Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Top 5 highest mins, based on the IMT national average*, since 2007:

1. July 22 2014: 16.32°
    2. Aug 01 2013: 16.15°
    3. July 23 2014: 15.78°
    4. July 07 2009: 15.76°
    5. July 20 2013: 15.60°

Top three highest September mins:

1. Sept 28 2011: 14.36°
    2. Sept 19 2014: 14.13°
    2. Sept 29 2011: 14.08°

Shall be interesting to see how today's minima shapes up against the data above. Naturally, values from individual stations will differ but on a national level, it could potentially have been one of the warmest nights in the IMT series since 2007.

Data above C/O Met Eireann.

IMT 11 station mean

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Dublin Airport and Phoenix Park both 24c under a blanket of cloud! :eek:
    Me, 23.9c. Some breaks in cloud now appearing but I doubt any prolonged sunshine like yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Screen max of 25.7c yesterday with an overnight low of 15.8c. Dry throughout. A good deal of cloud about, but a few sunny breaks also. AWS reporting 22.7c so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

17.6C and overcast in Castlebar today, it was still 19.3C last night around 02.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still misting /raining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Currently 26ºc in Bray.

Barely a cloud in the sky.

Wicklow Mountains I salute You!

This is why I call it Costa Del Bray and Playa Del Arklow ;):D

396303.jpg

24.7c in cloudy conditions, that would be unusual in July but in September absolutely incredible as far as I'm concerned!
    I can't ever recall a temp as high in my backyard without sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Constant rain since about 8 am. We've had a serious amount of rain the last few days. Very humid.
    Co. Leitrim

12 hits rain at this stage
    Like living in a different country the last few months
    Infuriating trying to get anything done outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

24.7c in cloudy conditions, that would be unusual in July but in September absolutely incredible as far as I'm concerned!
    I can't ever recall a temp as high in my backyard without sunshine.

Our climate is a changing.
    25.4c here atm in partly cloudy skies.
    Come on autumn dont let me down!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Look at Climate renalyzer temperatures worldwide departure from average and everywhere is near or above average except north greenland and antarctic.

Ireland is particularly orange...wer usually white or last year we were blue

Warming is happening but hopefully we go back to the slow warming... this sort of stuff isnt good. Its hard to imagine minus 5c in January now but it probably will be some night.

Some other warm septembers have resulted in ice cold Winters so dont write off the weather yet

I do think there will be a lot of heavy rain days this Autumn and we could get another 100mm day like the storm in December last year from Desmond was it...my memory sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Warmest September night on record in the North:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/difficulty-sleeping-last-night-you-werent-alone-as-northern-ireland-had-hottest-september-night-on-record-35025668.html

Here in the west, there is no difference today to what it was throughout the Summer just gone. Horrible, nasty, humid junk with a perpetual drizzle. The sun actually tried to come out earlier and yet, the drizzle did not even attempt to take a breather! There seems to be no end to this absolute rubbish we have put up with since June.

New Moon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Calibos wrote: »
    Currently 26ºc in Bray.

Barely a cloud in the sky.

Wicklow Mountains I salute You!

This is why I call it Costa Del Bray and Playa Del Arklow ;):D

Melting here in Dublin 16! Have my own sun hole here too, in the lee of the Dublin Mountains! 26.3c atm.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Melting here in Dublin 16! Have my own sun hole here too, in the lee of the Dublin Mountains! 26.3c atm.
    I can see a lot of blue sky looking south. The sun went in here around 9am and hasn't been out since but still I'm warmer than yesterday, 25.2c now compared to a max of 24.8c yesterday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

High here (in Dublin 16) of 26.6c (so far) today. Higher than any temp recorded here in Summer 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

3pm met reports Dublin airport, casement and phoenix Park all 24 degrees

Trogdors Bray station recorded a high of 27.2ºc at 2pm.

I'm heading out now to give the hedge the last cut of the season. Better get my Factor 30 out of the drawer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Mist and fog all morning in West cork , raining now with a temp of 20. Asl 600 feet

Looking South East towards Bray Head

396312.jpg

Looking SSW towards the Sugarloaf and Wicklow Mountains

396313.jpg

Today is a prime example of what it was like for the entire Summer of 2014 which for the Coastal strip from Bray through Arklow down to Wexford rivaled 2013 for the title of best Summer since 1995. ie. 2013 was pretty great nearly everywhere in the country but 2014 was 'Meh' for most of the country. Warm and dry but convective clouding over from noon onwards for most of the country, whereas the 10 mile wide coastal strip from South County Dublin down to Wexford remained clear all day every day. Whether that was due to maritime air along the coast of this strip or us being in the lee of the Dublin and Wicklow mountains, I don't know. Oh Yeah, Fohn effect adding 2 degrees to the temps too.

I always wondered how back in the 80's my Granny in Bray would be raving about the weather and yet it was a dull Summer for us just up the road in Firhouse. Now that I've lived in Bray for a few decades at this point I understand how those few miles down the M50 can make all the difference in the world to the Weather.

Still misting in east Galway
    And VERY close with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Sun is shining in Galway city with some good breaks in the cloud. Temp 20.3C

My sun hole, in Dublin 16, has filled in with cloud now! :( 26.3c atm...reached 27.6c earlier!

Dublin AP reporting 25c at 1600.

....and....Phoenix Park too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Amazonical again currently steady at 26.3,peak today 26.7
    Yesterday's peak 26.9

Air when driving is like a hair dryer!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Amazonical again currently steady at 26.3,peak today 26.7
    Yesterday's peak 26.9

Air when driving is like a hair dryer!

The air here will make you wetter rather than Drier. So humid!

Sun came out earlier today for a while, it was sweltering. Very warm now in the clouds, 22.2c. Nice end to the summer (yes I know its autumn) which was okay/average here in the west :)

It has yet to break 20C in Castlebar today, 95% humidity though currently with persistent drizzle.

Getting the odd heavy burst of rain now
    Given up looking at weather forecasts now
    Waste of time

km79 wrote: »
    Getting the odd heavy burst of rain now
    Given up looking at weather forecasts now
    Waste of time

Did you just ignore the part which flagged drizzle on Atlantic coasts from days out?

Xenji wrote: »
    It has yet to break 20C in Castlebar today, 95% humidity though currently with persistent drizzle.

Had the drizzle earlier. Was horrible.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Had the drizzle earlier. Was horrible.

I find it is the worse sort of weather.

Advertisement