Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2016 Tour of Britain (2.HC) 04/09-11/09/2016 -Spoilers required

Options
  • 01-09-2016 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭

I am starting this early while I have a moment

Looks like a very intersting parcours ....very rolling

Good job then we have just the right guys for this race

Nicolas Roche, Dan Martin, Damien Shaw & Connor Mcconvey AND Ryan Mullen AND Conor Dunne all lining out and I expect will bring some attacking racing to Britain as wont be waiting around for the sprints

heePOTc.png

Stage Profiles

Stage 1: Glasgow - Castle Douglas - 161.1km
    JeGgtBN.png

Stage 2 - Carlisle - Kendal - 188.2km

YhJ5z9n.png

Stage 3 - Congleton - Tatton Park, Knutsford - 179km

kL9fqpJ.png

Stage 4 Denbigh - Built Wells - 218km

bqJoUOE.png

Stage 5 Aberdare - Bath 194.5km

mbgMXDB.png

Stage 6 Sidmouth - Haytor - 149.9km

QkioEgY.png

Stage 7a Bristol iTT - 15km
    Stage 7b Bristol 6x15km laps - 90km

BlCKWEt.png

Stage 8 London - 100km

oZxXYwv.png

Startlist: http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Aviva_Tour_of_Britain_2016_Startlist

TV: live on ITV4 and the BIKE channel each day with highlights each night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

normally a good race and good turn out from big name riders. always great to see them going through the villages and all the kids been let out of school to cheer them on. Stage 7 looks interesting with a TT & circuit race after, since ive gotten into watching cycling ive never seen a 2 stage day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

neris wrote: »
    normally a good race and good turn out from big name riders. always great to see them going through the villages and all the kids been let out of school to cheer them on. Stage 7 looks interesting with a TT & circuit race after, since ive gotten into watching cycling ive never seen a 2 stage day.
    It would be common enough in some of the shorter european stage races. De Panne normally has a split day with a TT.

Good route up until the TT, but a bit underwhelmed by finishing with two circuit stages.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    but a bit underwhelmed by finishing with two circuit stages.

oh yeah didnt notice the last stage is a circuit aswell. im not a fan of circuits tried watching those city races on itv 4 and just cant get into going around in circles, same with the TDF on the Champs at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Macy0161 wrote: »
    It would be common enough in some of the shorter european stage races. De Panne normally has a split day with a TT.

Good route up until the TT, but a bit underwhelmed by finishing with two circuit stages.

I agree.... not a fan of those circuit stages ...and only one MTF (well more hill top)

But Carlisle to Kendal looks interesting

And the Haytor finish will suit the Irish pros

• Advertisement

Dan Martin says he wants ot win the Toyr of Britain

Parcours suits him except the TT

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/dan-martin-says-hes-aiming-to-win-the-tour-of-britain/

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

I'm in shock......a professional bike race in the UK that is not going up Box Hill!!!!!!

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    I'm in shock......a professional bike race in the UK that is not going up Box Hill!!!!!!

They might stick it in yet on the London stage

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The 3.6km descent between Bala and Llangynog in Wales will feature as the finish of stage 4 of this year's Tour of Britain, the longest stage of the event. Reaching speeds of 80km/h and taking corners with the confidence that only a hugely experienced rider can, Sean Kelly talks us through the descent with a slightly alarming air of calm that we would struggle to maintain given the pace he is riding.

Chain Reaction Cycles has released this nifty 360° interactive video, which takes us down a rather spicy looking descent piloted by the legendary ‘King Kelly’.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Well the Tour de Yorkshire sticks to....

....Yorkshire

Box Hill's used for the annual London event? So what? Ardgillan/Black Hills has been used in the Ras many more times than Box Hill has been used for major UK events over the past 11 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

anyone for a boards.ie mini league ???????

League Name: boards.ie
    League Code: 02212724

http://www.velogames.com/tour-of-britain/2016/

The entry deadline is 12:30 CEST on Sunday 4th September!

Edit : forgot to ad this for beasty up there
    396052.png

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

TV Coverage courtesy of The Bike Channel and ITV 4, with the former claiming they will be there "for every pedal stroke"

396052.png

I'm in but may chnage my team

The ITV ad for this race is beyond painful !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Did that descent back in May, it's a fun one. Will be interesting to see how the pros take it.

396052.png

I'm in and I managed to include 4 Irish riders ....Its a paddies tour for me

3 Irish in the break today

Roche, Mullen & Dunne....15 man break may not come back

Conor Dunne taking on Greipel in the inter sprints ...I like his style

Roche 3rd in the sprint

• Advertisement

2nd sprint ...Conor Dunne tried again but beaten again by Greipel

MUllen 3rd this time

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Cav stopped on Struggle Hill to have words with a spectator!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Thud

Nico still in the break

.....and cue cramp

Cummins and Vermote in 2 man breakaway with 9k to go.

Breakaway now 36 secs with 6k to go.

Vermote takes the stage.

Dan Martin in 3rd

Guys

May I suggest starting individual stage threads if you want to keep track of what's going on without having to resort to spoiler tags

There's no need for course profiles and the like - just a stage number and date will suffice to get the ball rolling. Even if a thread only end up with half a dozen posts it's not that much hassle to keep the stages separate. I'll start one for tomorrow's stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Good racing on yesterday's stage but after watching an hour of the Vuelta on ITV4 beforehand the Tour of Britain coverage is definitely B movie in terms of how it is put together.

- commentators describe exactly you can see as opposed to having the ability to chat around the action giving lots of little bits of useful information

- cuts are terrible, you see where people are at a point in time and then next scene its completely different without any explanation as to how the transition between the two happened.

- no helicopter

Think I'll try and follow the rest of it on twitter or online (worked great for the RAS), anybody got good links ?

• Advertisement

I didn't think the coverage was that bad....have had worse in Spain at stage races

And you can't cover every move when lots are happening
    Plus this can add rather than detract from the action at times

Also prefer if comms talk about the race...Brain Smith did discuss riders , etc
    Can't stand the endless talk about wild boar, digs at riders /teams or unfunny 'jokes'

ITV4 have been better for me this year

Advertisement