Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3d background & pleco.

• 01-09-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

I'm setting up my new tank & put in a juwel 3d background yesterday. Only filled the tank today so will be a while yet before i add the fish.
    Just wondering if anyone has a 3d background & a pleco in their tank? Will the pleco destroy it over time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

My pleco distroyed part of the 3D background after the first night. I had to rehome her so I would advise not to get one. I use Siamese Algae Eaters to eat the algae now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

All I have left in my old tank is one pleco & one clown loach. I was hoping to move them to the new tank but I'll have to rehome the pleco.
    Are the siamese algae eaters as good as a pleco for keeping the tank clean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

fathead82 wrote: »
    All I have left in my old tank is one pleco & one clown loach. I was hoping to move them to the new tank but I'll have to rehome the pleco.
    Are the siamese algae eaters as good as a pleco for keeping the tank clean?

My plec actually scrubbed everything clean unfortunately including my lovely background. The Siamese AE leave a more natural look but do a great job too. Just don't feed them too much or they get lazy. They so like to live in little groups but are interesting fish & look nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

Thanks for the help,I'll definitely look for a few once the tank is ready for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I have a 3D background and my pleco never touched it - must have been lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement