Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shard It or Keep It?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I really wish they would introduce a kiosk for gear sets. That way I wouldn't have to keep all of my IB stuff in the vault, same for the Vault of Glass etc. No reason they couldn't do that.

That would be class alright, you can only rebuy ones you had already etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    That would be class alright, you can only rebuy ones you had already etc.

Rebuy the roll you had? (memory issues imo)

Rebuy a standard roll? (ok, but boring/useless)

Rebuy a random roll? (basically reforming. Not a route a see them going.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Rebuy a standard roll and allow reroll with Glass Needles, as it is with Exotics.

Rebuy a standard roll and allow reroll with Glass Needles, as it is with Exotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Rebuy the roll you had? (memory issues imo)

Rebuy a standard roll? (ok, but boring/useless)

Rebuy a random roll? (basically reforming. Not a route a see them going.)

The only ones with variable rolls are the IB gear. They should have left that as the unique set able to be rerolled imo. Made them special and above the common stuff peddled by the other vendors.

Raid gear would easy enough to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

A crap roll of a great weapon = s*** weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

So I had a hopscotch pilgrim drop, am I right in that this archetype was buffed recently?

I did love running mercy previously, 3rd eye is just a nice QoL perk, but pilgrim seems to have the better rolls. Which is better do ye think.

Pilgrim:
    rangefinder;
    spray and play;
    lightweight, hand-laid stock, injection mold;
    red dot-ors, focus lens fls2, sureshot is.

Nirwens mercy:
    outlaw;
    3rd Eye;
    perfect balance, braced frame, injection mold;
    red dot-oas, ranged lens rlr5, truesight is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

With those archetypes, stability > all. Think the Hopscotch wins looking at those rolls.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was always using Nirwen's before then I got a hopscotch to drop in crucible last week. Find the hopscotch a lot better because of the range (think mine has rifled barrel which buffs the range above nirwen's).

Both guns are very good in crucible at the moment from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

2 Hopscotch's for review, need help!

1: Red Dot ORS, Ranged Lens RLR5, QuickDraw IS
    Counterbalance, perfect balance, spray & play

2: Red Dot OAS, Focus Lens FLS2, QuickDraw IS
    Counterbalance, perfect balance, glass half full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    2 Hopscotch's for review, need help!

1: Red Dot ORS, Ranged Lens RLR5, QuickDraw IS
    Counterbalance, perfect balance, spray & play

2: Red Dot OAS, Focus Lens FLS2, QuickDraw IS
    Counterbalance, perfect balance, glass half full

I would go with the first one - glass half full, as far as I am aware, makes no actual difference to the real world damage of the gun, in that you still need to land the same amount of shots to kill someone. The numbers are (maybe) 1 higher, but it doesn't make a difference to time to kill. So a faster reload speed is better, imo - even if you don't really want to be in a position where you have ran out of bullets and NEED to reload double quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Why are people farming for PvP shotguns like the Matador when the Last-Ditch 001 has the same (if not better) base stats and comes with Rangefinder and Hammerforged?

Can the Matador roll will with both those perks and something else shotgun related I'm missing?

Going to try give shotguns a go in PvP again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Watching youtuber MTASHED today saying voidwalker is the best character for shotguns, while tipping hat to striker and Stormcaller (for punch). you should be right at home.
    Can't get over how good the last ditch is. Got one with better range stats than the DO guy and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Can the Matador roll will with both those perks and something else shotgun related I'm missing?

I picked up a very good Matador last night which is practically identical to my Last Ditch but with maybe 3/4% extra impact. Hardly noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

PetKing wrote: »
    I picked up a very good Matador last night which is practically identical to my Last Ditch but with maybe 3/4% extra impact. Hardly noticeable.

I got a matador to drop with rifled barrel & range finder which leaves it with more range and impact than the Last ditch. It was one of the earliest drops I got in RoI so I have been using that as my main PvP shotgun and it seems to get the job done.

So is it cause Rifled Barrel > Hamer Forged?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cormac... wrote: »
    So is it cause Rifled Barrel > Hamer Forged?

I think Rifled Barrel gives move range. On my Matador that perk column has Hammer-forged, Rifled barrel or Small bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I thought Matador has the best range - but the range is limited on all shotguns? So essentially the Matador goes over that limit and hits the range cap.

So the Matador and Last Ditch actually have the same range, despite the range values on the Matador being better.

Edit: Range cap data: https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/39f4u2/what_exactly_is_the_shotgun_range_cap/

So since Hand Cannons are being talked about lots, I was hoping someone could tell me which of these are obviously for the Shard Pile, and which handful are worth keeping

Name AA Impact Range Stability ROF Reload Mag Equip Nodes
    The Lingering Song 63 94 62 9 15 37 8 37 Iron Lordly Sights* Iron Warrior Sights Iron Vigor Sights Reinforced Barrel* Oiled Frame Quickdraw* High Caliber Rounds Rangefinder* Zen Moment
    The Lingering Song 63 94 55 43 15 31 9 37 Iron Lordly Sights* Iron Warrior Sights Iron Vigor Sights Smallbore* Braced Frame Snapshot Extended Mag* Army of One Firefly*
    Ill Will 50 94 50 17 15 14 7 20 TrueSight IS* SureShot IS QuickDraw IS Outlaw Snapshot Reinforced Barrel Feather Mag Mulligan
    The Palindrome 70 81 62 44 22 31 9 46 TrueSight IS* FastDraw IS QuickDraw IS Mulligan Spray and Play* Rifled Barrel* Casket Mag Rangefinder*
    Finnala's Peril 71 81 61 42 22 28 12 66 SteadyHand IS* FastDraw IS QuickDraw IS Outlaw* Hand Loaded Smallbore Rifled Barrel* Reactive Reload*
    Lord High Fixer 65 81 35 41 22 42 11 41 TrueSight IS* SureShot IS QuickDraw IS Spray and Play Hand Loaded Smallbore Oiled Frame Icarus
    The Wail 77 81 32 43 22 45 7 44 SteadyHand IS* SureShot IS QuickDraw IS Explosive Rounds Hip Fire Hammer Forged Third Eye Hidden Hand
    Eyasluna 50 81 38 92 22 48 10 60 SteadyHand IS SureShot IS* QuickDraw IS Rangefinder* Snapshot Braced Frame* Oiled Frame Hidden Hand*
    FEVER AND REMEDY~ 65 81 29 53 22 43 11 50 Whirlwind's Curse* Smart Drift Control* Accurized Ballistics Field Choke Reactive Reload Hammer Forged Speed Reload Reinforced Barrel Quick Reaction
    The Water Star 90 68 49 31 32 49 8 85 SteadyHand IS* QuickDraw IS SureShot IS Rangefinder* Quickdraw Reinforced Barrel* Hand-laid Stock Third Eye*

Delete all 3 94 impacts or keep nr. 1

Keep Palindrome, Finnalas and Water Star.

• Advertisement

Same question, but as it pertains to Sniper Rifles..... I only really use these in PvE for the most part anyway but curious to see what are the rubbish ones not worth keeping on to.

EDIT: I deleted about 8 - 10 of them there, heres whats left

Name Year AA Impact Range Stability ROF Reload Mag Equip Notes Nodes
    EX MACHINA~ 3 35 38 76 40 12 52 3 22 Whirlwind's Curse* Linear Compensator* Accurized Ballistics Field Choke Spray and Play* Hand Loaded Quickdraw Injection Mold*
    Event Horizon 3 33 37 94 40 12 56 3 33 SightSys SLS20 ShortGaze SLH10* TacSys SLS15 Grenadier Spray and Play* Explosive Rounds Smallbore* Hidden Hand*
    Efrideet's Spear 1 10 37 82 45 12 71 3 31 EagleEye SLR20 ShortGaze SLH10 Ambush SLH25* Rodeo* Upgrade Damage* High Caliber Rounds Armor Piercing Rounds* Custom Optics
    Black Hammer 1 14 37 80 52 12 62 3 28 Ambush SLH25* TacSys SLS15 Hawkeye SLR15 White Nail Upgrade Damage Snapshot Flared Magwell Perfect Balance
    But Not Forgotten 3 57 32 80 59 19 59 4 53 Linear Compensator* Accurized Ballistics Field Choke Smallbore* Hammer Forged Quickdraw* Snapshot Hidden Hand*
    Her Benevolence 1 40 31 58 63 19 67 4 35 Reforge Ready* EagleEye SLR20 ShortGaze SLH10 Ambush SLH25* Hidden Hand Skip Rounds Lightweight Hand-laid Stock
    1000-Yard Stare 2 56 31 68 40 19 66 5 54 Hawkeye SLR15 ShortGaze SLH10* TacSys SLS15 Life Support* Explosive Rounds Casket Mag* Sword of Aegeus Hidden Hand*
    Y-09 Longbow Synthesis 2 58 31 78 73 19 64 4 58 EagleEye SLR20 LongView SLR10 Ambush SLH25* Life Support* Perfect Balance Rifled Barrel* Oiled Frame Mulligan*
    Y-09 Longbow Synthesis 2 58 31 78 73 19 64 4 58 EagleEye SLR20 ShortGaze SLH10 Ambush SLH25* Underdog* Skip Rounds Rifled Barrel* Oiled Frame Spray and Play*
    Y-09 Longbow Synthesis 2 58 31 71 60 19 65 4 58 Hawkeye SLR15* LongView SLR10 TacSys SLS15 Underdog Skip Rounds Rifled Barrel Smallbore Outlaw
    Stillpiercer 2 51 31 70 52 19 65 4 59 Smooth Ballistics* Accurized Ballistics Field Choke Perfectionist* Snapshot* Custom Optics Oiled Frame Self Spotter*
    Praedyth's Revenge 1 20 16 66 100 37 78 4 49 TacSys SLS15 Ambush SLH25* LongView SLR10 Firefly* Upgrade Damage* Flared Magwell Quickdraw Field Scout*
    Seventh Sense 3 45 16 80 54 37 65 4 53 Hawkeye SLR15* LongView SLR10 EagleEye SLR20 Underdog Spray and Play Armor Piercing Rounds Perfect Balance Firefly

You'll want 1 of each damage type for PvE exploits :)

Now to the much more serious selections.

The first thing I check on a new sniper is the sight, if it doesn't have ShortGaze SLH10 then it gets dismantled, I make an exception for those that do not come with sight options.
    • Ya don't really need EX MACHINA, the extra damage to fallen is nice but it just isn't needed for WotM.
    • Event Horizon is a keeper.
    • Efrideet's Spear had its day, goodbye.
    • Black Hammer, I'm sorry I dismantled mine, you would only be using on old raids.
    • But Not Forgotten, looks good but shard.
    • Her Benevolence, lucky you, she's a keeper.
    • 1000Y and Longbows x 3, these are practically the same but the Longbow has higher aim assist I think. Hold 1k and the second Longbow.
    • Stillpiercer, I never got the hang of this, if it was useable by all characters I'd say keep it, alas it's not.
    • Praedyth's Revenge, it's pretty **** really but I did learn to snipe with it just because of it's easy 2 tap, this has been surpassed by Glass Promontary and Weyloran's March.
    • Seventh Sense, never heard of it.

Perfect, thank you. Will follow that advice so :)

Got most of the Hand Cannons, Pulses, Swords, Rocket Launchers and Auto Rifles done
    Have the Fusions, Snipers and Machine Guns semi cleaned up now too

Just Shotguns, Scouts and Sidearms left to really put under a microscope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sinaa Lamprey 1.1 chest armor.

Intellect: 53
    Strength: 56

Increased shotgun ammo and armor when running a solar class.

Opinions?

Seriously though.

Suros PDX-41

SUROS PDX-45

Sinaa Lamprey 1.1 chest armor.

Intellect: 53
    Strength: 56

Increased shotgun ammo and armor when running a solar class.

Opinions?

Do you normally run Shotties? Are you stuck for Vault space?

Do you normally run Shotties? Are you stuck for Vault space?

Mucho vault space. I do run shotguns alot and but I mainly use Gunslinger in the crucible.

They are different Archetypes for FWIW, The 45 is generally considered a better Archtype due to its bursts/TTK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

How do you generate those fancy tables with stats and perks?

Advertisement