Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland Car Insurance

Options
  • 01-09-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi There,

I took out a policy with BOI Car Insurance and need to contact them regarding an aspect of the policy. I have attempted to ring on 3 occasions to the number 1890 604 604. I have been unsuccessful at contacting anyone, i keep being placed on hold, on one occasion I have been kept on hold for 1:45 minutes. I have contacted RSA to see if they could patch me through and they left a note for someone to contact me, no one has.... Not exactly great customer service. Can someone assist me with getting through?

Regards
    theduffer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Good luck getting through to them, Heaven would answer you faster. I spent hours yesterday trying to get through to them and couldn't. I asked for help on here yesterday too and surprise surprise no answer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

thanks screamer, at least i have confirmation that everyone is having this issue, will the reps not at least explain why they wont change the message if no one is picking up, particularly as its costing their customers money????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Good afternoon all,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear you are experiencing delays whilst calling insurance services team, we’re aware the team are experiencing high call volumes at the moment, please be assured representatives are working to answer all calls.  

Thanks,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Hi I received receipt of payment for the initial instalment of insurance.I still haven't received the letter I have to sign.Funnily enough I have 4 days until my insurance runs out as I have been awaiting correspondence from you and didn't get it.Im driving around with no insurance disk in my window and no prospect of getting paperwork sorted for the 9th which is four days away.The only way I see this working out would be if I get everything emailed to me,otherwise I won't meet the deadline.I agree with other posters, your call waiting service is farcical! Are Bank of Ireland ready for the car insurance market I wonder?

Johngoose wrote: »
    Hi I received receipt of payment for the initial instalment of insurance.I still haven't received the letter I have to sign.Funnily enough I have 4 days until my insurance runs out as I have been awaiting correspondence from you and didn't get it.Im driving around with no insurance disk in my window and no prospect of getting paperwork sorted for the 9th which is four days away.The only way I see this working out would be if I get everything emailed to me,otherwise I won't meet the deadline.I agree with other posters, your call waiting service is farcical! Are Bank of Ireland ready for the car insurance market I wonder?

The deadline I speak of is the one your company set for the return of all relevant documents on my end.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't advise anybody to buy Bank of Ireland car insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Johngoose, thanks for getting in touch and I'm very sorry to hear about this.
    I've sent you a PM.
    Thanks
    Nicola

Hi I'm just wondering has my policy been cancelled or not?I have sent on my no claims bonus,copies of my licence as well as the signed proposal form via email....Any updates?Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi I'm just wondering has my policy been cancelled or not?I have sent on my no claims bonus,copies of my licence as well as the signed proposal form via email....Any updates?Thanks
    Good Morning Johngoose, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here. 

For our customers security we would not have access to account or policy information on our social channels. A rep from RSA will contact you as soon as they have an update. Alternatively, you can email them directly and they will respond to your query. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Good afternoon all,

We’re sorry to hear you are experiencing delays whilst calling insurance services team, we’re aware the team are experiencing high call volumes at the moment, please be assured representatives are working to answer all calls.  

Thanks,

Tara C

Tara any chance you could tell me if I'm insured or not I can p.m. my policy number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Good afternoon all,

Thanks,

Tara C

Tara any chance you could tell me if I'm insured or not I can p.m. my policy number.
    Hi Johngoose,

Regrettably we don't have access to this information on Boards. If you need to check this, please contact RSA on 1890 608 608 and a representative will be happy to help you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement