Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 1st already....

• 01-09-2016 3:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Obviously time is the same for everyone on this planet but some years feel like they fly in more so than others. So has this year flown in for you?

Was talking with people the other day and all 3 of us said the same thing... That we can't believe it's September already :(
    Maybe it's the old saying of the older you get the years just seem to fly in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Maybe it's a sign of getting older that it doesn't seem to make much difference any more what date it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When you're five, a year is 20% of your life.

When you're fifty, it's 2%.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'll be waiting for people to post Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day on Facebook in the morning. Same people do it every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Are people in Ireland unable to perceive the passage of time. "I can't believe it's that time already"

It is that bloody time, why are you so shocked by this.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Are people in Ireland unable to perceive the passage of time. "I can't believe it's that time already"

It is that bloody time, why are you so shocked by this.

Time perception

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Just enjoy the sure to be nice now the kids are back in school weather before it gets all dark and miserable until next spring.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Are the Christmas things in the shops yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I bit of light reading, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Fook me it's 9th October already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Welcome to my birthday month bitches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

And it a leap year n all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

The Raptor wrote: »

Tubs of sweets have snuck in and brown Thomas Christmas shop has opened already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

matchthis wrote: »
    Tubs of sweets have snuck in and brown Thomas Christmas shop has opened already

Ah feck off, i was only making a joke. I wasn't expecting a serious reply back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

I love it. Bring on the dark, sitting by the fire reading a good book with a mug of tae.
    Summer is nothing but a huge pile of swallow $hite

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's my birthday month!!!! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I used to think a lot about the future but then it became the past so now I don't anymore

I got a text about xmas savings or something the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Obviously time is the same for everyone on this planet but some years feel like they fly in more so than others. So has this year flown in for you?

Was talking with people the other day and all 3 of us said the same thing... That we can't believe it's September already :(

Routine.
    When you are doing the same thing over and over again, your brain works on auto-pilot and time passes quickly because you aren't consciously engaged in what you are doing.
    Thats my theory anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Driving in today and there's a billboard for booking your Christmas party at a Hotel. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its the first day of autumn

and we never had a summer :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Eh, there's still 4 months left in the year.

If you were working on the basis our calendar year is only 8 months, then yeah, it was a quick year. But I'm only 2 thirds of the way through mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

In my teens I used to look forward to my birthday.

Now, I dread them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

The summer went by slowly, it was amazing

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We are nearly 50% through the 1st now. Flying in this day I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

At least when you get a sunny day in September you're grateful for it. When you don't get one, you don't mind as much but when you get consistently bad weather in the summer, you feel hard done by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

September is my favourite month of the year to be honest, and usually when I go my holidays. No screaming kids, usually pretty decent weather, not light till late at night, so you have a proper sense of the difference between night and day, and no sun blaring in through the curtains at 4am to wake you up early. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

It really has flown. Our perception of time speeds up as we grow up and that is kind of scary.

The best time of year is between just before Hallowe'en and Christmas. I get so excited, it's ridiculous. :)

I love Winter and it's prequel, and I love wearing boots and buying gifts and seeing the family all together at Christmas.

Mainly the boots thing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's 23c out and Pumpkin Spice Lattes are in Starbucks. That feels wrong.

It's not the fact that it's September that's a bit mad, it's that it's now over 6 months since I was last in work, miniKirby is over 5 months and starting on real food!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

32 degrees and back to school. Not right.
    First strike already planned for next week though so nothing much has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

buried wrote: »
    I love it. Bring on the dark, sitting by the fire reading a good book with a mug of tae.
    Summer is nothing but a huge pile of swallow $hite

The longer days seem to be the only distinguishable feature between summer and the other 3 'seasons' in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

The longer days seem to be the only distinguishable feature between summer and the other 3 'seasons' in Ireland.

That's exactly it. I'm a book and music addict, the longer hours of daylight do nothing for me except bring on waves of guilt feelings that I should be out in it, but you can't be out in it anyways with all the drizzle/rain! I also got about 8 families of swallows that arrive every year and nest all about the house, they poop everywhere underneath the nests and start feeding the young around 5am every morning. The noise is worse than sleeping beside a high speed train track at that hour. I can't wait for winter.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I am probably one of the few people who absolutely loves the Autumn and Winter.

There is so much to enjoy. The sprogs are back in their school boxes, the weather in September is as good as Summer. The leaves are turning. The raspberries, apples, and all the rest of it are dripping off the branches.

Then there is Halloween, and then Christmas, and the New Year, and off we go again.

It's the cycle of the seasons.

Autumn is my absolute favourite though. Just because.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

LOL

Takes about 6 weeks to ship stuff from China.

And the sixth biggest shipping company Hanjin has just gone bankrupt. Tarns-Pacific container shipping prices have already doubled.

So yeah, it's going to get interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

the evenings are really drawing in now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

You posted on September 1st.
    If you were talking to people the other day - it was wasn't yet September 1st :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I wouldn't mind about the Autumn closing in if we'd gotten a decent summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

or a sunny sertember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

A good measure of time is this
    How long is a minute ?
    Depends on which side of the toilet door you are standing .. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement