Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-refundable deposit but hotel got date wrong

Options
  • 01-09-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My partner and I booked a wedding for next year and have multiple emails with the hotel confirming the date. We paid the deposit as they would not send contracts before then and the contracts have the incorrect date on them.

My question - Do we have the right to demand a refund if the original date is no longer available since we have confirmation in writing of that date from the hotel and they were the ones that delayed sending out the contracts?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

So let me get this straight.

You agreed a date with the hotel, and they confirmed same in writing.
    You paid a deposit based on this, have a receipt to prove and then further emails confirming the agreed date is yours.

The hotel have now advised they made a mistake and booked the wrong date and the original date you agreed upon is gone.

And they agree this is their error?

If so then of course you would be entitled to a refund.
    There would be no reason at all why you wouldn't be.

Have you asked for refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's probably just a mistake on the contract. Speak to them asap and find out if your original date is still OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TubeAlloy

I haven't found that they gave away the date yet, the manager isn't available until 2pm I just saw the contracts. I'm trying to figure out my rights before I call since it said a non-refundable deposit on the contract.

We have receipts for the deposit via email from the manager as well as confirmations of the date. They haven't agreed this is their error yet I'm sure I'll need to argue with them if the date has been given away.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Non-refundable applies in case you change your mind. In this case, if it were the case, it would be an error on their part and they should refund the deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TubeAlloy

That's great thanks guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement