Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another young cyclist dies - see mod note in OP

Options
  • 01-09-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/boy-11-killed-in-morning-collision-with-car-35013022.html

Terrible news.

Mod Note

Guys - really don't understand why I'm having to say this after my post further down, but please stick to condolences. I've had to delete a number of further posts since making that one. Do not start discussing the circumstances or any perceptions over the wider dangers of cycling. This is simply not the place.

Thanks

Beasty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

Shocking news - my thoughts are with his family!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

just saw that, incredibly sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Dreadful news. Heartbreaking. This type of tragedy should never be able to happen on a road like that. I'll say no more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

rip. very sad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I cycle that road regularly to/from the in laws. I would deem it a safe stretch of road. Such a pity that a kid cant cycle to school without fear of this happening.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Such a tragedy, my heart goes out to the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

<snip>

RIP little lad, prayers and thoughts are with the family and the driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Feel heartbroken reading this.

so so sad - <snip>

RIP. We just never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Very sad news, poor little fella, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Very sad. Rip. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

That really is tragic.

My thoughts and prayers are with the boy's family and also with the driver who must be traumatised by this.

<snip>

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Very sad, poor lad.

<snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Inappropriate posts and comments removed

Please bear in mind people who may have known or be related to the unfortunate victim of this tragedy may read some of those comments here

Any questions PM me

Thanks

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,575 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

<snip>

This is an awful tragedy for this family and community.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RIP
    Simply awful for the family and as a father of 2 boys around that age I this is something I have nightmares about.
    Keep safe all and say a wee prayer for the poor family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

That really is heart breaking stuff. Rest in Peace

Advertisement