Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Champs 2016: Mooloolaba/Kona

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

paddy power offering odds on lucy cheetham. i wonder what happens if you take that bet and susie wins or places?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

What happened to auld chocolate milk I haven't heard mention of her name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

mossym wrote: »
    paddy power offering odds on lucy cheetham. i wonder what happens if you take that bet and susie wins or places?

iwould guess you lose as she had not a great swim

peter kern wrote: »
    iwould guess you lose as she had not a great swim

my point was is it even a vaild bet as they got the name wrong, if you bet and lose can you get your money back, or win and not be able to collect as they got the name wrong. i don;t think she'll win or place anyway, more curious

i've no money bet on kona, it;s interesting enough

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

Anyone following Bryan Mc Crystal on quarqrace, his power looks a bit off????

• Advertisement

has keinle gone even lower in his position? he was always low, but this is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Anyone following Bryan Mc Crystal on quarqrace, his power looks a bit off????

What's wrong with an average of 560w?

😂

has keinle gone even lower in his position? he was always low, but this is ridiculous

he changed the helmet more a head positon change. hipp ankle looks like always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

He looks much better and smoother on the bike although he seems to be holding back a bit and not his usual "I need to get to the front quick" approach.

Am I reading this wrong or has BMC gone through 32 mile on the bike 6mins quicker than Frodo and the front pack? If so surely suicicde pace?

• Advertisement

Am I reading this wrong or has BMC gone through 32 mile on the bike 6mins quicker than Frodo and the front pack? If so surely suicicde pace?

It wouldnt surprise me. He was anxious of the bike because of the heat and wind both of which seem to be down on his practice runs

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

Over 6 splits BMC is Avg 26.96 mph. Lional Sanders Avg 25.85mph. I think Lional is faster top 10 out there....

looks lie BMC is 10 mins to the better through 42.7

Age group athletes at Kona apparently

Difficult to avoid with so many I guess but will explain fast splits. I'm not saying anything to do with BMC though.

Moto cam filming at an angle when looping back with AG heading out the way every now and then you catch a bit of footage and it;s just massive groups

FB_IMG_1475957780498_zpsfcpesrfc.jpg

If you want to ride legal or illegally you can. That pic looks bad if from Kona.

03:57
    #1700 Bryan McCrystall of Ireland is the lead amateur male on the bike

If you want to ride legal or illegally you can. That pic looks bad if from Kona.

I was doubting it myself till I saw Frodeno passing AG's on the way out and there were massive bunches.

I feel it wont be an issue but if the like of BMC amongst others out splits the leading pro questions will be asked surely.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I was doubting it myself till I saw Frodeno passing AG's on the way out and there were massive bunches.

I feel it wont be an issue but if the like of BMC amongst others out splits the leading pro questions will be asked surely.

there might be 1 or 2 amateur that can ride with mc crystal so you dont need to worry he is in a pack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

peter kern wrote: »
    there might be 1 or 2 amateur that can ride with mc crystal so you dont need to worry he is in a pack

But how much has be benefited from the shelter of those packs as he's been riding through them??

ithink what we see here is that boris stein can win this race in a few years time.
    he has only be a full time athlete for some 2years and he can run

• Advertisement

This could be shaping up to a great men's race

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Ryf should have it secured now and it seems we're getting a new running war, sweeeet :)

EDIT: watching it a bit, Frodeno looks much calmer and consistent, would be my favorite at this point, but let's see if Seb can pull of his PB on the run for the big win...

fecking idiots arent even walking the aid stations. rookies. will blow up by mile 18

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

fecking idiots arent even walking the aid stations. rookies. will blow up by mile 18

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Bmc off the bike with same split as frodo:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Pmaldini wrote: »

1st AG and they didn't even mention it.:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

zico10 wrote: »
    1st AG and they didn't even mention it.:(

The camera panned to him for like 3 seconds, commentators stuttered, then they went back to Daniela.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Has BMC much of a lead on 2nd? Does anyone know?

Pmaldini wrote: »

He lost a lot of time somewhere though. Did frodo have a stronger 2nd half or did BMC go into the red a bit and ease off for the run?

Running with his shoes into transition aswell. Oh the shame :eek::D

• Advertisement

zico10 wrote: »
    Has BMC much of a lead on 2nd? Does anyone know?

No idea. AG lads got a shout out about 2 hours ago very little since

Advertisement