Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Branch banking

Options
  • 01-09-2016 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I intend to go to branch today to make some transfers.
    We have a joint account with no bank cards associated with the account, both parties of the joint account must be present to carry out a transaction on the account. There is no banking365 associated with the account. So I would imagine that we both require photo ID to make a transaction?

So, the other party on the account has misplaced his current driving licence and his only form of ID that he has today is an expired passport, would this suffice?

We are planning to make 2 transfers from the account to two Irish banks ( not BOI ) is this possible to do in branch or would we need to get Bank Drafts instead of making the transfers?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

I intend to go to branch today to make some transfers.
    We have a joint account with no bank cards associated with the account, both parties of the joint account must be present to carry out a transaction on the account. There is no banking365 associated with the account. So I would imagine that we both require photo ID to make a transaction?

So, the other party on the account has misplaced his current driving licence and his only form of ID that he has today is an expired passport, would this suffice?

We are planning to make 2 transfers from the account to two Irish banks ( not BOI ) is this possible to do in branch or would we need to get Bank Drafts instead of making the transfers?

Many thanks
    Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

To make a withdrawal on your bank account it is necessary to have proof of ID, it would be necessary that the ID is a valid passport or driving licence.

If you’d like to send us a PM with your full name and the branch you are going to and we will be happy to 
    check with them what your options in this case would be.  

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement