Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Some great photos on Instagram of photos taken there over the past two days.

Can you send me a link? I am not sure how Instagram works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Boggy Turf wrote: »
    Can you send me a link? I am not sure how Instagram works.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/303315078/galtee-mountains/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Intermittent frames of rain spots show up on Rain Today. However Satellite shows a major Streamer between IOM and Anglesey aimed at Wicklow. I notice the rest of the Country is clear! It hasn't stopped raining since last night here in Bray though. If this were snow we'd be under a few feet of the stuff by now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭arctictree

Raining all day here in Roundwood @ 6.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A cool clear evening in Castlebar, real clear air with great visibility .6 degrees. Calm,1025.

• Advertisement

5pm. a few stations at 2 degrees. plenty at just 3 degrees including coastal ones like Belmullet. its going to be a very cold night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

arctictree wrote: »
    Raining all day here in Roundwood @ 6.0c

Not a drop here down the road
    Breezy though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

5pm. a few stations at 2 degrees. plenty at just 3 degrees including coastal ones like Belmullet. its going to be a very cold night.
    Markree already -1 at 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Lovely sunset in Galway but the temperatures went down fast. From 5C to 1C in about 30 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Same here, went to the coop and it was showing 5* on the gauge, by the time i got home it was 0.5*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

the bbq fired up and the beers chilled in my backyard!
    6.0c.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Not a drop here down the road
    Breezy though

On and off in Greystones.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mostly clear across the country today, rain cloud showing up coming into to the East earlier.

GRO4niG.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just home, -0.8c here in West Clare and a heavy freeze.

Tomorrow will be fun!

2100. Markree Sligo -3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Yeah,its cold,a crunchy grass frost,and ice on the car by 9pm in coastal west Mayo,a rare occurrence indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Boggy Turf wrote: »
    Lovely sunset in Galway but the temperatures went down fast. From 5C to 1C in about 30 mins.
    The high pressure is centred over Scotland and N.I and the northwest of Ireland.

screenshot_1.png

And then as we know cold air descends from higher up during high pressure weather systems in the centre of the high.

screenshot_1.png

And we have 0 to -5c uppers over us at the moment and actually a lot colder above the 850 again atm.

screenshot_1.png

2300, Markree ,Sligo -4. meanwhile Johnstown Castle is a mild 8 degrees. Now thats a nice range in temperatures!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Yeah,its cold,a crunchy grass frost,and ice on the car by 9pm in coastal west Mayo,a rare occurrence indeed.
    yes, all due to an easterly airflow, at the moment Belmullet is 0c but I'm recording 5.6c now. A similar easterly in summer can keep temperatures around 20c along the east coast and into the high 20s in the west. All to do with onshore breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

I have a favour to ask, heading to greystones over the weekend and thinking of taking a trip into the Wicklow hills to try and catch some snow! Anyone in the area, could they advise me.

1) Is there any possibility that it (snow) would still be there?
    2) And where would be the best place/way to go if it was?

Thanks in advance and apologies if its Off-topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    I have a favour to ask, heading to greystones over the weekend and thinking of taking a trip into the Wicklow hills to try and catch some snow! Anyone in the area, could they advise me.

Try Alun or Unkel over in Outdoor Pursuits, they were up last weekend.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101719189&postcount=260
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101721564&postcount=268

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

SeaBreezes wrote: »

Lugnaquilla.. that has snow and will might still be there to some extent come the weekend.

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Lugnaquilla/forecasts/925

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Hi. I can't find the daily forecast from MT when using this new Boards app. It's not in the subforums. Is he still doing the forecasts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

fraxinus1 wrote: »
    Hi. I can't find the daily forecast from MT when using this new Boards app. It's not in the subforums. Is he still doing the forecasts?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055579971/357/#post101760712

Use the touch site

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Hoar frost this morning here near Tralee, -1.0 . Fantastic morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

This has been a great month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

Hoar frost this morning here near Tralee, -1.0 . Fantastic morning.

Is that all it went down to ? Very hard frost just outside Tralee here the road was white and very slippy.
    Alot harder frost than the night before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Same here in Longford, its -1, was clear here until lately but foggy now in patches, back roads are white as snow and really dangerously slippery. As an old TV programme used to say, be careful out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like the positive signs for cold lovers in the longer term are beginning to fade.

Signs of the PV re-organising around the Pole with the chance of a more mobile and unsettled regime as we move into December. However, still some uncertainty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Looks like the positive signs for cold lovers in the longer term are beginning to fade.

Signs of the PV re-organising around the Pole with the chance of a more mobile and unsettled regime as we move into December. However, still some uncertainty.

The last few runs from GFS would certainly not suggest that.....quite the opposite, in fact!

Advertisement