Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What lip colour to wear with orange?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I have a retro shirt dress in a strong orange colour - looking at this colour chart, it's somewhere between 'orange' and 'yam'.
    color-thesaurus-correct-names-orange-shades.jpg
    Given the bold colour, I've been a bit timid about makeup choices, going with a simple brown-eyeliner & mascara, and a nude lip. But I'd like to be a bit bolder, particularly (I think ) with a lip colour. Looking online there are widely varying opinions as to whether, when orange, you should just stick firmly with nude, go with another orange tone, a bold red, or a berry.

I'll probably stick with simple eyes (I only use eyeshadow for special occasions, as it irritates my skin).

Would love to hear your thoughts, oh stylish people of boards.ie!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The 90s style browny nudey lipsticks with orange undertones should work well.with an orange outfit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Also voting for a brownish tone: you can look for a nice bronze, copper or chestnut sort of colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

You could contrast with a bold pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It depends on your skin tone but something close to "amber" (maybe slightly more red in it) on your chart could work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd go brown too with gold/copper smokey eyes

• Advertisement
Advertisement