl0w wrote: »
    As the low drifts towards the North Sea winds will be more land track northerly which tonight may do the job on hills above 250 metres well inland alright

Thanks fpr reply ArKl0w, I think we're about 150 m above s.l so prob will just get rain.

Advertisement