Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shard It or Keep It?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Got a Gun or Piece of armour and not sure if it's good?

Got 2 of the same weapon with subtly different rolls?

Got a pile of Snipers and want to burn 4 of them?

Post here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Bejaysus, might avail of this. I have a bunch of sidearms that need culling.

A Conviction II FastDraw IS SureShot IS* Rangefinder* Spray and Play* Hand Loaded High Caliber Rounds Appended Magazine*
    B Havoc Pigeon QuickDraw IS* SureShot IS Rangefinder* Hot Swap* Snapshot* High Caliber Rounds Feather Mag
    C Havoc Pigeon TrueSight IS SteadyHand IS* Rangefinder* Outlaw* Hand Loaded* High Caliber Rounds Reinforced Barrel
    D Havoc Pigeon TrueSight IS* SteadyHand IS Rangefinder Spray and Play Hand Loaded High Caliber Rounds Feather Mag
    E Ironwreath-D QuickDraw IS* SteadyHand IS Danger Close Battle Runner Hand Loaded Quickdraw Appended Magazine
    F Ironwreath-D TrueSight IS* SteadyHand IS Reactive Reload* Relentless Tracker* Hand Loaded* Quickdraw Feather Mag
    G Queen's Choice Soft Ballistics* Aggressive Ballistics Crowd Control* Snapshot* Skip Rounds Appended Magazine Mulligan*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Can you reformat it so I can see which perks are in which tree?

Like I think the last 3 perks in HP are selectable and the 1st 2 are forced, but that changes depending on the type of manufacturer or faction

So I could be like "Oh keep 2 cause XYZ" and X and Y might be on the same tree so can't be active at the same time

I can't remember how the NM sidearms perks tree is laid out. But aside from that...

Queens Choice looks like Garbage though anyway
    I don't think your Iron Wreaths are up to much either (both missing Rangefinder and Sureshot IS)

I'd be leaning towards HP1 being best with Sureshot, Rangefinder, Hotswap and Snapshot
    My "God Tier" go-to HP is exactly that but with Outlaw instead of Hotswap.
    Snapshot is an unreal perk on Sidearms with Rangefinder, provided you are an ADS type player

BTW, start keeping an eye out of "Faster Sidearm Reload" on Gauntlets, given their Mag size it's a much bigger help than with something like Scouts or PRs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The only way I wouldn't ADS with a sidearm would be if I could dual wield

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The only way I wouldn't ADS with a sidearm would be if I could dual wield

They are not a good gun generally. They only become a good gun when you ADS with Rangefinder.

I've killed some (I imagine) very salty players about 40+ metres away

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nevelator wrote: »
    Bejaysus, might avail of this. I have a bunch of sidearms that need culling.

A Conviction II FastDraw IS SureShot IS* Rangefinder* Spray and Play* Hand Loaded High Caliber Rounds Appended Magazine*
    B Havoc Pigeon QuickDraw IS* SureShot IS Rangefinder* Hot Swap* Snapshot* High Caliber Rounds Feather Mag
    C Havoc Pigeon TrueSight IS SteadyHand IS* Rangefinder* Outlaw* Hand Loaded* High Caliber Rounds Reinforced Barrel
    D Havoc Pigeon TrueSight IS* SteadyHand IS Rangefinder Spray and Play Hand Loaded High Caliber Rounds Feather Mag
    E Ironwreath-D QuickDraw IS* SteadyHand IS Danger Close Battle Runner Hand Loaded Quickdraw Appended Magazine
    F Ironwreath-D TrueSight IS* SteadyHand IS Reactive Reload* Relentless Tracker* Hand Loaded* Quickdraw Feather Mag
    G Queen's Choice Soft Ballistics* Aggressive Ballistics Crowd Control* Snapshot* Skip Rounds Appended Magazine Mulligan*

I'd keep A, B and maybe F

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Can you reformat it so I can see which perks are in which tree?

Like I think the last 3 perks in HP are selectable and the 1st 2 are forced, but that changes depending on the type of manufacturer or faction

So I could be like "Oh keep 2 cause XYZ" and X and Y might be on the same tree so can't be active at the same time

I can't remember how the NM sidearms perks tree is laid out. But aside from that...

Queens Choice looks like Garbage though anyway
    I don't think your Iron Wreaths are up to much either (both missing Rangefinder and Sureshot IS)

I'd be leaning towards HP1 being best with Sureshot, Rangefinder, Hotswap and Snapshot
    My "God Tier" go-to HP is exactly that but with Outlaw instead of Hotswap.
    Snapshot is an unreal perk on Sidearms with Rangefinder, provided you are an ADS type player

BTW, start keeping an eye out of "Faster Sidearm Reload" on Gauntlets, given their Mag size it's a much bigger help than with something like Scouts or PRs

Hot shot provides bonus AA (a good chunk iirc) so along with SnapShot and Rangefinder that Havoc pigeon could be a fecking beast if you are swapping to it to finish off rather than running with it into the engagement (so hotswap is active when you are looking to use it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Ah it stands for Aiming Down Sight.

Some days I don't even lift.

Cheers lads. I'll give C, D, E & G the heave-ho so. Will hold onto one IB sidearm - just to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Pro tip y'all... when comparing multiples its easy to scrap the wrong weapon, so to avoid catastrophe hit R3 to lock it....

Down from 162 to 106 weapons after my first pass through the vault. Going to be a lot harder to break it down from there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

How do you export your vault in table format? Is there some secret I'm missing out on?

How do you export your vault in table format? Is there some secret I'm missing out on?

Destiny Item Manager. Chrome browser plugin Yo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I have DIM, but does it export your selections to Excel or something? Or do you filter for "is:sniperrifle" and manually open all and review the perks from each rifle?

I have DIM, but does it export your selections to Excel or something? Or do you filter for "is:sniperrifle" and manually open all and review the perks from each rifle?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100840973&postcount=5724

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It exports everything. Then you can manually sort by whatever heading you so choose:
    Name Tier Type Light Dmg Owner % Leveled Locked Equipped Year AA Impact Range Stability ROF Reload Mag Equip Nodes

Did a fairly chunky clear out yesterday - still have loads.

For example - I still have 19 Pulse Rifles. I'm afraid to get rid of any of them!

Same boat with PRs myself funnily enough

My new thing is move 10 of the weapons at time to one character and do side by sides of the ones with the same impact tiers.
    Then keep like 2 of each Archetype, meaning you end up with like 4-8 of each Weapon type overall which is alright

Delete exotics you never use, can always rebuy them and throw an (easily earned) 330+ into them

For example - here are just 4 of my Pulse Rifles. All Grasps.

Name AA Impact Range Stability ROF Reload Mag Equip Nodes
    Grasp of Malok 82 4 33 72 77 66 30 60 Red Dot-ORS1 Ranged Lens RLR5 TrueSight IS* Headseeker* Perfect Balance* Oiled Frame Malleus Maleficarum Glass Half Full*
    Grasp of Malok 82 4 62 45 77 61 30 60 Red Dot-ORS1* Focus Lens FLS2 QuickDraw IS Counterbalance* Speed Reload Reinforced Barrel* Will of Light Feeding Frenzy*
    Grasp of Malok 82 4 33 72 77 66 30 60 Red Dot-OES Ranged Lens RLR5 TrueSight IS* Danger Close* Perfect Balance* Injection Mold Demotion Feeding Frenzy*
    Grasp of Malok 82 4 34 91 77 61 24 60 Red Dot-OES* Focus Lens FLA5 TrueSight IS Rangefinder* Lightweight Braced Frame* Sword of Aegeus Spray and Play*

The second and fourth seem the two to keep in terms of keeping two different viable versions of the guns (one range based, one stability based), but the other two just look nice too - too nice to just junk!

I suppose its not a big issue right now - I have quite a bit of room between chars and vault right now.

Which one of these if any would you keep?

1 Y-09 Longbow Synthesis Hawkeye SLR15* ShortGaze SLH10 TacSys SLS15 Underdog Perfect Balance Rifled Barrel Reinforced Barrel Firefly
    2 Y-09 Longbow Synthesis EagleEye SLR20 LongView SLR10* Ambush SLH25 Army of One* Perfect Balance* Injection Mold Reinforced Barrel Outlaw
    3 Y-09 Longbow Synthesis Hawkeye SLR15* ShortGaze SLH10 TacSys SLS15 Underdog Armor Piercing Rounds Snapshot Casket Mag Outlaw

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Which one of these if any would you keep?

1 Y-09 Longbow Synthesis Hawkeye SLR15* ShortGaze SLH10 TacSys SLS15 Underdog Perfect Balance Rifled Barrel Reinforced Barrel Firefly

2 Y-09 Longbow Synthesis EagleEye SLR20 LongView SLR10* Ambush SLH25 Army of One* Perfect Balance* Injection Mold Reinforced Barrel Outlaw

3 Y-09 Longbow Synthesis Hawkeye SLR15* ShortGaze SLH10 TacSys SLS15 Underdog Armor Piercing Rounds Snapshot Casket Mag Outlaw

3rd one for me - higher mag size. I don't put stock in range perks on a sniper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I like the look of no.2 CDB.

Hmmm, I was leaning towards 1 myself as I like firefly but maybe its more suited to a scout, auto or pulse and not so useful in a sniper.
    Are they worth keeping? Its not like any of them are outstanding.

Firefly is not a great perk on anything other that "I will use this to kill Trash Mobs ion PvE"

I would never look at using that or Explosive rounds in PvP myself

I think I've maybe been killed or hurt 10 times in 2 years by collateral

Between Y1 and Exotics I have 38 weapons in Vault, and another 84 Y2's spread out over Vault and Chars. I'm going to keep the Exotics and the VoG stuff, shard the rest of the Y1's. I may spam some tables here, so apologies in advance. Ultimate goal is to have 2/3 of each Type.

Don't really use fusion rifles - I am thinking of just keeping E, F & H...opinions please.
    Name Dmg AA Imp. Rge Stab. Reload Mag Equip Node 1 Node 2 Node 3 Node 4
    A Ashraven's Flight Solar 63 87 40 46 82 6 59 QuickDraw IS* SureShot IS Red Dot-OAS Hidden Hand Enhanced Battery Rifled Barrel Feather Mag Hot Swap
    B Ashraven's Flight Arc 63 87 40 46 82 6 59 QuickDraw IS* SureShot IS Red Dot-OAS Rescue Mag Lightweight Hand-laid Stock Armor Piercing Rounds Grenadier
    C Darkblade's Spite Solar 36 97 51 39 55 5 26 QuickDraw IS SureShot IS Red Dot-ORS1* Last Resort Quickdraw Hand-laid Stock Malleus Maleficarum Grenadier
    D Elevating Vision Void 39 94 47 78 66 4 34 SteadyHand IS* SureShot IS MD-Reflex Last Resort* Quickdraw Injection Mold Braced Frame* Exhumed*
    E The Vacancy Void 60 95 40 100 55 5 56 Candle IS2* Torch HS2 Hot Swap* Enhanced Battery Braced Frame* Rangefinder* Danger Close
    F The Vortex Arc 79 76 38 37 73 7 89 MD-Reflex* Red Dot-ORA2 OEG Hip Fire Lightweight Hand-laid Stock Oiled Frame Army of One
    G Thesan FR4 Solar 60 94 38 81 68 6 56 Spark IS6* Flash HS4 Army of One* Enhanced Battery* Oiled Frame Rangefinder* Eye of the Storm
    H Thesan FR4 Arc 60 94 38 81 68 5 56 Candle IS2* Torch HS2 Replenish Accelerated Coils Braced Frame Rangefinder Surrounded

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've no opinion but have to say, while I don't use fusions, my Warlock PvE go to secondary is the Warlock exclusive Susanoo, so whatever perks/attributes it has are good.

Finnala's Peril 1 and Revelator 2 to be keepers. The Rest?

Name Type Type Light AA Impact Range Stability ROF Reload Mag Equip Nodes
    Byronic Hero Hand Cannon Primary 281 71 81 25 46 22 35 9 59 TrueSight IS* SureShot IS QuickDraw IS Underdog Snapshot Smallbore Feather Mag Icarus
    Eyasluna Hand Cannon Primary 290 50 81 38 57 22 45 12 60 SteadyHand IS* SureShot IS QuickDraw IS Outlaw Hammer Forged Explosive Rounds Oiled Frame Grenadier
    Finnala's Peril Hand Cannon Primary 335 71 81 46 57 22 35 11 66 SteadyHand IS* FastDraw IS QuickDraw IS Outlaw* Hand Loaded Smallbore* Rifled Barrel Reactive Reload*
    Finnala's Peril Hand Cannon Primary 291 71 81 49 42 22 41 12 66 SteadyHand IS* SureShot IS QuickDraw IS Spray and Play* Hammer Forged* Explosive Rounds Injection Mold Luck in the Chamber*
    Her Revenge Hand Cannon Primary 335 75 81 36 58 22 29 9 50 Yellow Chroma* QuickDraw IS FastDraw IS* Rescue Mag* Hand Loaded Smallbore* Feather Mag Grenadier*
    Imago Loop Hand Cannon Primary 335 61 81 40 34 22 41 12 36 SteadyHand IS SureShot IS* QuickDraw IS Rangefinder* Lightweight* Casket Mag Demotion Firefly*
    Lord High Fixer Hand Cannon Primary 330 65 81 44 57 22 35 10 41 SteadyHand IS* SureShot IS QuickDraw IS Exhumed* Lightweight Smallbore* Oiled Frame Luck in the Chamber*
    Lord High Fixer Hand Cannon Primary 330 65 81 35 42 22 42 11 41 SteadyHand IS* FastDraw IS QuickDraw IS Partial Refund Hand Loaded Smallbore Feather Mag Icarus
    Lord High Fixer Hand Cannon Primary 330 65 81 35 41 22 42 11 41 TrueSight IS* FastDraw IS QuickDraw IS Rescue Mag Snapshot Reinforced Barrel High Caliber Rounds Luck in the Chamber
    The Revelator Hand Cannon Primary 334 90 68 17 86 32 58 6 85 SteadyHand IS* SureShot IS QuickDraw IS Rangefinder* Hand Loaded Braced Frame* Feather Mag Reactive Reload*
    The Revelator Hand Cannon Primary 284 90 68 26 61 32 52 7 85 TrueSight IS* FastDraw IS QuickDraw IS Outlaw* Lightweight Smallbore* Oiled Frame Reactive Reload*

I'd be inclined to keep one of the High Fixers - maybe the last one for LiTC & Reinforced barrel.

Under no circumstances junk the baby hawkmoon!

• Advertisement

General hc advise, if it doesn't have range perks, it's probably junk.

Advertisement