Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloud completely cleared here around Tralee in the early afternoon, lovely glow from the horizon during the sunset ( any shots pedigree 6 :) )

Temperatures were dropping steadily when the wind calmed but hovering around 1.9C now for awhile as the light E'ly breeze resumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-4.2c at my station in Tullow, the frost hollow had fog all day with a top temp of 0.9c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Cloud completely cleared here around Tralee in the early afternoon, lovely glow from the horizon during the sunset ( any shots pedigree 6 :) )

Temperatures were dropping steadily when the wind calmed but hovering around 1.9C now for awhile as the light E'ly breeze resumes.

No. I was waiting on you for a few pics.:D

It would have been a good evening for a few pictures though.
    There was some small bits of high level cloud which would have made a good picture when the sun went down.

I was too busy fitting LED lights on the side of a house.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Gorgeous day here near Arklow and. Glorious Sunset

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

What a strange weather day. For my location in the South Area of Waterford City Fog lingered all day and the Max daytime temp was 3c. We went for a drive in an Easterly Direction towards Ardkeen about 8mins drive away and no Fog and clear blue skies. Continued out to Dunmore East and the same clear blue skies and 9c on the car temp gauge. A crazy little country weather wise sometimes with these micro climates.

www.waterfordweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10pm. Malin head 10 degrees, Valentia 0 degrees.

It was a stunning day up Camara Hill Wicklow today, just below Lugnaquilla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Currently +8 here in my part of Longford, fog lifted here but very grey and overcast, can't see more than a couple of miles at best.
    Nice mild feel and grand out on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Gorgeous day here in Cork today ,not a cloud in sight :
    2016-11-29_188.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

+5.6c here in West Clare, despite all the forecasts I'll be surprised to see anything below 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

+0.6C here in north Wicklow. Decent car frost atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭arctictree

-1.1c here in Roundwood. Clear starry night.

I've hit -4.3c already, frost hollow FTW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Great day in Waterford, wall to wall sun without any wind at all - makes so much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

How do I see MT's forecast? All other topics are here except his. I'm using the boards app on my phone.

fraxinus1 wrote: »
    How do I see MT's forecast? All other topics are here except his. I'm using the boards app on my phone.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055579971/358/#post101801582

For mobile.

Temperature is now -2.5c here in north wexford.

Temp 3.2c in West Clare, fallen by 2.1c in the past 30mins. The cloud that persisted all day finally going away.

My low of - 0.8C is the coldest of the new so far.

Low of -5.8c so far

• Advertisement

Cloudy and frost free in Dublin CC.

Shallow but dense fog and -0.5c with overnight low of -1.1c. Frost is not very severe. West Clare.

A good hard frost here.
    The coldest this winter so far.
    Temp -3.6c.

Moorepark Cork recording -5c at 8am.

Bizzarely, Valentina is recording -2c at 8am, very rare to ever see this station below 0c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

-4 here in KK city hard hard frost

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Was lovely and clear in tuam. Absolutely blanketed in dog from cloonfad to ballinlough! Eerily dark in cloonfad too.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Moorepark Cork recording -5c at 8am.

Bizzarely, Valentina is recording -2c at 8am, very rare to ever see this station below 0c.

A very clear strong inversion boundary/layer showing up on the Observatory Tephigram there at about 1400m.

http://www.met.ie/latest/valentia.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

14 degree difference between Malin Head and Moorepark at 11am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very thick fog and poor visibility all morning in Castlebar, shows no sign no shifting.

Advertisement