Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowers for balcony flower box

Options
  • 01-09-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I want to have a couple of flower boxes for flowers over the next couple of months and I was wondering what my options are. Are cyclamens really the only colourful flowers that will survive colder months? Will they last a few months or the whole winter? Are there any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,451 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Pansies are good, and readily available; don't expect to get more than one season from them though. Cyclamens are also useful, though I don't think you will get more than a month out of them. There are other autumn plants but not all that readily available - some asters for example, and small chrysanths. Some established plants will continue to bloom pretty much up to Christmas.

Advertisement