Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Champs 2016: Mooloolaba/Kona

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If you watch front page of the athlete tracker selection being male and female and all pros and ag you can see others come in. Looks like there are about 4 or 5 ag in last I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

From looking at the top few in the AG off the bike, it seems to be about a 15 minute lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

zico10 wrote: »
    From looking at the top few in the AG off the bike, it seems to be about a 15 minute lead.

Closer to 10 and based off first 3 mile split at 8min mile pace you would expect a pass around halfway to 15mile

Anybody else annoyed with the pace been given in miles?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was going to say pre race i thought raleart woudn't finish given his injuries, and just saw an update that he had withdrawn at mile 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Has BMC much of a lead on 2nd? Does anyone know?

15 min on 2nd place in age group

20 min on last years oveall top amateur who should run sub 3

peter kern wrote: »

I remember slowtwitch featuring him after last year's race. I found his story very interesting. What's his name again?

Anybody else annoyed with the pace been given in miles?

No. This crazy run pace being given in KMs makes my head hurt trying to figure out if it's fast or not.

Runner problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

15 min on 2nd place in age group

Is that stubleski? See he is running 6min mile pace through first split. Has pulled back 6mins

Edit 40-44 AG seems closest to Bryan

some surprising bikes. most of all, macnamee riding 4 minutes faster than skipper. but macnamee as a former itu was with the lead swim pack, skipper was 6 minutes slower on the swim and probably biked solo. stronger biker undone by poor swim, nothing new there, so maybe not so surprising after all.

• Advertisement

I remember slowtwitch featuring him after last year's race. I found his story very interesting. What's his name again?
    dan stublinski is already in the lead

dan stublinski is already in the lead

It was actually this guy I was talking about:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/Malte_Bruns_is_in_the_spotlight_5438.html

He doesn't seem to be racing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

injuries caught up or just wasn't interested?

you are right
    he turned pro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

And records fall serious fast running

So first age grouper finished 35th male overall and Bryan McCrystal finished 69th male overall.

Needs to work on his running. :)

needs to put himself through several warm washes and hope he shrinks a few inches. big frame to be pulling around kona. after watching him fly by at lost sheep a couple of years back i was surprised at how well he ran given his bike focus

he made a huge improvement in his swim this year and if he wants he will figure it out some day
    i think he cyled too fast the first 90 k
    but iam sure he was racing for the win in his age group and went for all or nothing
    he will asess and iam sure he will be back and learn from it.

He was very very impressive this year mainly down to his swim improvement ( and i guess its true he better would go pro and race cooler races as races like uk and wales suit him better and he can podium in those )

i guess the same goes for owen he went for it on the bike and paid for it on the run but i think this bike split should give him confidence
    and it was defo not an easy run day ( aprt from patrick lange who looked amazing run times in the pros are a good fe min slower this year i would say 3-4 min on average and i think they rode easeir in the first 90 k than for a long time so in theory they should have run a bit fater this year)

seems dirty harry was at it again, frodo having a right cut at him, not pulling the punches at all

mossym wrote: »
    seems dirty harry was at it again, frodo having a right cut at him, not pulling the punches at all

it was not the fine english way but that was still race hardness,its not playing cheess in the water.
    and of ocurse he is trying to do everyhting to win this swim in order not to lose money going to kona.
    that was nothing like the gomez story back then which was really nasty.

and still well done at the end as potts was in the better positon to get the prime.

• Advertisement

yeah, i see frodo is now blaming a few too many beers, still not happy, but admitting his language was over the top

he split the pack enough ie kienle stein anrnotts et all lost enough time. he did not need more. I understand its annoying if youhave somebody like harry with his windmills stoke on you r hipps ( and it should be the drafter to adapt tothe stoke) but still
    frodo won the thing and harry needed that prime. and there was no doubt frodo was the stongest swimmer in the field so he had to brake him a bit . profesional hardness ...

IM talk have a really good podcast done right at the finish line post race, 3 to 4 minutes interview with a bunch(and i mean a bunch) of the pros after they finished

Kienle excellent as usual, would love a 20m draft zone, but won't ask for it, because everyone would say of course the uber biker wants it. plus he recognises for the spectator it would mean a much more boring race. was asked if his biking had gotten weaker given he wasn't putting the time into his opponents he once did. said his numbers were even better, but when he came first he was the only one who had gotten teh right bike/equipment/position, and he could see what was wrong with everyone else, now there isn't a person there who isn't nailed in

skipper was great as well, really expected him to do a lot better, but said he "blew his nuts off at 60km", but "what was he going to do, take the p&$$y way out and drop out"?, so himself and will clarke suffered around together.

carfrae sounded hugely emotional. James Cunnama said jodie swallow(his other half) ran past him saying she was struggling, JN asked him what did he say to her and the answer was"so is everyone else". word :)

worth a listen if you get a chance, range of emotions is telling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Highlights currently on Bike, channel 464 on Sky. I'd say it will be repeated many times in the coming days.

Advertisement