Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Residents' Free Gym - Ashtown

• 01-09-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if this gym is any use? Can't find a tap about it online apart from it being mentioned in a few rental advertisements for the area

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I can't answer your question at all, I'm afraid, so my apologies for even replying... but can I ask, what is this gym? Is it a free gym, for people living in an apartment block or something?? Never heard of that I must say... fairly cool selling point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

That's it exactly, but I've a feeling it's like four treadmills and a couple of dumbbells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

That's it exactly, but I've a feeling it's like four treadmills and a couple of dumbbells

Is that the gym that's near the Spar and the launderette? Pretty much above them? It certainly wasn't always free for residents - I remember looking into joining a few years ago and it wasn't exactly cheap.

Not 100% sure we're talking about the same place, but the one I've seem (which wasn't free at the time) would be slightly better than your average hotel gym. It has most things you would need, except Olympic Bars and racks. The lack of Olympic Bars is a deal breaker for me. If it turns out that it's free to residents, I would certainly consider signing up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There are two gyms in Ashtown - the gym near the spar in Rathborne and the gym in Royal Canal Park.

If you live up the Ashtown station/Rathborne end, then you're in that management company and there isn't a free gym. However the gym under the spar isn't all that expensive and you can join for a month to try it out. It's fairly well equipped.

If you live up the Royal Canal Park end then you're in that management company and there is a free gym included in the management fees. You need to talk to Tammy in the management centre (or whoever happens to be in there). It's the office that's diagonally opposite the centra. There's a form to fill out and you have to do an induction. It's pretty much cardio equipment, a few weights machines and some light Dumbbells. That's for insurance reasons because it's unstaffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

There are two gyms in Ashtown - the gym near the spar in Rathborne and the gym in Royal Canal Park.

If you live up the Ashtown station/Rathborne end, then you're in that management company and there isn't a free gym. However the gym under the spar isn't all that expensive and you can join for a month to try it out. It's fairly well equipped.

If you live up the Royal Canal Park end then you're in that management company and there is a free gym included in the management fees. You need to talk to Tammy in the management centre (or whoever happens to be in there). It's the office that's diagonally opposite the centra. There's a form to fill out and you have to do an induction. It's pretty much cardio equipment, a few weights machines and some light Dumbbells. That's for insurance reasons because it's unstaffed.

Thanks! It's not the Spar one no, and it's not for me. I'm in a different gym in town

• Advertisement
Advertisement