Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Calibos wrote: »
    Better get my Factor 30 out of the drawer. :D

Why would you need factor 30 at this time of the year, are you ginger?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Did you just ignore the part which flagged drizzle on Atlantic coasts from days out?

I live 50 km from the coast
    Well inland
    And it wa not forecast to be NON STOP drizzle with light rain and occasional moderate rain
    im cranky :D

Gone very dark now had to turn the lights on
    Heavy shower imminent I'd say
    Yes it has hit
    Have to close Windows now
    Unpleasant !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got to 26C here earlier in some sunshine, but mostly cloudy and extremely sticky. Feeling more like 30C for most of the day, uncomfortable at times.

I don't think I can remember a September quite this warm and sticky for many years. This weekend will be a huge shock to the system with temps much, much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Still misty here but this is different

Usually its 14c n misty

Today its 20c

What do u call a heatwave thats wet?

A sweatwave? A droazzlter? Swetering? Or just

CLAMMY

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tomorrow is potentially the last day we'll see temperatures in the 20s till at least next May so make the most of it! Phoenix Park could get 24C again tomorrow. More like 14/15C by the weekend!

km79 wrote: »
    Gone very dark now had to turn the lights on
    Heavy shower imminent I'd say
    Yes it has hit
    Have to close Windows now
    Unpleasant !
    2 hours later and still peeing !
    15 mm or so since midnight
    Hope it stops soon so I can open the windows !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Got up to 21.3C here in Galway city once the sun came out and the drizzle stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

The irony of being told that the rest of the evening will be warm and pleasant,when I can barely see my hand in front of me with fog,let alone the fact its overcast and raining,a very east coast bias forecast this evening.

Warm and pleasant my foot.
    Such a disappointing summer on the west coast.it could have been such an amazing summer country wide what with all the excessive heat and plume potential that occured over the continent.I was talking to some Spanish friends earlier and they simply can not believe we are cheated out of having a summer so much.they haven't a clue.

I'm going back into my anaemic tomb,the light! My eyes! My eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Sun came out earlier today for a while, it was sweltering. Very warm now in the clouds, 22.2c. Nice end to the summer (yes I know its autumn) which was okay/average here in the west :)

There is nothing average about this weather in the least.

Rainfall 24hr accumulation map (from Weatheronline and up to 6pm) says it all really.

1700_24std.gif

Totals that did not fall over the space of an just an hour or two, but from a drizzle that has not ceased since this time yesterday.

New Moon

• Advertisement

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    There is nothing average about this weather in the least.

Rainfall 24hr accumulation map (from Weatheronline and up to 6pm) says it all really.

1700_24std.gif

Totals that did not fall over the space of an just an hour or two, but from a drizzle that has not ceased since this time yesterday.

and the heaviest of it came in the 2 hours after that here
    depressing stuff
    hard for others to comprehend how demoralising it has been with many days of CONStANT mist/drizzle whilst others basked in sunshine
    "patches of mist , drizzle or light rain ".........one patch hasn't moved from here in about 6 months :D

km79 wrote: »
    and the heaviest of it came in the 2 hours after that here

Nothing heavy here, just that ultra fine drizzle all day that penetrates into everything such as the kitchen cupboards, the carpet, the walls, up your nostrils and into the gulf of your soul.

New Moon

Nothing heavy here, just that ultra fine drizzle all day that penetrates into everything such as the kitchen cupboards, the carpet, the walls, up your nostrils and into the gulf of your soul.

the gulf of your soul LOL
    finally someone who understands how soul destroying the majority of last few months have been
    I've managed to get lawn cut nice and dry and mulcher on ONCE !!!!
    I was able to do it for the majority of the cutting season last year
    That is not so say it was a brilliant dry summer last year it was just we had a few back to back dry days ..........that's all that's needed . 48 hours without rain . Ah memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Raining lightly here now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Warm, Breezy, and Dry here, grand night

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A bit away and may possibly downgrade considerably but you cant help being taken aback by the models predictions for Fri and especially Sunday. This could all change no doubt but certainly raised my eyebrows. Storms barreling into and across the country on these runs anyway. Sunday looking especially wet. The Jet Stream very strong and active this week.

GUJx6TT.png

qKB5f0R.gif

VmNu14Q.gif

4dWXji3.png?1

v8QRzIG.png

wStlfcJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

good daytime temperatures but not much in the way of sunshine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 23.1C here near Tralee and only got a brief glimpse of the sun. Fine mist in the afternoon for awhile ( like a sauna ). Very calm with slow moving heavy trailing cloud, a bit more broken in the evening with some blue sky and light over the sea.

17.5C atm

That low late Weds and early Thurs moves quickly up the West coast as it tracks Northwards, mostly cleared away from the North of the country by midday.

The GFS has downgraded the winds somewhat and kept the center further out to sea. Going to be a windy night nonetheless up along the Atlantic coast.

7SPne5k.gif

wMyN7Sd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

I have to say in we have had such fantastic heat here over the last few days since Saturday. We were in Wicklow on Saturday for a family party and when the rain lifted it was like being in south of France. We had all the windows open and even the oldies were delighted which they normally wouldn't be. It was so balmy and calm that we sat outside well into the evening.

Since then, back in Sandyford it has been so warm. Today was less sunny and a bit more breezy but still 22 degrees at 8pm and last night we sat outside until 11.30 - and I was in shorts!!!! The last time I did that and still felt too warm was in Malta last year. Trust me I don't do it lightly

I know it'll end soon but I just love the heat that hits you when you go outside or when you open the door of the car so I'll take it as long as I can - sun or no sun 😊

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

17.6c at 12.40am. Even warmer than last night. Will have to check back through my records but cant remember a September night this warm in the last six years anyway.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

18.2C in Galway city at 1:00am - just slightly cooler than the record-breaking 19.6C recorded last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Sounds alright, wanna swap? These are my thoughts about the past few days in South Dublin: (minus the religion and air conditioning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6tKJvWWDP4

Lovely morning in east Galway
    No coastal mizzle for us yet ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

any chance of the sun making an appearance today??

Top 5 highest mins, based on the IMT national average*, since 2007:

1. July 22 2014: 16.32°
    2. Aug 01 2013: 16.15°
    3. July 23 2014: 15.78°
    4. July 07 2009: 15.76°
    5. July 20 2013: 15.60°

Top three highest September mins:

1. Sept 28 2011: 14.36°
    2. Sept 19 2014: 14.13°
    2. Sept 29 2011: 14.08°

Shall be interesting to see how today's minima shapes up against the data above. Naturally, values from individual stations will differ but on a national level, it could potentially have been one of the warmest nights in the IMT series since 2007.

Data above C/O Met Eireann.

IMT 11 station mean

Not quite, but yesterday's mean min of 16.2c now the 2nd highest min in the IMT series.

Extremes must be a September 6th thing, because this date also holds the record for the being the wettest day over Ireland as a whole over the last 10 years.

Datum and data from Met Éireann.

New Moon

Rougies wrote: »
    Sounds alright, wanna swap? These are my thoughts about the past few days in South Dublin: (minus the religion and air conditioning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6tKJvWWDP4

I think we've all gone a bit Mississippi with this malodorous weather lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A2V9Bu80J4&ab_channel=Moby

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Humid and overcast in Castlebar again today at 18.6C, 98% humidity with sporadic drizzle.

Very dull now in east Galway after a nice start
    Sunday and Monday look ominous

• Advertisement

Raining
    Again

Advertisement